1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02eo2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Aug 25, 2015.

1. It was already stated in Sunday's stream that 64 bit will be in 1.3

2. Thank you Lord Kunos!

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Noticed the lack of rant threads here lately, guess these streams and the many good news for the future put the kids to bed.

Good job S!

Horst1, Mogster, LeDude83 and 4 others like this.
  4. I'm surprised there isn't more ado about the high load tire linearity inaccuracy thingy being fixed.

Kristaps likes this.
  5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

You can bet that, like the SAT fix, there'll be a 20 page thread complaining that high DF cars have no grip now and please change it back to 1.2. And the people who say it's wrong will just keep copy-pasting pre-1.3 threads...

6. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Could you explain what load tire linearity is, and what this fix effects? I'm unfamiliar with this... S:

7. High downforce cars currently go a handful of mph too fast through high speed corners; apparently the high load sensitivity part of the tire model has something to do with this and has been fixed in 1.3.

AurusCE, Kristaps and speedbee like this.
  8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Another question, any idea what speeds we're talking about then? 220/230+ kph? (135/140mph)
    I would understand that corners like Eau Rouge & Blanchimont would be "harder" to take then for GT3 cars but wouldn't this also make it somewhat easier at the same time due to the car being less likely to just spin out at these high loads?

9. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Then they will have to give cars some believable aerodynamics :rolleyes:

Nick Moxley and burrito like this.
  10. Well, first we have to see how "fixed" it is :)

Anyway it's not just a problem for high downforce cars... if done well, it should affect to every car in the game. In high downforce cars is just more obvious because we can take very fast corners easily when we shouldn't.

11. Yeah, even street cars it shows... Especially noticeable on the Nords since there's a lot of examples there.

Kristaps likes this.
  12. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

You guys know upgrading realistic tire sensitivity would push AC physics out of reach for anything on market. :)

13. I was told in a PM that the issue was much more related to aero than to tires.

14. It's very disingenuous to come up with theories about "bugs" or stuff that should be "fixed" without supporting it with proper data. That's how you end up wasting time for nothing. I really dislike this attitude to individually promote stuff to the status of bugs because 1-2 people come up with conspiracy theories over a forum.

Just to reiterate.. there is no "bug" and there is absolutely nothing to "fix" in load sensitivity... there might be investigations on some behaviors that are not 100% convincing but that's all there is to it.

15. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Hi there, just my 2 eurocents so feel free to bash me when you want lol, but I found the car info in the load screen a little...ahem...(taking safe cover) ugly!!!

As someone suggested (@Jacorius ):
    "When he talks how to inform drivers if the car has a turbo or drs (...) would be very useful to have a summary of your car specifications during race (type of car, wheight, horsepower, etc..) (...) in the setup menu. Sometime we don't remember if it's a step1 or step 2, things like that. In this summary we could also see if the car has a turbo or drs"

I know I am the last one you would hear in your devs life but I think this is a very good idea and I hope you will chose for the setup page (as you said in the video is still working in progress and still deciding where put it).

Also under the ffb slider in the "generic" settings tab would be great have sliders for TC, ABS and Turbo. This would help a lot the ones couldn't reach keyboard easily or the ones with controllers (especially the ps/xbox guys in the near future).

PS: @Lord Kunos when bashing me don't hit me on the face I work with it lol :D :p

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  16. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

That, with the 64 bit, should allow for much larger fields (and replay save of long races)

17. Sean

Sean Simracer

Interesting vid as always.

Great to hear Stefano would like to change the whole race end situation, I agree with his vision, it is how most other sims do it.

Re, Ping blocker: I don't think it would hurt players. If they have a high ping then they shouldn't join (currently some players do and don't care, even if they are at 300ms+). Servers who set it too low (like <100ms blocked) would just get a bad name and no racers. Most servers will set it to 250ms (that is what I had guessed we would use on our server). Your solution to use a minimum setting sounds great, I hope you can implement it!

18. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

But that's not the problem, though. It is fluctuating, unstable ping. I league race from Cali on servers in the UK and France, and on saturdays that can sometimes get in the 250-300ms range (on quieter times, more like 200), and it is rarely a problem as long as it doesn't move around a lot.

(In fact, it's really 180 ms or so, but VPN adds about 20-30ms, but makes the connection much more stable)

It would be better if a ping blocker would work on whether there is variation in the range of ping, even by percentage. A racer on 60 ms ping that bounces around up to 100-120 ms is much worse than a racer on 200 ms that bounces around up to 220-230ms

19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

How do other sims cope with bad connections? I'm really not all that keen on turning cars into ghosts when they lag out, it's quite an immersion killer, I'd rather there be a better solution in terms of the net code in general.

I played GTR2 for years and never saw any of the lag warping that I see in AC, so the GTR2 solution was for this was...?

20. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Agree, and many of the 'around-bouncers' are either in a country with notorious bad internet or on wifi. So probably a 50% increase in stable connections by just going cable.

ChokDK and Hagen like this.