1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #45 - Oldtimer GP

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Gutted that I didn’t have time for some laps today, The M6 motorway is definitely not has exciting as the Nords.
    Roll on tomorrow

Cyberdyne systems and paul_wev like this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Id much rather see the 911 3.0 RSR than the 49 at Silv67, I like that track! (guilt trip incoming, violins playing for the remainder of this paragraph...) I missed one of my fav cars in the GT40 because nvidia ring and dont want to miss 1 of the better tracks because rubbish car. Im sure we can all agree the 49 is a turd and F1 is boring so surely the 911 or 908!! :D

Monza66 Junior would be nice in a period correct car. Abarth 595SSS2 (the stock version should be saved for somewhere with a big hill like Spa for lols)

Graveltrap and paul_wev like this.
  3. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Assetto Corsa_17.jpg Assetto Corsa_16.jpg Assetto Corsa_15.jpg

Not a good night on the track. Not at all! Didn't even make it to the Karussell. To add insult to injury, the brake pedal started chirping and I had to end the session early because of noise complaints (from my uncle). At least there's still a few more days to get things sorted out. Until next time!

4. uelas_77

uelas_77 Simracer

improvement / 6.50.974 / PS4 / T150

Assetto Corsa_33.jpg

still I can scratch somethin, but I like it also like it is, rezpect to all the times out there

5. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    6:46.750
    PS4
    T300
    IMG_20170831_1555435.jpg

6. DonZmeuheu

Another improvement
    6:45.259
    PS4
    T300
    IMG_20170831_1640484.jpg

7. DonZmeuheu

Wow...and another improvement :)
    6:43.310
    Ps4
    T300
    IMG_20170831_1723459.jpg

8. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Page 10! Chipping away...

A few guys on track finding time, no new entries to report in this update! 24 drivers have set a time.

Current Standings
    1. 6:27.800 - Daniel Perez - PC
    2. 6:29.260 - V8_KB - PC
    3. 6:32.293 - local_man1234 - PS4
    4. 6:37.547 - Pretend racer - PC
    5. 6:38.968 - Graveltrap - PS4
    6. 6:42.324 - BrainsBush - PC
    7. 6:42.511 - moodyryder - PS4
    8. 6:43.004 - Lewisxbone - X1
    9. 6:43.310 - DonZmeuheu - PS4
    10. 6:44.919 - StyleF1re - PS4
    11. 6:44.930 - Fbrg90 - PS4
    12. 6:47.373 - Neawoulf - PC
    13. 6:47.964 - Laughing Gravy - PS4
    14. 6:50.974 - uelas_77 - PS4
    15. 6:51.732 - Plastic_Manc - PC
    16. 6:54.618 - sissydriver - PC
    17. 7:01.697 - Glitterchebs - X1
    18. 7:05.080 - Justray2000 - PC
    19. 7:08.460 - Hugo Catarino - PS4
    20. 7:12.983 - Hammerpgh - X1
    21. 7:13.287 - Gurkensepp - X1
    22. 7:23.208 - paul_wev - PC
    23. 7:30.098 - Cyberdyne systems - PS4
    24. 8:56.460 - flyingcarrot - X1

9. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    6m41.911s
    Ps4/Ds4

20170831_202107.jpg

10. DonZmeuheu

I Have now just bought my new Fanatec Steering wheel package for PS4:) with the csl Elite Pedals and as a Bonus the Porsche 918 RSR wheel. can't wait to get my hands on that new equipment especially with AC. Good friend of mine has the same equipment and I tried it a few days ago...and wow what a changer compared to the T300 that I have at the moment...Funny thing Fanatec send me an email that I will get my gear asap....hope that soon don't mean the same as when Kunos say that:))

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

i am done for this week. :(
    when all comes together it could be low 6:4x.:p
    but i am lightyears away from getting it together.:confused:
    it frustrates and so i stop this.:oops:
    but i learned a lot and it was a lot of fun.:):)
    thx gravel!:):):)
    and good job @ all!!!:D:cool::):p;)
    keep on racing :);)

12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I have been thinking about the Fanatec PS4 stuff, mainly because of the pedals....Will be interested to hear the full review ;) Saying that I have also been considering building a PC, which opens up a whole new world of pedal possibilities!

13. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

That´s what I did today. New beast of a PC and an Oculus Rift. Now installing hardware,software,updates etc and hopefully somewhere this weekend my first AC hotlap in VR? Santa wife was early this year!

14. DonZmeuheu

The cause to buy that Fanatec Stuff was only for the Pedals and of course the Porsche wheel because it look so damn good;) But I can say when I tested it at my mates home the force Feedback was incredible good in my opinion when I compared it to my T300. The Pedals, especially the brakes are a huge improvement against the T300 Pedals which are IMO not so good. I hope as soon as I will get my equipment I can make a better review.

paul_wev and Lewisxbone like this.
  15. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Cool, I will be looking to upgrade this xmas, not sure what to go for yet, the thrustmaster pc one or fanatec. Or if I'm a really good boy possibly a dd wheel? But no idea which yet. So looking forward to a review. Happy for ya.

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

DonZmeuheu and Lewisxbone like this.
  16. Just curious, do you mean the pedals that come with the T300 or the T3PA pedals ? I'm thinking of switching to Fanatec because of the pedals as well.

DonZmeuheu likes this.
  17. DonZmeuheu

Thanks Paul...

18. DonZmeuheu

Yes I mean the normal Pedals that come with the T300. I don't know the T3PA Pedals so I can't compare it, but I heard good things about it.

19. StyleF1re

Getting just a little bit jealous over here after those last few posts. I might be back to post a time if I don't end up airborne and upside down like the other night... haha

Nice! I'm still deciding whether to make the switch over to Fanatec, but I think I'll wait on their direct-drive model to come out first. How is the Fanatec wheel hub compared to the T300 in terms of feel, torque, response, loudness, technical soundness, etc? Would be great to have some insight on all of this! The CS shifter has to have the TH8A beat, and I'm sure the pedals are much more ergonomic and less painless to adjust and deal with than a T3PA-Pro with an aftermarket load cell.

Wow. Game-changing and possibly life-changing setup right there! Maybe someday I'll run the gauntlet with a PC, but until then I'll be green with envy. You should give the C1 Shuto Expressway and those various mountain passes of Europe a real go once you get the VR up and running!

paul_wev, DonZmeuheu and BrainsBush like this.
  20. StyleF1re

6:44.618 (Improvement)/ PS4

Assetto Corsa_18.jpg

Probably my last attempt at this challenge, since I'll likely be occupied watching my friend drive (on AC) most of Saturday here. Whether he's We'll see though! Sunday brings the usual early work shift, so no WH challenge or live stream of the F1 race for me.

Anyway, certainly some time to be had with this lap. Exits for both the section approaching Bergwerk and later out of Bergwerk were fine, but not blistering. I believe I trailed my ghost by two car lengths going into Mutkurve (after previously being ahead or on-par at Bergwerk). Things also got hairy right before Hohe Acht and I'm assuming I lost five tenths or more trying to save the back end from coming around. The kleines Karussell was probably the nail in the coffin though, as my inability to get on the throttle quickly ultimately cost me a shot at a 6:43 lap. Again, my ghost briefly got ahead by maybe a car length, but a better exit onto Dottinger Hohe sealed the deal for a new personal best.

That all said, this was probably the greatest WH challenge I've been a part of. The 312T and the Nordschleife are a match made in heaven! Kudos to @Graveltrap and to everyone who put in time over these past two weeks. And one more thing. Any last words or improvements @Laughing Gravy ? 6:43? Show me the money!