1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02e04 - let's race

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Sep 5, 2015.

1. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

The style is a bit too much "80s power ballad" to my liking, but skillful playing all the same.

2. Well it's a cover of a song from 1994 by a guitarist (Andy Timmons) that used to be in the latest big hair rock band right before it went out of fashion (Danger Danger), so your vibes are sort of correct. In general south east Asia countries have a thing for '80 early '90 music and power ballads in particular.

3. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I know. :) There's a certain style of corporate hotel bar bands, many Philipino, that do pitch perfect/slightly sweetened 80s/90s covers all over SE Asia. Due to the jetlag from Cali, I tend to spend a lot of time in such places after midnight, and I really love that mixture of alienation, lack of sleep, drunkenness, conversation with strangers and the ability to smoke and drink at the same time.... :D The songs being 20 yrs old only helps with the out-of-time feeling.

Slavc likes this.
  4. norbs

norbs Alien

next stream, you should pretend you are grabbing your wheel to show us something, but grab a guitar and smash out a ripping solo. Even better, wear a 80s style wig to complete the look.

You know this makes sense @Lord Kunos

On a more serious note, thanks for these streams, they are excellent.

5. And what kind of cars use AS ? Other than some f1,

Sent using Tapatalk

6. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

road cars.

there has been many road cars with active suspension going back to 1990's

think the new mereceds s class has something called magic ride control scans road ahead and then preloads shocks to lean car several degrees before turn.

porsche gt3 rs etc...

7. Berry

Berry Alien

Even some of the more basic cars have adjustable suspension settings, sure, they're not "truly" active, but adjusting the stifness and the damping of the suspension is still a big thing, starting from hot hatches as the Golf GTI/R, Megane RS and so on, going to sportscars and supercars, the hypercars also benefit from active suspension, at least the P1 does in a big way, would be nice to get street mode in the P1 through this active suspension thingy :).

8. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Thanks GGnonnex. Don't have to watch the whole thing now.

nonnex likes this.
  9. nonnex

nonnex Alien

F1 don't use it at all. ;)
    FIA has banned AS in 1993 for F1, you can't find it on modern F1 cars (as far as I know).
    The engineers has used a loophole then and made the Suspension "Reactive", but was banned also recently. Reason: For driver safety, because AS allows very high corner speeds.
    But AS is common in the most other racing series where it is allowed.

Of course AS is a broad field and is used different not only for keeping RideHeight, but this case (keeping) can be found most I think.

In general there can be found in every consumer car categories too.
    Here some Samples:

Audi R8 (magnetic)
    Audi RS7 (hydraulic)
    Ford Mustang GT350 (Magnetic)
    Some Military Tanks (hydraulic) (better AIM while drive n' shoot, haha)
    Maserati Gran Turismo (2007)
    Maserati Alfieri (2016)
    and much much more

Here for the sliced bread Users just a (ofc not complete) small list of additional cars:
    http://wikicars.org/en/Active_suspension

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Timmons is beast, better than Satz for my taste, and sadly nobody knowns him, unless you play guitar.

Good to see Stefano enjoys guitarplaying as well

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Not a solo, just a little riff.
    And it's hq-recorded and will be inserted in the new loading screen.

You know this makes sense @Lord Kunos

12. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Just watching the stream :)
    Hey Stefano, there is a bug in the game for a couple of versions now which you encounter around minute 23! Its the thing were you have to press all the pedals full when starting(at every game start!) so the pedals are calibrated. You can even see it with the gas paddle in the stream (the red little thing in the peddles app) That's even the case with the brake paddle ^^
    (its not a matter of plugging in our out something, and not just for me either)

13. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Oh, just saw my unintended bad... ups
    Sorry Jack for my wrong and somehow unfavourable name spelling.
    It should say "Jack Thammarat"

14. Hi drivers, anybody can post actual list for 1.3 changelog? Sometimes is visible during yt streams..

15. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Current chlog was not shown (intentionally?) this time.

16. I know it but someone can post here most updated one please? ;)

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Not what I experience. In my system I have to re calibrated pedals only if they are disconnected from pc or if I restart pc.

18. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Yeah old story, lot of ppl reported that this happens sometimes. For some more, for other less.
    Pressing all pedals and turning the wheel completely to left and right helps to recalibrate.

For example: On my Win8.1+G27 (with latest logi drivers and so on) the decalibration phenomenon had happen only once since I play AC.
    Usually the Wheel and Pedals do calibrate automatically (Servos do origin search) when replug or reboot. Starting AC after, no problems.

19. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Stefano, more precise brake bais setting in setup please.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Wheel yes, but not the pedals. No motor in there;)