1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02e04 - let's race

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Sep 5, 2015.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

In many cases the AI archives to overtake/lap slower cars, but in many not (tight and fast tracks like the NS are problematic, sometimes they still get stuck, somehow if they are to close to the other cars while both keep driving on the fastlane, currently they sometimes leave the track, crashes included). Still finetuning could make it possible that its the usual case and then multiclass would be possible, I assume, by just maybe making slower cars leave the fastlane to let the car pass.
    In singleclassracing during overlap-situations this should happen, too, so the leader didn't get stuck (and you can easily overtake him) that would be something I would expect from a good AI in general while multiclass being a additional feature.

Oh my, I start prayin.

But this 99% this, 99% that...Do 99% of the purchasers actually play the game at all? Or at least for more then a few hours? Not question what hes sayin, but I sometimes wonder if 90% expect another NFS or GT-like game.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Please can you point out where to find this info?

3. He said that tire model 5 has five new parameters that replace 4 old parameters. Speculate away.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  4. Tyre Model 5 has probably been designed to annoy Jaye all over again :D

F430_458_F12 and Jaye like this.
  5. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Well saying 90% - 99% is not meant to take as a representative number, I think he wanted to say "Thers (probably) a lots of..." ;)

Episode 3 and 4.
    Its not a new Tiremodel, its the current one but tweaked on some parts. Like:
    - optionally generating tire values based on some initial parameters. (for making better mod tires, its only interesting for moders) See Ep03 for details
    - load sensitivity (see Ep03 and 04)
    - Tiretemp and grip interaction (see Ep04)

Aye, I have left this out. But yes, in fact one additional param. What exactly? don't know.

liakjim likes this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

Sure. But how many didn't hit the online-racing button allready irratetated me. At least considering the behavior of the AI, especially before 1.3.
    While...Im more of a casual gamer, too, and the reasons why actually I started to work on setups was mostly cause of boredom and frustration with specific cars. :D

I sometimes would like to know if the numbers of what people do/want are based on the beginning or before they even purchased the game or if they are based on people who play it for a long time. The former may purchase it but a huge bunch of them seems to abandon it soon, anyway.
    That people want especially more cars was confusing for me too, cause I allready got enough, the problem is rather that the atmosphere and additional features that expand the actual driving aren't there to further motivate me sometimes to play longer. Sims got the depth regarding physics that make it timeintensive to really explore them, in my opinion at least.

Wie auch immer dankeschön für die tolle Zusammenfassung, ist auch für Gelegenheitsspieler interessant. :) [However, thanks for the great summary, its interesting even for casualgamers].

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  7. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Thats exactly the point. the casual gamer is not a racing engineer, or real racing enthusiast, or has whatever background to feel confortable with car (especially) racing setups. A lot of "players" are more playing with the numbers then knowing what they do exactly. The fact that there are so many different cars and different tracks that can be combined also has to be taken into account when choosing a current setup for a car+track combi, all this make the things even more difficult.

Its simply a huge materia with a great amount of complicated physics (kinematics) behind the curtains and even speciallist cant agree on this or that. Thats why it makes it complicated, but also interesting in real. You can read and spend 10 years or more on that topic, but still a lot of it is the result of try and error in practice.

But knowing what youre doing in theory still helps a lot or is even mendatory.

I think a lot of ppl. just underestimate the materia. Knowing how to drive does not mean to be a top engineer or mechanic in the same time.

Thats part of racing and always was (no matter if sim or real). You can be the best driver around, but without a good setup or mechnic/engineer that it does for you... well, you have fckd up when you want to take out the last percentages ;)

So yes I share his view on this.

PS: Kein problem hab ich gerne gemacht ;)
    [No problem, youre welcome]

8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

he answered 2 of my questions--------:)

9. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

where does he talk about Tiretemp and grip interaction?

geg likes this.
  10. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Around 20:xx

You're sliced bread user right? ;)

11. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

i hadn't tried ac for the last 2-3 months, and just started to play it recently. I was positively surprised with how lotus f1 and formula abarth cars act. I really liked it and was thinking about creating a thread to appreciate the devs' work and ask what has been done to produce such results. I felt that those cars were lightyears away from their boring, stuck to the ground feeling.

now it says here new tyre model, especially changes on high DF cars. hit the nail on the head. I hope not to be disappointed after this cause I really like the current model.

12. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Hope so too, but I think it's going the right way. It's more a finetuning of the current and not a entire new model. "NEW" has somehow become baked, because Stefano is calling it this way sometimes in his streams.

eXo, ears1991 and Mogster like this.
  13. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

I laughed hard at this :D

Nick Moxley likes this.
  14. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

Great job Nonnex! That is a lot of typing and effort.

Thank you for your hard work:):):)

P Gora, LeDude83, ekosan and 2 others like this.
  15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Is the new tyre model incorporating the load sensitivity changes too?

16. nonnex

nonnex Alien

He hasn't mentioned "Load Sensitivity" directly, only stated enhancements for high load or high aero forced cars.
    Since he has talked about Load Sensitivity in EP03 and took part in a forum discussion about this, so it could be concluded he was addressing load sensitivity here too.
    I love speculations! ;)

17. Jack Thammarat :)

You're right about AS, should start small and move up from there.. after all 99% (pun intended) of the code for it is already written (the "dynamic controller" for wings and the GTR drivetrain) and easy to apply to suspensions and have the system hit a "target height". "target height" could also be the exposed setup parameter for the user.. pretty simple to understand and operate... I'll play with it today.

18. esox71

esox71 Alien

Boy got skills :)

19. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

Wow! what an amazing musician. He really has "it" :):):)

20. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

That so Reminds me of Joe Satriani very good!