1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #18 - Adding Lightness

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

1:39.556 pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

1:37.558

20170208_101205.jpg

Pressures 28 all around.

3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Ahhh, Brands Hatch, my nemesis......I really wanted to go sub 1:40, but it's really tough to string together a solid lap, there are a few corners that are a consistent nightmare!

Danowat32 - 1:40.425 - PS4 - Pad.

This is quite a tricky combo, well, tricky as in getting a fast time, it's a quite easy car to drive, which means it's not particularly fun to drive, but it is hard to get a solid, faultless fast lap in.

While the car is quite balanced, but has a nasty tendency to understeer on mid corner power application, and understeer on corner entry, plus it doesn't feel particularly powerful, definitely doesn't feel like 350hp!, so any kind of slide or removal of power just kills the speed, and it's hard to get it back.

In terms of setup, what are people using?, I made a few adjustments, which did help, but the setup options are very limited in this car

[​IMG]

4. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

1:38:677 - BrainsBush - PS4

T300, T3PA, TH8A manual shi(f)t

That moment when you really think that changing the color of your car helps to improve your time....then it is better time to stop ( at least for the moment)
    But I changed from black to yellow and drove 1,2 secs off. Placebo effect or??? Now a break and then I'll try the red Lotus

Thx HavanaBob for sharing your setup! Would be nice if also other pro's share their setups. Just curiosity if we more or less have the same setup and score that ultimate times. And also the new comers like me can learn from each other.

[​IMG]

Fab85, DonZmeuheu, Graveltrap and 7 others like this.
  5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

1:40.377 - XB1

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

6. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

1:41.792 Xbox

Screenshot-Original-18.png

Need to get into the 1:40s, that's my target for the week...

7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

1:38:653
    PC
    TX Wheel / H-Shifter

Brands Hatch Lotus 138.6.jpg

8. pHA1988

pHA1988 Gamer

pHA1988
    G29 H Shifter

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Fab85, DonZmeuheu, Graveltrap and 6 others like this.
  9. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Paulwev73 PS4 havana bobs 2nd setup
    [​IMG]

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

1:39.571 - XB1

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

Fab85, DonZmeuheu, Graveltrap and 5 others like this.
  11. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Is it just me, or is there not a whole lot of "feathering" in your throttle game! lol

Nice run.

paul_wev likes this.
  12. Snowman38

Hey Andy, I find this thing does something I really hate.. And that's when cars back end gets out, on braking, not too much but it seems that a little goes a long way when this particular thing happens because i find it completely unrecoverable..

Anybody else getting this? Braking, slightly sideways, the car gets slightly sideways.. not too much, but enough that it just keeps going!

Any help on this weird behavior? I'm obviously dead last in the field here, so it might just be me.

paul_wev likes this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I can't say I have noticed that, are you running with factory ABS off by any chance? If not then did you drastically change the toe at 1 end or both ends? or very drastic tyre pressure change? I really don't have a good understanding of car setup but thats the only thing I can think of if your ABS is on factory.

14. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

The most stupidest car ever. Such a waste a nice track. Etter would be BMW 1M or McLaren then this one. I really
    Can't understand this one, you let role the car and it understeers you hit the throttle catches the grip! Laughable!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Oh, and I used paddles this time

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

16. Snowman38

no, bone stock! It's probably my driving tbh.

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Week 19 is all yours...I need break anyways! :p

Traks1, V8_KB, local_man1234 and 4 others like this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

try fiddling with the setup. max the camber 1 end and try it, same with toe. its an easy way to get a feel for what it does. as default i think the front neg camber is quite a bit lower than the rear. if i understand correctly lots of neg camber will decrease longitudinal grip so maybe the front is too much better under braking than the rear? could try more neg front camber (or that could be completely wrong :p)

paul_wev likes this.
  19. Snowman38

100% stick with this decision Gravel! @iwanchek you're getting 1:38's... what's the problem? Every car has a breaking point you know.

So next week YOU pick the car and track, please.. I'd like to see at least one week where you have to put up or shut up :D

All in favor?

Bigdaddy9699, paul_wev and Lewisxbone like this.
  20. Fbrg90

Fbrg90 Hardcore Simmer

Improved my time 1:38:323 ps4 20170208_181333.jpg

Fab85, DonZmeuheu, Graveltrap and 3 others like this.