1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Here is my little write up I did with the info from Marco. Sorry if I heard anything wrong or took anything out of context.

- There will be 3 Porsche packs for a total of 24 cars. Porsche actually reached out to Kunos, not the other way around. These cars are the absolute top priority. Apart from the console pack (which will cost a few dollars), the Porsches will all be out before they move onto others. The new R8 GT, M6 GT3, and TS040 are ones mentioned as early 2017.

- They will probably offer a "season pass" for the Porsches since it's a lot of cars and it can shave off a few dollars for people. Apparently Steam has some say in the way of season passes. 3 Porsches out of the 24 will be free.

- The Porsche 919 will come in both the 2015 and 2016 versions

- Classic Silverstone will finally be coming sometime before the end of the year.

- A new modern track license is close, and it was one of the very popular ones on the user poll on the AC forums from a few days ago and had around 50% of the vote. However, it's not LeMans or Suzuka. My best guess is Laguna Seca since it was highest on the poll and Kunos mentioned they wanted to do an American track. If it's not Laguna, Bathurst was next most popular.

- AC originally had a budget of 70k euros, now around 3 million.

- Maserati also approached Kunos but they had to originally turn them down as they didn't have any time to make their cars at that point.

- Maserati MC12 GT1 is in development (would be the first GT1 car)

- They recently turned another major unnamed manufacturer down for the moment.

- They've had contact with Koenigsegg, but it's gone quiet. This happened 3 times with Alfa, so it could still happen in the future.

- Bugatti very unlikely in AC 1

- Japanese manufacturers are hard to work with

- Could not come to an agreement with Aston Martin

- Probably no Bentley

- Suzuka license far too expensive. Kunos doesn't want to go the cheap way and make a similar fictional track. It's Marco's unicorn track after getting the Nordschleife license.

- Another fictional track like Black Cat County is likely. Possible locations are Tuscany or Scotland. Porsche and Maserati really wanted an open road circuit and that's one of the main reasons for these tracks.

- No Nascar or Indy Car.

- They do have the laser scan for historic Spa, but they aren't sure if the time it will take to properly make the track will be worth it for most players. Roughly 6 months of development time estimated.

Marco dislikes the Ferrari Enzo, so he hasn't really considered it. He has a bet with Stefano that the next Ferrari will be a 250 GTO if they do any more Ferraris.

AurusCE, Lawndart, arthur666 and 10 others like this.
  2. Sean

Sean Simracer

Really great live stream and info. Great to hear from Marco...and about possible ( ;) ) future content/plans!

Thanks!

3. Xamantu

Xamantu Rookie

Nooooo!!! What about those old teasers? :(

4. Old teasers???

5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

If that teaser was the model of the Ferrari engine, it's probably for the MC12.

6. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

This teaser.

[​IMG]

arthur666 likes this.
  7. pablex13

pablex13 Racer

anybody knows what keys stefano uses to enable AI driver on his car?

8. pablex13

pablex13 Racer

Also Stefano said that it was possible to add AI to single player practice mode, but that the option is not in the launcher (maybe it can be added to custom launchers like CM), but that he wouldnt know why this would be needed..
    i think it would be awesome to have this as a 'track day' mode specially for simulating nordschleife tourist on a regular tuesday :)

arthur666, dermonty and NightEye like this.
  9. Ctrl+C to enable AI driver.

Setting up a trackday on any track other than Tourist Nords is as simple as setting up a long practice session under the race weekend tab.

arthur666, AlleyViper and pablex13 like this.
  10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Makes sense. Most prospective buyers are most likely to drive on a public road, and the manufacturers want AC to showcase their cars in that environment.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. pablex13

pablex13 Racer

thanks
    ...obviously, which is what i do now. I was just answering to his question on why would this option (visibility in launcher) be used (its already coded no extra work).
    to me nords is 70% of my single player time and in CM launcher i can have personalized preset car lists for the ai to use <- this + 'track day' practice mode check box is a great feature.. for me at least :)
    i already requested if it can be added to CM u.u

12. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Excellent stream thanks to marco for taking time to join the stream and for all the licensing info and dates he divulged . He coped really well with the barraging of questions he got asked

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

James Glickenhaus' Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina is also a car based on the Enzo that might get implemented in AC sooner or later.

14. I asked about that very car a few weeks ago and was told that there are no plans to bring it to AC. (I thought that it had been confirmed a couple years ago, but no)

15. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Or the road version of P4/5

AlleyViper likes this.
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Most of your writeup was on my writeup, on page 5 :D But these were new additions/details, thanks
    I also suspect it's Laguna Seca they pretty much gave it away. Or Bathurst (unlikely), both would be interesting

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm excited for the performance improvements! In Benchmark mode I can easily set my rig to achieve 100% GPU while CPU stays at 70%. In MP it will usually stay below 40%. So having CPU help GPU render more frames is exactly what I could use.

TERRA21 likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Ah. Oh well. IMHO the P4/5C and MC12 GT1 are better choices to have instead but it'd have been nice to see that unique car in AC.

The McLaren F1 GTR is the first car in AC that raced in GT/GT1/GTS class. The next one before the MC12 GT1 will likely be the Porsche 911 GT1, maybe some 911 GT2.

edit: typo

AlleyViper likes this.
  19. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Programming is mostly long and hard work to make everything run as it should, not a bunch of secret magic hacks that you can steal by looking at some code fragment during live stream.
    Anyway, Stefano problably won't be showing the exact tyre model algorithm used by AC ;)

That was about the guys being invited to Porsche museum during it's off hours, and having been able to sit, photograph and measure many unique historic cars, including those driven by McQueen. So with 24 cars coming in the DLC, probably at least one of them could be associated with him.

Seria17hri11er and kazereal like this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

He drives a 917 and a 1970 911S in the Le Mans film iirc. Both cars still exist and are worth insane amounts of money now because of the association.

McQueen personally owned and raced a 908, it had cameras bolted to the outside of it and entered Le Mans to record footage for the film.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    kazereal likes this.