1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Regarding the next update (possibly 0.23)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wedge_one, Sep 7, 2014.

1. what? I will tell you what an hardcore simracer wants:

-dynamic weather
    -live track
    -24h day/night
    -full prepped race cars (not every day slow and boring cars)
    -driver swaps
    -solid multiplayer
    -flags
    -pit stop
    -etc etc

AC at the moment has just a good feel of driving, and nothing more to attract hardcore simracers. There are a lot of other sims in the market that are a better place for simracing, and in the future all those sims will also improve (like AC); the sad thing is that the staff has showed a speed of development that is not faster than other developers, so AC will be always, IMO, the sim with less features compared with the others.

The "problem" IMO is that AC is in the middle between the hardcore sims (rf2, GSCE, iR) and the shining simcades (Pcars), AC is something like R3E, not too good for simracers, and not too good for casual gamers.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Dlc can be a poisoned chalice . For me i look at Borderlands 1&2 for an example of how it should be done right and wrong . First game at the time was an obsession for me , although far from perfection i could play it all day every day , just like i do with this game . DLC was content-rich and widely spaced in release . Second game stank before it was even out with pre-order bonus stuff from a certain online shop etc . Massive turn off and i'm not even buying the new one . Just see a cows tit / farmers hand and hear milk squirting into a metal bucket .

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Looking at the problems that KS had with sticking to the given dates I think it's better to not give any dates anymore. People are more angry when they won't make something in time than when they don't say when they will finish something.
    I hope you didn't thought we will be getting updates every 2 weeks for the next 5 years.
    That's how you would say about your product in public? Nice promotion...
    Of course they know about those problems, they are not blind. They even know about more problems than we do because they are creating it. But they don't need to post it on FB like "hey guys I just found a new bug".
    For me shocking is that people think they can demand whatever they want and KS has to deliver.
    Me neither, but AFAIK they are releasing cars (maybe not all of them) in unfinished state and then keep patching them.
    So I rather wait more time and get a finished car.
    Also SMS has over 100 people, KS has 15.
    PS: I´m not against Cars, because I'm really curious how it will be.

inb4acfanboy.

Sebastian Wolff likes this.
  4. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

Agree!!

Now Assetto is undefined, depending on their futures updates it will be in one group or other, but If they don´t take the correct path and try to face the hardcore sims (LFS, Rfactor, GSC & Iracing) is going to be crushed by PCARS. :(

It had to be needed tons of messages in order to cosider to add flags and pits, so I don´t know...

Nuk3m likes this.
  5. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

They don´t have to announce their bugs, but at least say they are working on it. Same problem with the kurbs since the very beginning, and still be there. In the forum you could find some bugs related without any devs answer. I know they have been working very hard, but sometimes with just a message a lot of doubts would disappear.

People demand everything they want, for me a lot of tracks and cars demanded are not worthy but I understand everybody has different needs. And I also understand the Devs are totally free to accomplish our needs or not, as well as the customer are totally free to move to other sims just a in eye blink (very competitive and hard industry).

But if you are doing a simulator (with Rfactor, GSC, Iracing in the market), maybe do it till the end, because PCARS is there.

Assetto doesn´t have any vision or mission, and maybe here a lot of doubts and misleads show up among the community. I mean:

If you think about Rfactor or GSC you link to be the best simulation as possible, Iracing best online races, PCars tons of cars and graphics (uncertain about physics) with a very fast developing. But what about Assetto?

I know that Pcars has other budget but at the end, to the customer doesn´t mean anything. When you are going to buy a phone, you don´t care if Apple had more budget to made their phone than Nokia, you buy your best choice.

Regards!

6. plaid

plaid Alien

While they are good at developing games (delays aside), the marketing department really lacks. While thats better then vice versa. :D

Instead of giving the info on various platforms and accounts, it would have been better to concentrate on one or two places, where the average dude, who got better things to do then surf 10 pages get an overview, so like the facebook-page, with a bit more of info about the progress. A few pictures here, a few videos there, a bit of feedback how it goes, like Marcos post. Especially if there are nor further update you can easily please many by just some signs of progress, its just have to be visibile.
    If you go to the homepage, you hardly get an overview about what content is coming for example and some are probably not aware, how much other stuff will come besides the cars and tracks listed. The new licences could convince people, who think the amount of cars is to low for them. Im still convinced with a more concentrated and ongoing amount of information, some dissappointment could have been avoided.

Its pretty unprofessional if you just stop communicating, cause some younger folks and a few impatient adults post something respectful, cause there are enough people who have manners and everyone payed for it. But I think they got different reasons then being sulky, which would be downright unprofessional.

nate, 7he4Ce and Maranello46 like this.
  7. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Really? I agree with the other wants. But I want race prepped cars (open wheel forumla cars of all levels, GT cars, Prototype Lemans V8 Supercars DTM, classic open wheelers and classic Lemans prototypes etc) but also powerful exotic street cars, classic cars, trucks and track-day cars. Well everything except maybe front wheel drive street cars, but even those can be fun in a big online race. Karts and motorcycles really need their own dedicated sims.

Nahkamarakatti and BMASTER like this.
  8. I do agree, but at the moment IMO the ratio street cars/racing cars is too much on the road side for a "racing simulator". There are a lot of racing series to license, open wheels, touring, prototype etc etc, but for every racing car they add there are also 2-3 more road cars... I mean the car list is starting to look like the one in "Real Racing 3" for iPad...

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  9. Turk

Turk Alien

What information are you basing that assumption on? They haven't marketed anything as far as I can see and yet they've sold thousands of a game they haven't even officially released.

They don't have a marketing department from what I can see, they haven't paid for any advertising that I've seen and yet their a widely discussed title. That's a successful marketing drive in any companies books. The fact is they're programmers and artists, not a marketing team.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  10. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Yeah and that's why people pay to play like iRacing and they have all of that :D

I define a hardcore simmer as a player who knows every single difference between other sims and enjoys in a realistic physics. I didn't hear any words from a hardcore simmer such as "I want a weather changes, I want a driver swap,..." All I heard from them is positive or negative critics regarding to physics, car balance and leagues. Some of those options on the list are marked as "what true simulation" already has and don't need to argue about it :D

I believe Kunos team is aware as much as it can be about that. So there is no need to write those kind of lists furthermore. And that's why I support Kunos for making a small team of beta testers. That's how they have avoided to read requests and lists of "We need" options. Keep in mind that 1.0 RC doesn't mean they won't be adding anything during our tests. If something goes wrong they can always postpone a release.

After all, those who buy this game since it's Alpha release know how much of a progress has been done already. And imagine that amount of a progress only in a single update. It has to take some time to make it right, doesn't it? ;)

11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

speak for yourself.

g4b1bb097, Pingus and finepot like this.
  12. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

DLC will only be a fraction of their income. Game sales will be the biggest income. And project cars is probably going to sell lots and lots more unless AC comes out soon.

Agreed. Probably going to buy Pcars too, because of all the content it provides. This is what a casual games looks for too.

13. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Because AC doesn't have 'full-prepped race cars' /facepalm.
    iRacing doesn't have Dynamic weather, live track, 24h/day night (you can race at night though), driver swaps aren't implemented yet...
    I mean, if you're going to criticize AC on things it doesn't have, be correct along the whole line and do it with every game.

Joao Alves and TCLF like this.
  14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The speed by which mods for AC have multiplied in numbers and overtook modding for rF2 although rF2 is out since much longer time, speaks volumes.

What Kunos "must" deliver does not depend on the desires of individuals, but the advertising of features that Kunos has released. What a producer advertises is the basis for people's decision on whether they buy it or not, so the advertising must be correct, and its claims must be met. And fact is that all advertised stuff will be part of 1.0 - and some more items already being added that originally were not part of the plan for 1.0. The full list can be found on the known Kunos websites that are the same websites since over one year now.

