1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you like more Mod Tracks in AC, similar to Zandvoort? [Strawpoll]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, May 24, 2016.

1. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I think the most money is needed for the manhours needed to build the track and the licensing costs, you have this with non-laserscanned tracks too.

2. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Here is a video showing how Iracing built COTA.

3. GothaR

GothaR Racer

I voted yes, but I agree with others - it should be clearly stated in game, that the track is not laserscanned. Because it is nice to have more tracks, but part of AC's marketing is based on high quality laserscanned tracks.

4. almarm

almarm Racer

They're totally unnecessary.

5. I would prefer to see non laserscanned real world tracks than fantasy tracks like Black Cat County. No offence intended to Kunos for the hard work they obviously put into making the latter, but I find it difficult to relate to most fantasy tracks.

LChaves and Fat-Alfie like this.
  6. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I know what you mean. If Kunos insists on additional fantasy tracks, I hope they make them like a racing circuit a la Gran Turismo Grand Valley Speedway or Apricot Hill Raceway. Something that could be mistaken for a real race track.

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. If it takes less time to build a track like zandvoort compared to a ls track, that would be a yes, but if it takes around the same time to get a proper version, similar to zandvoort, I don't know, other than cost of licensing and scanning, which the only cost being cut would be the scanning since I bet they have to pay for the license anyways...

So it all depends, if they could deliver a dream pack with 2 not ls tracks in the same time as with 1 ls track I would say yes

Sent using Tapatalk

LChaves likes this.
  8. LilSki

LilSki Alien

The idea is to include mod tracks which would mean little to no added dev time for kunos.

Think of it this way. One of the reasons there is often a difference between mod and official tracks is the official textures are often better. If a mod track could become official it could then use official assets such as the textures.

aphidgod and LChaves like this.
  9. Well, then it's definitely a Yes

Sent using Tapatalk

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes. YEEES. YesYesYesYes. Yes...please.

11. Omelete

Omelete Racer

i think that assetto must be laserscan more circuit type: Jarama, cheste, motorland in spain. cadwell, sneterton in uk tsukuba in japon zolder in belgium ..... all simulator have the same circuits.... is boring

12. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

For Zandvoort there was a significant amount of effort from Kunos to polish it up, would imagine it'd be the same for any future tracks made this way

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The thing is that they can have the cars handle however they want aswell but when driving something from Kunos I expect it to be as close as reality as possible in a video game. Same goes with tracks.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  14. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

The ficcional tracks of Gran Turismo are so good. I wish one day can drive on these circuits on Assetto Corsa, but I know, license problems real, it is not possible, which is a real shame.

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Well, there is a Trial Mountain version but the author is not going to finish/polish it. Still you can get a taste of how awesome it would be, already.
    The author gave away the files to everyone for free use so if some modder wants to pick it up...

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...mo-series-fictional-track-v-0-2-release.4955/

16. f.gek

f.gek Hardcore Simmer

You're sure about that?

Minolin and Andy-R like this.
  17. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

That's what Aris told me at least :)

18. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Well I've not used AC for long at all but my initial impression of the tracks are they are inconsistent in quality & lack variety in style. Black Cat is not great imo to the point i wonder about quality control on the track side of things. It doesn't' feel immersive & more like ridge racer. Zandvoort is just ok for me but only because i'm just not in love with the track, the quality is there and not an issue for me if not scanned. Fantasy, you can have good fantasy tracks imo but its not easy & should reference real life. like Bannochbrae never feels like fantasy, could very much be a road around a loch. But contradicting that Blackwood remastered is a really good mod imo, even though its fantasy & somewhat bizarre its done to a high standard & if there was a circuit amongst those buildings irl it would very much feel like blackwood.

Salad Fingers and Omelete like this.
  19. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Have you seen the screenshot with the wavy lines and wavy starting grids?

20. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

we don't know how it looked before :D:D