1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you like more Mod Tracks in AC, similar to Zandvoort? [Strawpoll]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, May 24, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I voted for no. I dont know why but I really dont like Zandvoort even if its pretty close to iracings laserscanned version according to people. I dont dislike it in that manner but its nothing I actually drive.
    If they release non-laserscanned tracks for free no one could complain, really, but id prefer to pay for laserscanned tracks.
    R3E have Zandvoort too and that is more fun to drive but they doesnt have laserscanned tracks, more than nords, and I can enjoy that more. I wouldnt call it "better" but they havent spoiled me with laserscanned tracks. :)

2. LilSki

LilSki Alien

You new around here? ;)

Rigel, aphidgod and kofotsjanne like this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes. No but seriously, I was one of them that would prefer a laserscanned version of Zandvoort. But tbh its just stupid to cry about it since it was free, it would probably be ok if they released it with a dp too since it went a lot of work into it but i voted 3 because driving on that feels better (its my wannabe sim racer that talking hehe). :)

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

go for it. more quality tracks are really what AC lacks. laser scanned is a sweet bonus.

5. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Zandvoort is great even without laser scanning. Sure, I prefer laser scanning, but I'll run modded tracks just as much as official if they are good enough.
    I want to run Tsukuba 2.0 online all the time but no one uses it. Is perfect for the Japs!

Edit:

I like this idea:
    Similar to rFactorcentral, you have a long list of 1-5 ratings based on many things for every track. Grass, AI flow, textures, PPF, accuracy, fun factor, etc.

Create a VERY high expectation for these ratings, and at the end of each month or so, release officially the best rated track/s. Similar to the million livery contests across board from all racing games, except for tracks.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    kofotsjanne likes this.
  6. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

I don't think there will be others experiments like Zandvoort, because laser scanned tracks are an exclusivity of AC in the console market, so any further compromise would only reduce this selling point.

Vel likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I hope you right. But on the other hand we just got Black Cat County.

8. alex72

alex72 Alien

Voted yes and would gladly pay for well made non LS tracks like ZV. We all know Kunos doesnt charge crazy sums so everyone can afford it.

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I voted yes but with the caveat that they need to be VERY high quality.

There are only a handful of current mod tracks that match the quality of ACs official content.

10. plaid

plaid Alien

The most essential factor of a track to be enjoyable is the layout I think. And as long as a person doesn't visit the real tracks, I don't see why small differences in small details are important, as long as you get the character of a track right (small or big bumps, many or a few, etc.).
    Especially as a small team with limited ressources I see it as a opportunity and no matter if its Forza or AC, what racinggames can't have enough of is tracks.
    That could be a big plus for AC, since especially for casualgamers it doesn't have that many advantages over other titles.

I would rather like to see more DLC tracks than cars (I don't bother at all about the latest DLC) and there are some really talented people out there that could help, so we can have tracks like Bathurst, Road America/Atlanta etc. which will be used online and released for consolegamers.
    If there would be no scanned version anyway, it would be no loss, people disliking them - that is a a vocal minority of the people that buyed AC - could ignore them. Or delete them or whatever.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I cant vote on my phone but its a yes from me.

I think id rather have the worst conversion of a fun track than high quality modern Silverstone :D Not to mention a really fun well made mod like Riverside.

I really hope we get the classic Silverstone and Monza layouts soon!

I cant see it happening (i guess cars sell copies) but non LS to bring in tracks from overseas would be great.

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The dev's have said that scan data sharing won't happen. iRacing would make Kunos pay through the nose and Kunos would return the favour...

13. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Black Cat County is laserscanned.:p

14. phizz

phizz Simracer

Laser-scanned tracks are the reason why I don't play other sims that much. Only run nords in RR and Brands Hatch and the other few scanned tracks in pcars from time to time.
    The track model is the only thing you can do like 100% correct in a simulation. Everything else simply just can get close because of the ffb wheel's limitations and complexity etc. So even when I run my low budget g29, I can say to myself, at least the track-layout is 100% right.
    Yes, I know, tracks change during time. I think when I tried the LS nords for the first time, which is the only one I can compare to my real life experience, I was amazed so much that I don't want to miss it. Even a friend of mine who has a "pc racing games are for kids" mentality finally changed his mind and uses it to learn the track just because of the laserscan.
    Long story short, I'd be okay with mod tracks but I wouldn't really use them.

15. Justy

Justy Rookie

Laser scan only.

16. I would vote yes as there are some fantastic modded tracks out there, but, with the situation as it is, the ability to download and simplicity of installing modded tracks, is it that important in the grand scheme of things?
    Modders who have the time and patience will eventually upgrade their tracks with the latest textures etc., and there are quite a few out there at the moment that are worthy of the Kunos seal of approval as they stand...
    I am just your average racer, love to play this race game, but to be honest, and I know there are lots of people out there who do, but how many of us would know a LS track from a non LS track? Anyone could tell me all tracks are LS, I would not know TBH. ;)
    On the other hand not to be unappreciative, it is nice to know the track is as near to its real life counter part as it can be.:)

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was and watching stcc a weekend ago, it sucked. Noone of the cars are laserscanned. Arcade.

18. f.gek

f.gek Hardcore Simmer

having made zandvoort ... of course I say yes
    you do not like a track that is not LS? .. do not use it .. maybe others might appreciate.

19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Talking of mod tracks what are the kudos like quality mod tracks out there? Ive seen a lot and most are poor with rubbish ai. Donnington seems good

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I agree on that. I dont use Zandvoort but I know there is good racing on that track according to people here on the forum, so I say go for it!