1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #20 - The Thoroughbred

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Feb 19, 2017.

1. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

softs psi 25 will do for 1 hotlap

ESC tonin and paul_wev like this.
  2. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement, 1:44.269.

20170221_134304.jpg
    Soft tires and 17 pressures all around.

365gt, Graveltrap, Julian2711 and 9 others like this.
  3. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

1:44:499 - PC - Dualshock 4 - No TC
    [​IMG]
    I hope that it will be possible to do a better lap, but the feeling is good, and the moto configuration help for a better experience on that track , hate these crappy modification with slow chicane on circuit with already a good layout

365gt, Graveltrap, Julian2711 and 8 others like this.
  4. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, one little slide and the soft tyres are burning. They work for a few laps, but you need to be really careful with the rear tyres. I increased the tyre pressure a bit, but they still overheat very quickly. For hotlapping ok, but i wouldn't want to race on them.

With the gear ratios i did the same: Important for me is that i see red at the end of the main straight for a very short moment ... that didn't happen with my previous setup, so i made the 6th gear shorter and added a bit of downforce to get more traction when i accelerate with my very heavy foot out of the corners. Setup feels good, now i just need to drive a bit cleaner ... which won't happen i fear.

365gt, Laughing Gravy and ESC tonin like this.
  5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

1:43.993 PS4

Now on softs :eek: The corner onto the back straight is a bit touch and go with the left rear glowing red!

Forgot to mention TCS at 5/12 ABS at 6/12

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Nice lap GT

365gt and Graveltrap like this.
  7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I am sure it will be eclipsed in very short order! ;)

365gt likes this.
  8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

1:47.092 - XB1

[​IMG]

Messed about all day getting the setup better for just over half a second... whoopy doo!!!

9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Finding half a second is a pretty good gain on this track! :)

Far to much stuff to fiddle with on this car, it is very easy to get lost and make things worse!

365gt and Plastic_Manc like this.
  10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Yeah definitely know what you mean.
    I think watching your lap helped more than the fiddling about I've been doing.
    It's actually good to see where I'm going wrong.

365gt likes this.
  11. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

1:48.116 -MakaveliA7X - X1 - G920
    20170219_192000.jpg
    Well I gave it a go 2 different times this weekend and I seem to have hit a barrier.
    My 2 best times are .003 difference .
    I hope to have more time to fiddle on this thing cause it needs help and lots of it.
    20170220_101034.jpg

12. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Hi, thought I'd get involved for the first time..

1:48.112 PC

[​IMG]

Managed to rid some of the wild oversteer but I'm not that quick at all.

13. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

huge time improvement but still not <1:45 :mad:
    Also changed from yellow to blood red

[​IMG]

14. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

*edit*

1:43.883 - PC (Improvement)

Screenshot:
    Weekly Hotlap #20 - The Thoroughbred 1 43 883.jpg

Video:

I'm really starting to like this combo. I'm not a huge fan of gt3 cars, but this is fun. Car is red now, it helped.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  15. 1:47.757
    PS4pro
    G29
    upload_2017-2-21_18-34-28.png
    Factory settings for TCS and ABS.
    The tyre temp issues really hinder the full potential enjoyment of AC for me. I switched to mediums to try to run some consistent laps for the set up, but have no idea how to get the tyres opperating consistently. Rolling out of the pits and down to the first corner at 80mph, the fronts, on mediums, 27psi at 80degC, lose one degreeC tyre temp per second! On 37degreeC track.
    First go in this car, enjoying this nonetheless.

16. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

1:47.665 PC *Improvement*

[​IMG]

17. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:43.832 - OriginalR6kid - X1
    20170221_191431.jpg

18. rUudD

rUudD Racer

Improvement 1.47.150

Slowly getting there the with the setup, also made some adjustments to my FFB which seems to have helped.

With a clean lap 1.45 is def on the cards before sunday :)

Loving the challenge this week, fun car, plenty of setup options to muck around with/cock up.

Thanks GT for all the admin and work u put in!

IMG_0610.JPG

19. rUudD

rUudD Racer

How are u finding 4 seconds??! Insane

20. rUudD

rUudD Racer

Great lap, youre definitely a lot braver on the kerbs than i am i think i need to attack a couple of the corners a little bit more and trust the grip without overheating the tyres.

paul_wev likes this.