1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you like more Mod Tracks in AC, similar to Zandvoort? [Strawpoll]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, May 24, 2016.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I was never against non-lasered tracks, quite the opposite. I was especially keen on Zandvoort and Kunos delivered great quality without laser scan. And that's where I still stand - Zandvoort is my favourite AC track. So: don't step back from tracks only because you lack laser scan. It can be done with good accuracy even without.

Dean Ogurek and Fat-Alfie like this.
  2. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Sure, if kunos polished them before release? It would be easier for players.

3. This is exactly the reason why we need quality mod tracks to become official Kunos content. More drivers will have access to official content. It's as simple as that.

fbiehne and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm going to vote no. I have nothing against Zandvoort, I think it's a great track but I don't think Kunos should let their quality slip or the fact they focus on laser scanned data. There's nothing wrong with the quality of zandvoort but a laser scanned track is extra special. Knowing you could apply what you learn in AC about one of their tracks in the real world is an incredible selling point.

What I wouldn't be opposed to is more fantasy tracks like Black cat country. They could even use their real world knowledge to construct very detailed fantasy tracks, I wouldn't be opposed to real roads being made like zandvoort either, because it's next to impossible to get laser data anyway. But with real world tracks, where possible, laser scan. That's not to say I'll throw my toys out of the pram if we get more tracks done like zandvoort, but I'd be more than a little bit disappointed.

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Current results, suggest that only a 30% say no to this scenario. I was expecting a 50/50 TBH.

6. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

Yes, lower than I thought too, which is why I'm really hoping to get a Kunos reply at some point on this issue. Even a "we're monitoring the thread and discussing internally. We'll get back to you" would be great.

Personally, I can't wait to play on Bridgehampton with 20 other humans on an AC Cobra and it probably will never happen until it's official content. How's that for a vintage experience? Even those who are in the laser scan at all cost camp (a position I disagree with but understand for existing tracks) will probably agree that it would be great for historical tracks at least. You're not going to race online on laser-scanned Bridgehampton any time soon so why not with the mod? It seems like a no brainer to me, really.

sagara79 and fbiehne like this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

It's the only option when it comes to historical tracks. I'm sure everyone knows that and expects historical tracks to be a best attempt at what they were like.

8. phizz

phizz Simracer

I thought there is a good mod already so why don't you play it? Honestly I never heard of that track and we have lots of other popular(driven in popular racing series) tracks in game that aren't really used too. Making it official doesn't guarantee that it will be used much.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

I'd like to see all the non-laser-scanned stuff bundled as a free, or token-priced, DLC that gets updated over time. The goal being that if I don't want that stuff then I simply don't purchase - I say purchase even though it could be priced at $0.00 - the DLC license. If I do want it then I have to "do something" trivial in order to get it. To each their own. Everybody gets the kind of content they want without also getting content they may or may not want. If things were packaged that way from the get go then, by all means, Kunos could add more non-LS tracks to the non-LS track DLC whenever felt like it and everyone would still get the kind of content they wanted...

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

- Official content from Kunos - laser scanned tracks only
    - Have "blessed" by Kunos community mods, tracks, cars, apps, available in Steam workshop. Modders can even charge for their content with percentage of transaction going to Kunos.
    Model used by UT4 at the moment, except they are not on Steam yet.

11. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

well I know two guys that I've brought to simracing through AC having the laser scanned tracks as a feature, they've just come back from spa and although they've both driven it IRL before, they did remark on how well their hotlaps in AC's GT2 BMW had improved their laps and how uncannily familiar it all was :)

They were both in amateur racing league and see simracing as a way of getting their "kicks" cheaper and to learn tracks ready for real life trackdays, don't think either of them would have bothered with AC were it not for accurate laser scanned tracks

ir Sindaco likes this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'll just leave this here.

upload_2016-5-24_22-37-17.png

13. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I would like it more to have Steam Workshop connected to the game instead of having mods become official

ir Sindaco likes this.
  14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I would prefer laser scanned only, however if its not appropriate to do that then as long as its the same quality as Zandvoort, I would entertain it as a free content.

The one aspect about the whole Zandvoort thing which was a bit odd was that its a track based in Europe, one that I would have thought would be "scannable", unless there are reasons which might prevent that.

15. LilSki

LilSki Alien

It was strictly an experiment to see if the community would accept a non LS track as official content. The problem was they didn't handle it properly and never stated it was a mod to go official. So everyone simply assumed it was a LS Zandvoort since every other track has been up until then. So when Stefano casually mentioned it wasn't LS the community collectively lost its mind.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. And the community still haven't found their lost minds, it seems. Anyways, I am all for high quality mod tracks becoming official content, but I doubt it will ever happen again due to the backlash.

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

the biggest shock of this list for me is Silverstone National being below S International :D infact being so low it doesnt even feature in the top 29 and the very recently added Vallelunga Classic does... no love for my favourite Silverstone layout! :(

i assume Valle extended had a name change when they added the classic layout? (its on the list twice)

18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm all for it. All I care about is that the track is up to KS visual standards, and the road surface has some life to it, i.e. not glass. I don't care if it's not mm perfect to real life. A track is just a virtual arena on which to compete against others.

LeDude83 and Nasos Charalampou like this.
  19. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

20. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer