1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Regarding the next update (possibly 0.23)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wedge_one, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Not everyone shares that opinion. Some devs actually care about their community. Here's an example of how Paradox does it.

Hello guys and gals! Most of the HOI4 team is currently on a much needed summer vacation, but we figured we couldn't just leave you hanging without a diary this month, so let's get to it *puts down beer* *cracks knuckles*.

That's from latest dev diary for HOI4. And btw, that's not some PR person writing those diaries, but actual project lead. Yes, Kunos is entirely in their right to tell the comminity to f off, and be grateful for the updates when they release them, but somehow i don't think that will do them much good.

2. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

Lol... There should be enough time to post us some news. Preparing RC 1.0 should not stop them communicating with us.
    Have you ever heard about developer diaries? I wish they would act like 1C Studios does in early access BoS project...

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Maybe we should go back to the pitstop discussion, I like that more than questioning what Kunos should release to Early Access purchasers.
    The only thing you should expect from Early Access is what it says - access to the game. You have that. It's not "pay to beta test", "pay to request features", whatever. It's paying to play the game while it's incomplete.

Anyway I'd speculate that damage won't add much filesize - it's already got the graphical data, it's just disabled by not including it in the car data folder. The 3GB is probably skins for new cars mostly (as well as the alternate tracks). We are getting a couple new race cars after all, their skins are pretty big files.

4. spidiG

spidiG Racer

@Brik..
    Then take one for the team and chill....

5. Yeah, I think they're just sick of telling us anything because whatever news they have for us, people will be unhappy anyway, so why bother?

If it's the 1.0 RC then it's gotta be the few cars that'll be in released, and Spa/Trento, plus some of the new graphics updates and FMOD. Hopefully they have the bugs ironed out soon so we get to drive it!

6. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

Done! I am chilling since last update..

7. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

8. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Here's an interesting article made by a leader of an independent studio that recently released a very well received (and good selling) game. You can draw many similarities with AC (self funding, early access, community input, delays, etc.).
    http://www.lar.net/2014/09/12/thoughts-after-releasing-divinityoriginal-sin-and-what-comes-next/

I especially like this paragraph:
    The guys at Kunos have shown many times that they listen to the community and they often go the extra mile to implement features or add content that wasn't planned orignally. But in the end, it's their game and their vision. They see the numbers, sales, costs, usage statistics, development issues that we have no idea about.
    You may not like it, but the more aggressively you complain on the forums and act like they owe you something, the bigger change that your posts will simply be ignored.

To end on a more optimistic note, I think this picture from Marco's stream wasn't posted here :)
    10688277_10202838685882162_6676480404100037327_o (1).jpg

9. GothaR

GothaR Racer

Not really, we need them and they need us, but it is customer-seller relationship. Kunos doesn't have to listen to us, but they mostly do. I appreciate it a lot, but some people tend to forget how many features were added by forum request.
    We have paid for unfinished product and we have to accept, that providing updates is more difficult if you are getting closer to finalized product (perfection is in details). It's the same if you are making a statue, it's not a problem to make rough shape, most of the work is in the finishing phase.
    I would love to see some development blog with weekly progress, BUT many people take such messages as official statemets and tend to get angry if update isn't released on time. However this is how software development works - you have some plan and sometimes you struggle and have to choose between releasing broken product or postponing. And it is always better to postpone it, because if your update make the game worse/unplayable, people will hate you more than if you just postpone release of new features.
    PS: better no update than broken update :)

10. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

He's absolutely right: https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/511785405356982272

now chill out =]

oh wait, THE FLAGS

round 2, fight. and don't stop until we get another tweet from Stefano. lol

jk.

11. LOL. Although I wonder which feature he's talking about. Honestly, they can't please this forum, if he say something about pits, someone will say "What about NIGHT!", if he says night someone will say "What about RAIN?" If I were him I wouldn't say a thing on here either.

12. some1pl

some1pl Alien

You forgot about DK2 support :p

13. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

It's communication. All these problems annoyance and frustration can be solved in a 1 minute twitter feed or forum post. Some thing like this.
    'We realize lots of people are asking for flag rules and pit-stop in version one release of Assetto Corsa and we.....
    a. Are absolutely going to include them, or do or best to give you guys as many features as possible.
    b. We are not going to include them at this stage but absolutely will try to include them at a later stage.
    c. We don't feel these features are necessary in our simulation

Also....

The release date for the final version seems as though it will probably be in about...
    a.One week
    b.One month
    c. Tw0 or three months
    d. Longer

1 minute. Literally all it takes.

esox71, Maranello46 and wedge_one like this.
  14. I find it more and more unbearable to read game forums, it is ridicules how serious many gamers are about this nerdy hobby we have. Demanding and complaining all day long, completely forgetting that this is supposed to be fun and not the most important thing ever. Didnt some developers write an open letter to gaming community lately? I encurage Kunos to keep their distance, they would go mad otherwise. Even modders have to have a thick skin nowadays, there is so much negativity and smartasses all around gaming related communities everywhere, be it review sites, youtube videos or forums.
    If gaming is that important to you then go and play other games while waiting for patches, instead of wasting time whining that Kunos doesnt give you the attention you think you are supposed to have.

15. I agree with you that they should have this info on this official forum. Why should we need to dig and dig to find this?

That said they've answered your first question at some point in time, and by their record of how long things take I'm guessing we have the answer for #2 as well.

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

That's good for him, it doesn't mean every developer has to also have a 2nd job as a blogger telling the world the minute details of his day.

A company is under no obligation to give their customers a daily or weekly breakdown of their progress, Sony don't do it when they develop products. Some companies like to do that because they crave the constant attention and are afraid they'll disappear if people stop thinking about them for a week.

It's usually better for a company to say nothing during development, you only end up with people imaging an end product and not the actual product that their making. Kunos are making a game, not a blog, let them do their jobs.

17. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

I gotta disagree with you because PR is part of game development. Keeping in touch with your community. Because lack of communication and bad PR can drive the customers off your product and bring bad publicity and drive new customers away. While good communication can make the opposite.

Don't compare Sony with their 1B customers with Kunos, where their fan base is very small and can make PR somehow easier to do.

I created this topic on Sep 6th asking for info about the next patch. One dev answered and that was ok. The topic turned to speculations and a wishlist/hopes for the next patch. Which is ok. It's the community interacting. Building a hype for the game. And for the developers that's awesome because it shows how much we CARE for their product and how bad we want it to be good and reach our expectations, and they are working on it, to bring their best to us. But we also wanna hear something from them.

Look at what happened with the lack of comms from the Stomping Lands game devs.

And look at the Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam Community and how the interaction with the devs can help sell their game and make their customers happy.

nate and Luigi Gianni Vollaro like this.
  18. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

My $35 got me over 400+ hours of great driving, and like all I am looking forward to flags, pitstops and hopefully driver change, night/day and weather at some point in the coming years.

But I do not expect Kunos to also ease my mind, hold my hand and say it's going to be OK.

19. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Completely bonkers response by another fanboy.
    Basically what you are saying is 'Kunos owe you nothing they shouldn't have even spend one minute keeping their customers informed in even the most minor way'. Like a one minute post by an English speaking intern just give just a vague outline of progress and features, it's like asking for the moon, just shut-up? Holy cow, just bonkers.