People should differ between racing events and the way these get created and run, and the driving experience. Regarding the first, AC compares currently to something of the Gran Turismo and Forza range indeed. Regarding the latter, it leads all the pack out there, period. Rumour is that it will becom even better with next major update.

And last but not least: in the end racing is not about flags and pitstops, nighttime and bad weather, but driving a car. ;) To think different is like claiming that flying is about preparing the plane on the ground and filling gas into the tank and washing the airframe. Granted, its nice to have both these components, but if needing to set priorities, the priorities should be clear. Pitstops and flags are worth nothing, if the driving experience is crappy.

Personally I take the mysterious hint by one Kunos staff member at a "much wanted feature" as a hint that pitstops are tried to be implemented before 1.0, at least pitstops certainly are a much demanded feature. :D . But that is my personal view of it only.

And finally, for the x-th time, a reminder of that online racers and organised league racers are a tiny minority, not the majority, in the race sim world.

15. plaid

plaid Alien

That's probably the key. I don't now which meaning hardcore-sim, simcade, hardcore-gamer and casual has. Its far to binary, cause everyone got different preferences and priorities and many move in a grey area, if there would be actually a general definition of this words, which is something we will not archive in another 1000 pages.
    What should be is important, that you dont get disqualified or being treated withouth respect, cause your preferences.
    Keyproblem is, that for most there isn't the game or sim that includes ALL they wish for, which would be practical, cause you didn't have to choose or wait for another game and that peoples priotities differ.
    And no matter which aspect of game x or y, the opinions differ.
    Forcing to find a general consent is simply impossible, which shouldn t be a problem cause we are talking about a game afterall and not a new kind of government.
    And that everyone will end prefering the same game will not happen.

TCLF likes this.
  16. I'm glad that you aren't the 'official decider of what makes a hardcore simracer' because if so then I have wasted a couple thousand dollars on sim gear and another thousand at a certain expensive rental sim (seeing as how even it doesn't fit into your category)

dynamic weather: Seems that it would be nice to have yet 99% of every online lobby is run during the middle of the day under ideal conditions.
    live track: umm, we actually have that; it just isn't the exact same as it is in your favorite game
    day/night: same as dynamic weather
    race cars, not street cars: I prefer the street cars mostly because you have to actually brake and modulate the throttle on turns that any race car is wide open without a thought given
    driver swaps: other than the most (too?) serious of leagues when would anybody actually use this feature?
    solid multiplayer: I race door to door against people from all over the world with no problems..maybe you just need better internet?
    flags: Will be nice to have for sure, even though I really doubt that the guy that is out to grief everybody really cares.
    pit stop: Again nice to have for use in a serious league but otherwise not needed for the average pick up race.
    etc etc: You just ruined your definitive list by adding this multiplier that could be anything.

It seems to me that rfactor2 has everything you want and is the perfect sim for your definition of a hardcore simracer; why even bother with AC if there is already such a haven for all the hardcore simracers out there? Surely there are dozens of lobbies 24/7 running full grids of 2+ hour long races, right? (or maybe online is a ghost town because it has flaws just like every other game on the market and in actuality there are only a few dozen people that meet your definition of a 'hardcore simracer')

victor86, Cote Dazur, Martyn and 7 others like this.
  17. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

I mean you can't really complain if they add another car...any car...even a Lotus. But yes, you need powerful exotic rear wheel drive street cars for Trento and Nords. But I think the RUF and the RS Lambo will fill those gaps quite neatly. Not sure if I'd enjoy any more cars like the BMW M1, but if someone enjoys it fair enough.

18. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Whatever Kunos does, they can never go wrong if they......
    1. Add more Ferraris
    2. Add more Italian or top 10 most wanted tracks

victor86 likes this.
  19. aaronkow

aaronkow Gamer

Are the updates gonna be increasing by 0.01? Like 0.21 to 0.22 or will they skip to 0.5 after 0.23? :eek::oops:o_O:)

20. aaronkow

aaronkow Gamer

BMW 1M is such a well balanced and fun to drive car. Definitely one of my hitlist!