1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #20 - The Thoroughbred

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

The 458 GT2 is one car I still haven't driven yet but I was going to drive it on this same circuit just to check for that issue.

2. BDA

BDA Racer

1:47.213 - PC (Improvement)
    [​IMG]

3. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:46.218 - MakaveliA7X - X1 - G920

20170221_213334.jpg

Alright!! A full 2 seconds improvement.
    I seriously did not think I would be able to find a Second let alone 2 I'm just glad I was able to keep those red hot tires under control

Graveltrap, Tonydoc10, 365gt and 7 others like this.
  4. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

1:46.115 XB1

Some improvement but I think that's all there is. I've run about 80 laps in total which is the most I've ran in any of these competitions and I just don't see where I can improve anymore than this. It's just so jittery if I even get close enough to breathe on a curb. I've got so many skid marks down at turn 1 & 2 that it looks like they've repaved it. Campsa (turn 9) is another adventure area.

007.jpg

5. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Slight improvement, 1:44.014.

20170222_091044.jpg

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The car has a lot of grip, downforce and soft slicks, make it stop well at the end of the straight :)

I am wondering if he TC has been changed or just another effect of the grip levels offered by this car, I had it set to 4/12 which should interfere a lot, yet the only time I see the TC light flash is when I run a little wide and put a wheel on the astro run off!

The only place it doesn't have grip is on those curbs with a slight angle, they see me doing pirouettes:(

7. Asjemenou75

Asjemenou75 Gamer

(xbwr) Asjemenou75

x1/tx/t3papro
    new best Time: 1:44:835
    set up: Fuel 5 litr.
    down force front: 0; rear: 4
    final gear ratio: 1 click to the left.
    rest standard set up.
    [​IMG]

Kembro, Graveltrap, 365gt and 7 others like this.
  8. vr6mitch

vr6mitch Racer

Improvement
    1:46.384 - vr6mitch - ps4 image.jpg

Kembro, Graveltrap, 365gt and 6 others like this.
  9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Time to give up me thinks before I snap my wheel off. If I had a hat I'd take it right off to you guys. Unbelievably fast.
    Watching GT's lap,
    I'm Somehow loosing nearly 2 secs (0:31.920) between corner 2-4 then another 2-3 secs by the time I get to the 2nd delta time thingy. (1:15.10) And no matter what I try I can't gain the secs back or improve on it.
    So frustrating

Jezza819, 365gt and paul_wev like this.
  10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

We need a track map me thinks...

T3 is a killer, you are in the corner for a long time, not enough rear grip and you get oversteer too much and the noses pushes out wide...It's finding that balance, patientence with the throttle can help here as well...

I think downforce is in relevant at T3, as you are carrying 95-100mph through it! :eek:

As Insaid before I'd like to understand how downforce works on a GT3, not so much the rear wing but getting the most out of the splitter and diffuser!

365gt, Lewisxbone and local_man1234 like this.
  11. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure how realistically downforce is modeled in AC (anyone got any links?), but ride height will (should) play a large part in both the splitter and diffuser.

T3 is a hard corner to get right, there are a couple of apexes, but (to me) it's one of those corners where it just pays to concentrate on holding the highest speed throughout it, rather than trying to maximise exit speed.

edit : I've also noticed the default setups are now 16psi?

12. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

1:43.870 - PC (tiny improvement)

Screenshot:
    Weekly Hotlap #20 - The Thoroughbred 1 43 870.jpg

I think i've found my limit.

Julian2711, paul_wev, Kembro and 6 others like this.
  13. Asjemenou75

Asjemenou75 Gamer

Not that I am a hot shot race driver, but T3 is for me indeed the corner I gained the most Time on This circuit. I enter in 4 th gear, gas throttle half way and in the middle of the circuit. As the speeds drops the car wil go to the inside of the corner. At that moment I build up the gas again.......

send by Samsung microwave""

365gt likes this.
  14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Ok next week then, I don't really want to back to back two GT racecars, so thinking short circuit with something slow...

Tracks, Magione, Nurburgring Sprint GT, Silverstone National.

Car? I am tempted by the red hot chili pepper;)

Week 22 will be the 911 GT3 Cup...

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV (the manual one) at Silverstone National :D It doesn't have semislicks so would be the first WHC on street tyres I think.

Kembro and Graveltrap like this.
  16. rUudD

rUudD Racer

Improvement 1.46.152 xb1

IMG_0615.JPG

17. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Wow,there are some seriously fast laps out there, long with some great onboard vids.No lap to post yet,I've only just done a few laps to get a feel for the track and car,love this combo.I cannot see me getting close to the leaders but i know i'll have a lot of fun trying.

paul_wev, svenvangent and rUudD like this.
  18. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

New wheel new pedals new laptime :cool:
    PS4
    t500 rs
    Laptime : 1:44.161

Barcelona Ferrari 488 GT3.jpg

19. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I think you are right, so lets make it a prerequisite of the car choice, it must only have street tyres.

paul_wev, Kembro and Andy-R like this.
  20. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I'm right there with you brother. I live on the 3rd floor in my building and I've been so tempted to chuck everything off of my balcony. :D First the 55" tv to make a nice target on the ground, the the Xbox One, then the wheel & stand to act like an arrow going right through the tv. Usually I just show my anger after I spin out by either doing doughnuts in the middle of the track or if I'm facing a wall, putting the nose of the car against it and just holding the accelerator pedal to the floor for a few minutes.

I am curious about one thing though. I've seen that a lot of the faster times were using Thrustmaster equipment. Is anyone doing these challenges using the Fanatec Club Sport V2 wheel that I have? The reason I ask is that on GT's onboard laps for instance (and I don't know if he's using a wheel or controller) I can't hold those tight lines into turns like that. So I'm wondering if something is being lost in translation between what the car is doing and what I'm actually feeling through my particular brand of wheel.

Lewisxbone and BrainsBush like this.