1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you like more Mod Tracks in AC, similar to Zandvoort? [Strawpoll]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, May 24, 2016.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

This would be good alternative too. Although console users won't benefit from it.
    Seems votes are roughly 2/3 in favor of mod tracks atm. Surprising, was expecting around 50-5o judging by past controversy. Also surprised that so many people actually have voted, great.

2. There, that's better ;)

fbiehne and LilSki like this.
  3. almarm

almarm Racer

Real lasser scanned tracks only, please; that's the identity of this game.

And please: not more highway unreal tracks (black cat county style), were you cover more than a lane if you set the dashborad cam (somebody test it before launch?)...

4. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

Laser scanned tracks only is the identity of iRacing, the identity of this game is accurate physics and content variety created by modders, as far as I know.

What's your opinion on the subject of balloons?

Andy-R, SlimRacer, GCCRacer and 3 others like this.
  5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I'm not sure on how practical it is for them to travel to places like Australia but I just ask myself would I rather Kunos implement tracks from over here, yes I would, do they have to be laser scanned? Nope. I'd rather see the track in AC then just have it on a wishlist forever. And that goes for any track from around the world. If they are going to do it it's going to be quality regardless if it's scanned.

6. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

But there will always be someone missing his track in the game, laserscanned or not. ^^

7. almarm

almarm Racer

And Assetto to.
    Mod content is the identity of rFactor series.

Quality over quantity, that's what made some of us came to PC from consoles.

8. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

That is why we have had Monza 66 since the beginning... And AC was DESIGNED to be a sim, where modders would make stuff Kunos didn't... Kunos said that themselves....

That is why we can have Minorating and SRS + all the amazing cars and tracks that aren't official

ekosan likes this.
  9. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I went for "Yes as long it's free" but it was a close call... I wouldn't want this to become the trend, I want more laser-scanned tracks. Some bonus non-scanned tracks are ok, but they should really keep investing in laser scanning. I'd definitely pay for a pack consisting of tracks only, even a more expensive one, if they had some good tracks properly scanned.

10. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Yes, if free.

Assetto Corsa has too much cars, but not too much tracks. Need more tracks, specially tracks outside Europe. And I think tracks outside of Europe is hard to do with lasescanning, so, if can make this without laserscanning, is a cool thing.

And, some tracks cannot be laserscaneed, like Imola with 1994 layout, the old Jacarépagua layout that was a very cool track and others. And this could be a good experience to Assetto Corsa users.

11. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I voted no. Laser scanned tracks is one of the things that makes Assetto Corsa 'special' in my mind. Every time I see that screenshot of Zandvoort with the wobbly grids and lines, I think "Assetto Corsa is better than this!!" I am definitely an Assetto Corsa fanboy. I sing its praises loud and proud on other forums and in here, obviously. Having the best physics, force feedback and track precision is what sets Assetto Corsa apart from the other sims. I still love the mods. I might have to go to Bilster Berg rehab soon, I'm loving it so much. But, that's a mod. From the developer I expect not a gold standard - but a platinum standard. They've already proven they CAN do it with the laser scanned tracks they've already given us. If Kunos can only give us 1 new track a year because of the costs of laser scanning, so be it. We'll still have awesome mod content to keep us happy in addition to the existing laser scanned tracks.

12. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Thing is: if Kunos had not said that Zandvoort is not laserscanned no one would bother. And why? Because you don’t notice.

ekosan likes this.
  13. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure some would have recognised like with that starting grid that something is wrong. But what I think about every time is the econimics when building a track. Stefano said (in his stream IIRC) that Simone is working on a track about 4 month. And I'm pretty sure that the laserscanning is just a small part of the time to produce a Track. At the end, time is money and in my opinion its smarter to invest this manhours in building a scanned high precision track instead of a normal handmade.

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But Zandvoort is not really a played/existing track in other racing games. Now if you make Suzuka, Bathurst, Laguna Seca, and other USA/CA/BR/UK tracks, then those will be one more irregular version added to the pool of non-laserscanned tracks from other racing games. You most likely played a non-laserscanned version of those previously mentioned tracks in other racing games, and most likely you tried them as a mod in AC, now you want another different version of those tracks officially in AC? I know laserscan+license is more expensive than just license, but 2-3 tracks of laserscanned tracks a year is good. For me AC is not just a racing game, otherwise I'd be playing any racing game. High fidelity on cars and tracks is the core of it all for Assetto Corsa. But just like on what features and customization AC was developed with, ultimately is kunos decision how the game will be, of course also looking for what players want and how that meets up with time used on the product and money received from the product.

15. I agree that every track that Kunos go out to actively licence from the outset should be laserscanned. However, if they find a really good quality mod track that can be tweaked, licenced and released as an official track, then I would like to see it done. I really don't see the problem with that. Zandvoort is a great track for racing. In fact, there is only one issue with it.....

It still only has 18 grid spots ;)

16. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

If the console versions do well then hopefully they will expand their track making staff, and quffy I suggest you check out other racing games, ie iRacing that have Zandvoort

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    ALB123 likes this.
  17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I know about Zandvoort being in iracing, and being the only game to have it laserscanned (afaik), but doesn't make it a track used by many players from the racing game genre, or existing in other popular games. Raceroom has it but as paid add-on, same with iracing. This tracks also comes with Race07. But if you're going to add a non-ls laguna seca, then it will be one more non-ls laguna seca that many people already played in other racing games or as mod in AC. But many people haven't played Zandvoort before coming to AC as non-laserscanned. What if Nordschleife, Imola, Brands Hatch, etc. would have been non-ls in AC, each would have been one more different version from other racing games and from real life.

I don't think a con of laserscanning is that people won't try it in real life so then it won't matter, but in fact being laserscanned is a pro for people who tried or will drive it in real life, the case with Vallelunga (for the press event), Nordschleife, Spa, and other popular tourist tracks. I think Zandvoort is also frequently used for track days.
    In the end the geometry of the track makes more sense/has better fluidity when is recreated from the laserscan, even when you didn't try it in real life. And especially when you played it in past racing games.

dermonty likes this.
  18. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

You people are aware that Kunos is a small team with a small budget, they're not Polyphony Digital, right? Laser scanning tracks costs money, and it doesn't grow on trees.

fbiehne and LilSki like this.
  19. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

If it's the only way to get official Interlagos, Suzuka, Gilles Villeneuve, Laguna Seca, Watkins and Road America yes.

Sure LS is better, but Zandvoort has some good placebo :D

Andy-R, ekosan and djtopa like this.
  20. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

I come from Iracing and I know how laserscanned tracks feel. Personally I have no problems with well modelled non-laserscanned tracks, even fantasy tracks can be great (Lake Louise, Lucca for example). All that matters for me is the mesh and the authenticity of the environment and I'm sure that Kunos is capable of reproducing famous circuits without a laserscan in an accurate way. And if they - as a small team - cannot afford the high costs of a laserscan that's the way to go imo.

LChaves and Fat-Alfie like this.