1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in s01e08 - spin baby

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Tires, engines, race tracks... and spectators :rolleyes: yep those are the 4 key items of a racing sim. Which is how you can tell there are no racing sims yet, because all these 'simcades' fail to manage a 4/4. Last time I tried it, rf2 had tires but no engines, GSCE has engines but no tracks, and iRacing has spectators but none of the other 3! Frankly it's amazing AC even managed to get 2 of them done.

2. magzire

magzire Alien

Spectators? I don't think you understand this one

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  3. @magzire

Pit limiter
    Would be nice immersion factor but not very high priority.

Pit strategy
    Crucial. Should be already implemented.

Ability to show different tires
    If I understood you correctly its already coming with the 1.2.

Stop n Go penalty

Would be nice to have.

Live timings

Not sure what you mean. RSR style or relative app? App is coming and leaderboards already working great even with the 3rd party app.

False start

Huge immersion breaker at the moment.

Safety car

I always got head aches with safety cars in ISI titles because they never work correctly. Don't want to see in AC.

Formation lap

Would be nice to have but not deal breaker for me.

Rolling start

Would be nice to have even I personally don't understand rolling starts used in real life racing either.

Spectator

Yep. Would be very useful for leagues. Hopefully coming soon.

Share setups

This one I don't understand. Setups from other drivers never work. Better learn to make good ones yourself. Its not that hard.

In this list there are only couple of things that I think should've been implemented already. Otherwise I think they are quite clever about what to do now and which one later.

4. So being able to change tires, decide what compound to change to, fix damage, and add fuel when pitting isn't pit strategy? What am I missing?

5. You misunderstood for purpose, don't you? Everybody who's driven longer MP races in AC knows why this is important.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  6. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I think they would like to be able to set these parameters while on track, before entering the pitlane.

magzire likes this.
  7. So pushing buttons while racing on track at speed is somehow more realistic than doing it while sitting still in the pits? I don't get the logic.

8. Might as well go off topic since this is turning into yet another wishlist thread anyways....

Just curious; how many of you super serious hardcore sim-racer types have completely unrealistic and totally immersion breaking apps on your screen while racing? And what all apps do you guys use?

Glaurung and Jebus like this.
  9. magzire

magzire Alien

Your wasting a lot of time clicking the settings before they even start working on the car. Does it not make sense for you to select the pit settings on track before pitting like IRL?

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  10. magzire

magzire Alien

Never hear of a button box. Did you just come straight from Mario cart? Plus have you seen racing wheels lately? Pressing buttons on wheels while racing is normal.

11. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

I don't understand why do people keep discussing the same things over and over again in different threads. Why not enjoy what we already have currently in the game even though it might not have x,y,z feature which you think is important. Its not like we are paying monthly subscription charges to Kunos that we can demand continuous updates. And certainly Kunos hasn't stopped developing this game and actually have plans till next year at least, so why can't we all wait for Kunos to deliver the extra stuff which we think is necessary. Making the same arguments again and again won't make the things suddenly appear overnight. Try and enjoy what you have currently.

Trezoitao38, ekosan, gandlers and 2 others like this.
  12. I still fail to see how pushing buttons on a button box while you are supposed to be concentrating on actually driving is more immersive or real than doing the same thing while sitting in the pits. (and what does it matter how long you have to sit in the pits as long as the same rules apply to everybody?)
    And I had no idea that the guy behind the wheel was the guy that decided what compound of tire and how much fuel and how much damage should be repaired on a stop; I though a crew chief or some other member of the team decided that IRL.

I could understand if you want to choose your pit options without using a mouse; but just because other games have you choose your options while on track racing doesn't make it any more realistic IMO.

Sorry, but I find it funny that even though Kunos continues to work on making the physics as realistic as possible (see the gyro effect that is being worked on as an example) the hardcore crowd are upset that they have to manually flash their headlights.

henpia6, ekosan, liakjim and 5 others like this.
  13. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Completely lost me!

If you're saying what I think you're saying then its a subjective analysis based on personal conclusions.

14. magzire

magzire Alien

The timing system at the moment is static and only update at the end of each lap

15. magzire

magzire Alien

You think real drivers don't configure dials and buttons while racing???

Daerek Speare has produced and sold many button boxes, obviously there is some importance for them. Every professional rig has one.

Also if I am able to type in chat while racing I'd think a professional will have time to configure on the fly lol, not rocket science.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  16. New one already coming today with the 1.2.

ChrisR and snyperal like this.
  17. So wait, you say that Kunos needs to give you all these things that you consider 'must haves' for 'muh immersion' but then you are type chatting while racing? What real life driver or series allows that? And as long as we are talking about 'muh immersion' am I to believe that when you race you have two or three heaters blowing on you while wearing a full firesuit, helmet and gloves?

18. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I race in muh carpet slippers with a cup of tea and an occasional nagging from "er indoors" it's very immersion breaking and I've told her numerous times about the pit radio but she refuses to use it.

19. I think also, as my point of view, that are essential feature for a racing game. Then if you want to make it more hardcore, you have be to able to disable it. ;)

20. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

You can use my app for real time tracking ala iracing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk