1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just asking. And just to rule out the game has replaced corrupted files after a steam integrity check yesterday :)

2. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Please revert back the change you've made when joining a race in progress. You used to be able to enter the setup menu, this option now seems to be removed.

Don't know who to tag for issues like these, so I'll just tag @Minolin

Coanda and Shooter80 like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It had to be released the day I went away.. killer change log guys. That should hopefully silence a few of the people barking around here :cool:

Loeki, Chriss, Son and 3 others like this.
  4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Just wanted to add to the general appreciation of this update. The difference in the tire model is instantly noticeable in a big, and positive, way. Great stuff.

I also agree with comments about the chat box though. It obscures a very large portion of the screen and is a distraction when driving. Perhaps if only one message at a time popped up in one corner rather than the entire history when you're out of the pits?

That niggle aside, fantastic update. And thanks so much for head tracking!!!

ryszard.zukowski likes this.
  5. GT Sim Racing

GT Sim Racing Rookie

This update has been a huge CPU performance boost for me, before I could only run about 12 to 16 cars on the High Preset with my I5 6600K overclocked to 4.6 but now I can run a full grind no problem at 1080p 60fps. Also the handling of the cars feel a lot better.

Keep up the good work!

6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Any idea how it works using (full) motion?
    If the curbs are now smoother, will the motion be less too?
    Hope not, I really liked being kicked in the backside going over sausage curbs.

Will try it later.

7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Can't speak for motion rigs, but the curb feedback through my wheel feels generally as pronounced, though a smoother transition as the wheels move up the curb (less on/off if that makes sense). I do think that going over sausages gives much less of a kick though.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yeah, positive feels here also. Good job Kunos.

In past i haven't had too much troubles with kerbs, so for me in this side i'm a little more enthusiastic but anyway i can feel the differences when i abuse of them. I've tried Brands hatch and mostly Hungaroring and here the differences hare big.
    Ride the chicane or ride the letf-right-left-right section over the kerbs now is way more simply and believable to me.

But the big change to me is TC.
    At brands hatch, in the Lambo with TC=3 now i can make progressive drift during exit-turn in some sections. Of course nothing is for free, you always must keep attention to the slide 'cause at certain point the tire regain grip and gives you a slap in the rear. This is amazing to feel, really, and gives to you the feel that you are pushing so hard.

For sure a nice and big step forward.
    Thanks

ryszard.zukowski and ignission like this.
  9. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

That changelog is a heftyboi. :D

My F5 key is destroyed now. ****.

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a quickly growing thread without a bunch of complaints in it. Awesome stuff, can’t wait to drive it.

I spend a fair amount of time on these forums and so many things in this change log are things that I’ve seen people asking about here over the last few months, it’s very cool to see

11. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

I think they feel the same on the motion... Infact I use the curbs more now to open up the corners ... So in a roundabout way, my balls are getting rattled more! :D

Thug likes this.
  12. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

Just to add to my other comments... The TC is sooo much better. I feel you can set the TC to suit the conditions/tyres which helps rotate the car in corners with good throttle control.

13. hellissahia

hellissahia Rookie

The functionality for tyres is nice and the fisrt profile for track IR is a positve add-on. Thanks for your jobs Kunos;)

14. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

You can finally attack those curbs. I mean ATTACK! Driving through Les Combes is a real pleasure now. Before I was always afraid of losing the car with taking too much of the inside curbs. No problem now! Also liking the huge rest of the update. Kunos delivers as always. Great job guys! :)

15. When I entered a race already started, there is no option to change to the setup of the car.

16. Is only me or somebody else dont get the update? What I have to do for steam update the game?

17. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Read opening page. There it is explained.

quicomc likes this.
  18. esox71

esox71 Alien

I don't get it either?:p

19. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

@Minolin @pankykapus

This patch is really a brillant work. :)

But, because there is always a but :D:

1° - One thing a little boring not fixed yet:

In some cars, the virtual mirror is behind a "part of the roof" (see screenshot)

2° - Widgets and chat windows:

I think what it would be good to have is (in order of priority):

- an option to disabled the chat window (with a keyboard shortcut "on/off" because the admins need it)
    - options to move and adjust the chat window (size, text size, number of messages, fade in/out ...)
    - possibility to move the widgets individually
    - possibility to resize the widgets individually

Thank you to the entire Kunos team for their work!
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Chriss, Vel and eracerhead like this.
  20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer