1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you like more Mod Tracks in AC, similar to Zandvoort? [Strawpoll]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, May 24, 2016.

1. Warrior4Jah

Warrior4Jah Gamer

If Zandvoort was never to be added if they had strictly kept to LS only, would that be good? Answers would vary. I can't however imagine Kunos planning a LS Zandvoort and then just not bother, because they can make a non laserscanned version more easy (I doubt its easier though; probably might be cheaper only). Reality is that Zandvoort would probably never be added otherwise. Strictly speaking for myself; I like Zandvoort alot and couldn't tell the difference anyway if its laserscanned or not. I also like Monza 1966; what a great and terrifying track! I would have believed it if it was laserscanned; but that seems pretty impossible doesn't it? :).

Also Kunos can't make everyone happy. Even if they would release laserscanned and non laserscanned tracks ocassionally, there would be some who believe that the effort put in the non laserscanned version would detract from the laserscanned tracks or AC in general. I believe there was also some discussion about black cat regarding this. This would not be fixed by a "laserscan: yes/no" tag in AC. And yes, you could strictly speaking state that all the tracks provided with the vanilla AC are laserscanned, but that does not account for expectations eople have.

- So marketingwise (without changes in that department); no. Don't add non-laserscanned tracks and mods converted to official.
    - Personally; I would say yes. If they are at Zandvoort level and would not have been scanned otherwise, please add them.

2. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Well, not quite actually. Because this is still on their Legendary Circuits page: "Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with officially licensed tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments."

That has been there for a long time, so they are using the Laser Scan phrase as a marketing tool, one might say.

I will forgive them for not owning up to that statement, but others might not. :)

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The statement doesn't say "all tracks laser scanned" so I don't see how it's inaccurate.

Iirc it was non scanned Zandvoort or no Zandvoort, for whatever reason a scanned version was never a possibility.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

But this kinda do:
    "and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments." Or is it possible to get the same accuracy without LS? It doesnt say that all tracks are that level of accuracy though. But if I didnt know and checked out the game I would take it as all tracks are made with laserscanned data.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well .. if you are selling aluminium components, you advertise that your company is selling machine cut aluminium components with most accurate machinery and than you start selling plastic components .. it is kind of misleading statement :)
    But if I need certain component that will never be produced in aluminium, I`ll take that plastic one as I know it has good build quality as I need that component :)

Whitestar likes this.
  6. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I appreciate your point of view buuut if I were to chose between having the option of having a high quality mod track widely used in MP because it's made official with Kunos touch up OR having very good tracks only used in SP or with friends, I would chose the former option, provided Kunos still supplies paid for laserscanned tracks as DLC as well.

7. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Yeah, it's more like "we are selling aluminium components, but we will give you FOR FREE plastic replacement which is near that good and durable as aluminium one".

f.gek likes this.
  8. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Well put! :)
    I play mod tracks quite frequently. Some of them, like Paul Ricard and Bridgehampton for example, feel close to Kunos quality already. So being chosen would just bring them to an even higher quality level. And of course it would also mean that console users would get access to them, which is really important.

9. It's a yes from me. It's simple in my mind to just make the quality mod tracks out there optional downloads but official content (obviously meeting the Kunos standard)

Honestly I love this sim especially the quality Ls tracks. But no joke the most visceral exciting experience I have had with this sim so far was at Bridgehampton blasting a classic around with virtually no brakes.
    So perhaps this is the way to go initially with classic tracks or obscure circuits unlikely to ever get the Ls treatment

Yes Kunos is a small developer (small team) but publish some proper track making guidelines and all of a sudden you have a Hugh development team were you can pick and choose the cream of the crop and even advise or just encourage the crazy amount of time these people spend creating these mod tracks

For me the greatest gift this sim and Kunos have is this community and the amazing creativity demonstrated, why would you not encourage that..

chalminho and Fat-Alfie like this.