1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #21 - Daily Driver

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Feb 26, 2017.

1. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Hopefully I'l be able to string at least one decent lap together on this combo!

I just couldn't get a single decent lap on the previous event, and the electricity and back issues didn't help at all!

365gt and BrainsBush like this.
  2. ESC tonin

ESC tonin Hardcore Simmer

ESC tonin - 2.23.426 - X1

I'm a daily Alfa Romeo (GT) driver, so you can imagine the wide smile I had when I saw this combo. Just 4 laps to get the feeling and this is what I got. There is a nice home sweet home feeling this week.

Attached Files:

365gt, Graveltrap, Tonydoc10 and 7 others like this.
  3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Ok, this is horribly off topic, but how do you like that car?, I've been looking for one to buy for a while.........

ESC tonin and BrainsBush like this.
  4. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

I think I found a possible 'cause' of my slower time?? In the menu I leave traction control at Factory Settings and in game via D pad set TC to off. BUT!!! when you switch TC off in main menu of the car this Alfa is quicker per lap. Is this another placebo effect of my poorly brains of does someone reckon this also?

With the default factory settings I immediately set a time of 2:24:369. Try to improve this now with some setup changes but looks promising to go below 2:24. We'll see.

River Ruckus and onepueblo like this.
  5. ESC tonin

I love my car but not only for what it is, it has also a sentimental value. But to me it's low, stiff and powerful enough to have fun and not too much so I don't fear for my life or driving license. Overall I find it gorgeous.

6. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

2:23:899 - BrainsBush - PS4 (Improvement)

Thanks for the helpful free advizes, vids and setup sharing. I pushed a <2:24 out of this Alfa. So far quite happy with it.
    Below also the setup I used to achieve this time. Any suggestion is welcome, or if it can help you feel free to use it :D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

365gt, Graveltrap, Jezza819 and 8 others like this.
  7. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

2:25.055 - River Ruckus - PS4

[​IMG]

Let it flow, let yourself go
    Slow and low, that is the tempo

Starting to feel the rhythm :D

Pressure 37/38/40/41 (rears go cold after half a lap anyways, this way I can at least maintain the 45-46psi that I want)
    max Camber all around
    zero Toe all around

365gt, Graveltrap, Kembro and 7 others like this.
  8. ESC tonin

ESC tonin - 2.22.784 - X1
    WHC 21.jpg
    Something seems to happen in 4th lap.

365gt, Graveltrap, Kembro and 3 others like this.
  9. 2:24.867
    PS4 G29
    upload_2017-2-27_18-54-27.png

Having spent most of yesterday doing the Exos special event at Mugello the first few laps were hugely amusing. Great choice for the challenge this week. I sat still for 10 whole laps!
    Patience is practice.

365gt, Graveltrap, Kembro and 3 others like this.
  10. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

2:25.782
    PS4
    T300
    IMG_20170227_1942204.jpg
    I think I still have my Problem with Italien womens:) Although I like her sister Gulia a lot more!!!

365gt, Graveltrap, onepueblo and 3 others like this.
  11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

2:22.511 PS4

Now in 1080p :)

Hot Hatches have no joy in Assetto Corsa for me, this makes me sad :( I don't know if it is the cars available in the game or the sense of speed or even the way I drive them but no joy :(

Hot Hatches are something I struggle to resist IRL, out of the 4 cars I have actually bought 3 have been of the hot hatch variety...Currently on a Clio 220 Trophy which makes me smile from ear to ear, even when being used for the most mundane of tasks! Joy :D

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This one is like pulling teeth

2:26:065

PC, wheel

IMG_0620.JPG

365gt, Julian2711, Kembro and 2 others like this.
  13. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

I get the strong impression that forcing the EDL to kick in can be used very much to one´s advantage when applied correctly on corner exit. There also doesn´t seem to be any way of turning it off as far as I can see.

365gt likes this.
  14. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

2:22.768
    PC
    T300RS

upload_2017-2-27_20-14-20.png

365gt, ESC tonin, Graveltrap and 3 others like this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Enough anger for today... ;)

2:25:367

PC, wheel

IMG_0621.JPG

365gt, Graveltrap, DonZmeuheu and 2 others like this.
  16. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

365gt, ESC tonin, Graveltrap and 2 others like this.
  17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

EDL is the diff working, it's a feature ;)

Edit - Actually it should be something to do with the brakes being used to optimise traction the car is fitted with an open diff, but I don't know if that is modelled in AC.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    365gt likes this.
  18. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

2:25.763
    PS4
    T300
    IMG_20170227_2126054.jpg
    Small improvement...

19. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Hot Hatches have no joy in Assetto Corsa for me, this makes me sad :( I don't know if it is the cars available in the game or the sense of speed or even the way I drive them but no joy :(

Hot Hatches are something I struggle to resist IRL, out of the 4 cars I have actually bought 3 have been of the hot hatch variety...Currently on a Clio 220 Trophy which makes me smile from ear to ear, even when being used for the most mundane of tasks! Joy :D[/QUOTE]

If you ride those with default setting the joy will come back, no reason to mess with impossible setting up and unrealistic fuel and tyres consumption etc etc, that kills the soul of the car, you said it. Only tyre pressures I accept to modify as you do in everyday life.

20. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I've seriously lost my racing mojo, I don't know what's gone wrong, but I just can't seem to string a lap together, feels like I am racing in boxing gloves.....

anyway.....

Danowat32 - 2:25.98

[​IMG]