1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Regarding the next update (possibly 0.23)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wedge_one, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Pascal.Hek

Pascal.Hek Gamer

Tuesday is the last day of september :D

They never said the dream pack would be delayed, or did I miss something? I don't look on their facebook, but they have an official website here, so I believe here is where they should announce if it is delayed.

2. plaid

plaid Alien

They often didn't gave much info or no info at all about some things. Simply remember when they planed to release the final game at the point the DLC was announced and you can come to more logical conclusions, then construct reasons why 1.0 will come sooner, then it probably will.

3. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

That's why I said "just" and not just :D

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am a flightsimmer since over 20 years (heck, there is a reason why I am nicknamed "Skybird") , doing the heavy PMDG kind of stuff these days, and havign done all the Falcon 4 dances. I know what you mean, and still: flying is - about flying. You could prefer to not need to care for plane preparation and flightplanning and enjoy flying for the sake of it. Just doing flightplanning and plane preparation for the sake of it but then not flying - is not the same, isn't it. Its pointlessw, to be precise.

I handled things by the same method when my systems were weaker in past times and could not run all the addon stuff for FS like air traffic, airport action, online weather. When I needed to set priorities for reaosns of managing system resources, all this had to go first, reducing options for cockpit realism and the flightsim itself always came last.

Of course there is always room for improvement (if hardware supports it, btw, not everybody is willing to buy a new 1000 dollar or more equipment every one or two years. ). But I operate by the rule "the most important things first, the less important things later". What counts now is that Kunos delivers on its advertised promises, and I think they will pass that criterion with flying colours. Good car behaviour, good tracks, that's at the core of it. Additional things - support is planned to run until 2018, or am I wrong... For that timeframe, nothing has been promised, but much seems to be possible.

I am also a longtime follower of SBP, heck there we have learned to live with compromises as well in some regards, mainly graphics and inferior simulation of anti-air and air support. Still, the sim excels in where its focus is: tactics and physics of mechanised forces, unit cohesion management and formation manouvering. "The important core things first, anything else: later."

I only can repeat myself: "The priorities should be clear. Pitstops and flags are worth nothing, if the driving experience is crappy."

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  5. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

I could be agree with you, but a Sim without any improvement it would be crap too, it has to be balanced.

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Sebastian Wolff likes this.
  6. You are hillarious. You are the one who gets depressions because you were not choosen for beta program as you made clear yourself. I dont have such emotions for any game. Youre the first to call me a fanboy, and that right after I stated how the internet gaming communites seem like a collection of angry kids lately...

My point in short is this: I support early access because I want developers to make something they like, without needing to please shareholders and meet release dates. Do you like how games have developed since they moved from being made by passionate people for fun, to being corrupted by a bunch of men in suits who want to maximize profits? People like you arent any better than those men in suits, actually you are even worse as AAA shareholders actually invest a lot of money, you invested 30 bucks!
    All the classic games were developed silently without allowing anyone early access, did this also make you depressed? Any idea how long most games that are not early access are in development in average? Think again if 2-3 years for a quality simulation made by little over 10 people is really that much.
    Early Access doesnt mean that the dev has to communicate anything and it sure doesnt mean that they should change timelines and priorities just because some impatiend manchilds cant wait to have a certain feature. In fact you couldnt even sue them if they stopped development right now, so be a little thankful for a dev who is making your favorite sim which will, sooner or later, most likely will have everything you want.

Why indy devs should never give ETAs:

You can find thousands of such comments in any indy forum where a dev has missed dates, sorry I just picked this one as I dont feel like quoting all of them. If you had any experience in game making workflow, you would have a bit more understanding on how hard it is to give solid ETAs if you want to make sure a certain quality level is kept.

7. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

8. Holy crap, where's that from?

Wouldn't mind that for my track, people complain their steering wheel vibrates when they hit a tree at 200km/h, if their car looked like that then I bet they won't complain anymore :p

TheBestBeast likes this.
  9. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

BeamNG Drive. But don't get too excited, the driving is absolutely terrible.

nate and TheBestBeast like this.
  10. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Yeap :D

11. Well if it handles much like the 458, you can be sure you will see me at some point going around the ring sideways in 3rd and 4th gear :p Love to throw the 458 into a slide in slow corners, it's such a balanced chassis and you can just smash the throttle if you want :D

I think the "problem" discussing what simulation games is, is that we all got different perspectives of what simulation is to us. To make an example, i dont think ETS 2 is much of a simulation game, but it's the only trucking game i really enjoy (so far). And the online beta mod is actually a fun experience. I agree that yes, AC needs a few things more to be called a simulation for me, but your definition of simulation is different than mine, and it's all okay. That's how things should be cause we are all different.

12. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

Assetto Corsa launch party, held at Vallelunga. The timeline, the billboards, the delivery of numerous sweet cars with AC plates. And the beta testers NDA. Might be true after all. Obviously an AC focused event.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Actually it's a good occasion to laser scan grid girls. One of the most requested features that adds immersion.

14. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Mulder's t-shirt comes to mind "i want to believe" . Extravagant throwing all that up just to test stuff for the game . I'd imagine some sim-rigs at an event like that in that garage with all the posters so the game journalists can compare the sim to reality . Maybe that will get set up tomorrow . Cheers for posting the pics Darcy .

15. Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster Hardcore Simmer

My ex gf was Dave Newshams grid girl and she turned out to be a right, erm, thingy. Can't look at them the same way anymore lol

16. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Thats seriously exciting. Probably allowing people to drive the sim then the same car on track. Could mean nothing for us, but it might mean release soon. Isn't there a forum post some guy had about going to the track for the weekend to do just that. Press event likely signaling release IMHO.

17. Spider

Spider Gamer

So now I am seriously excited.

18. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Press Meet the Team event?

19. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

This new fangled technology takes the fun out of 3D modeling, I prefer to collect contour data using more traditional methods.