1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Regarding the next update (possibly 0.23)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wedge_one, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

So they will at some time 'in the future' all sit round and rewrite the entire code and game structure? Hmm how trusting you are, I tend to be more cynical.
    Also you don't want even the most basic of information about what's going on in development?

razmatazz likes this.
  2. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

One month ago Kunos gave us the last update... including a track and a car. Just a few days before that they shared the news about Toyota. In between then and now they informally shared the news about Audi. Then, just over two weeks ago they told us it was moving to beta and enrolled testers. They also showed us a picture of work on the damage model during this time between updates and mentioned they are working hard to get in a new feature that is not currently listed in all the features, tracks and cars they have already told us would be in v1.0.

All that communication and a downloadable update occurred in less than 5 weeks time. It is a false premise to imply or state they aren't updating us. They are-- and better than most developers.

3. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

I think the major issue is official statements have been sparse for the last few weeks and that a VERY anticipated DLC was slated for post launch release this month. The devs have yet to comment on it any further, which could lead some to the conclusion that the game may not release anytime soon. The FAQ on the OFFICIAL AC site says that DLC will come later in 2014. If the beta were to last into January(which I doubt), this would likely irritate people as well. It is not that some feel misinformed, it is that some feel misled. That is likely what all the hubub is about. EDIT: excluding information about something can be considered misleading someone about said item.

4. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

5. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Kunos could be racing against the clock to deliver the RC or even release the final version of the game before the release of PCARS.

If that's indeed true, I think we can expect the RC in two weeks (for mid october) and maybe the final version at the end of october.

The release and success of PCARS can affect AC sales and make people put AC aside. Or not, but that's a risk, so better release the game before.

What you guys think?

Yeah, I noticed that screenshot yesterday. There are 105 screenshots on their Store Page!

6. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

They've said they plan to support AC for 5 years after 1.0 release. What they want and can add, they'll add, what they can't, they won't. I am OK with that.

I really don't understand the anxiety.

There's a 1.0 RC in the works, there's DLC coming, there is 5 years of support to come. There's an attempt to get basic pitstops into the 1.0, and if not now, later. I have the most basic of information.

Kunos is really not that unusual. I work for a large software company, and non-developer employees even often can't get information about what will be in the coming release, or what the roadmap is for the next couple years. I've said it before, I've seen open source software projects that communicated less with their users than Kunos does.

Joao Alves likes this.
  7. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

I think this would be bad. Because AC isn't even close of being finished. And Kunos will most likely bring an unfinished game to market, like so much others do. Updating the game for the next five years doesn't change this fact. And developers really should stop this nonsense with throwing out unfinished products and be like, we can still work on the game and implement things that should have been in the released version later. Early access and these kinds are a good thing, but should be treated carefully. I'd rather be in early access another year than seeing an unfinished product labeled released.
    I don't know who started such a nonsense, like releasing unfinished products in the game industry but it destroys the joy of gaming.
    THIS HAS TO STOP!!!
    I care for AC and Kunos, that's why I'm so vigorously about implementing mentioned features BEFOR the game is released.
    Also if it comes to communication, have a look at Everquest Next. They make a livestream every week and keep the community updated and answer the questions the community has live on the stream. Ok, they have a much bigger team, but that's not really the problem.

I'm sure I missed some things. Maybe I'll add these later.

8. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

I think they should worry about their own software, not about what is clearly going to be yet another yawn-worthy eye candy simcade does. Certainly spice up the pot, and massively hype up La Ferrari and Spa to be released around the same time. But core programming, can your should you even try to rush it?

9. SirJack

SirJack Racer

If I was working as a dev I wouldn't read the forum and just finish my work. If reading the forum I really would get pis**** some day when reading some stuff here ;).
    Finish your work Kunos and then surprise us with a mindblowing Beta, RC1 or whatever you are calling it:D

geg and Cote Dazur like this.
  10. GothaR

GothaR Racer

PCARS shouldn't be a worrying competitor, physics are much worse than in AC. It gains interest mostly by graphics and sounds, which are not the main factor for hardcore simracers. And still, AC looks great, it may not have so many fancy features as PCARS, but overall feel of driving is significantly better.
    I think that due to competition, Kunos should still provide a demo. I remember when I first tried the tech demo and I was literally stunned by the fell of the car. That's what will bring most of the new customers, not screenshots and videos.
    And the other thing is, that most of the people who wanted AC already bought it. There were many sales where you could buy AC for 17-18 euros and it was just the deal of the year :)

11. Enforcer-J

Enforcer-J Racer

Oh c'mon. It's just a label!

It all means diddly squat to anything. As far as im concerned, if I can buy the game and play it, its released!

Early access, alphas and open betas blah blah. Its going to be continued to have updates to keep up with the competition regardless.

12. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

You're giving them advice to not read stuff that that aren't reading. Luckily they are listening to you and following your advice perfectly, they just don't know it. Classic. o_O

13. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Exactly that Lotus at Magione. Played that and I was like WOW!

14. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

I want to buy you a beer.

Traind and Radfahrer like this.
  15. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

You can dismiss PCARS only because it has worse physics, because that is not what typical consumer is going to first think. And you know that AC can't live off hardcore simracers for 5 years.

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  16. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Are you sure? That's what the whole DLC thing is about. Do you think the casual gamers are the ones who are going to be downloading a track or car pack in 3 years' time? The DLC means the hardcore players will be the ones supporting Kunos long term.

vladjak and Angelo like this.
  17. luytyi

luytyi Rookie

As well as I can't buy dlc without having a full-fledged simulator.

18. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

EA dude, EA.

Dennis Neo, xSYOx and BMASTER like this.
  19. GothaR

GothaR Racer

Indeed, DLCs and mod support are the things that hold long-term customers. Look at Live for speed, they don't even have mod support (except track layout editor) and they managed to hold simracers for quite a long time only because of great physics and without official licenses for cars and tracks. And here you have sim with even better physics, great graphics, impressive car park (and more cars to come), laser scans of best circuits and on top of it mod support.Yes, we still wait for rain, night and other necessary features, but I believe they will come in next 1-2 years. It seems like a long time, but remember, that AC early access started on 8th November 2013 and it passed like nothing (at least for me :) ).
    PS: I am waiting also for Oculus Rift DK2 support :)

20. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014