1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I don´t exactly know why it´s so important to me, but if the engine stalling includes idle govenours and engine start ups, that is definitely my number one wish. Maybe it´s about the magic of getting into a car, taking a good seat and than as a climax finally hitting that start button to hear the car come alive.
    And parking it with a finishing engine shutdown... It´s really not important to the process of racing, it´s just about the feels. But in a sim that recreates cars this nice, that would be the créme de la créme for me.

It would be a nice first step in my opinion to optimize the startup situation if the autoclutch option had a "Factory" setting. So that cars that don´t have a clutch pedal would use autoclutch as it is with the real car, without the need to enter the assistances menu every time.

2. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

- Fix the flashing AI brake lights because its going to give me a epileptic seizure.

- Maybe add AI driver error. Because in real motor sport i see on TV they do make mistakes and spin out and go off into the gravel. I would love to see a AI driver spin out in AC. Because at the moment the AI cars have a superhuman ability to recover from a spin.

3. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Once the user presses the delete button, this could become an 'undo button' for x seconds

Epistolarius and Kalamede like this.
  4. geebooz.. the mafia is onto me.. I'd better start dusting off my oculus :p .. I should delete this poll before it's too late :)

come on brake faders.. come onnnnnn! :D fight back!

5. Daniel Perez

Daniel Perez Hardcore Simmer

I voted for VR support because I'll get an OR by july, and I would really like to try it in AC. Othewise, I would have voted for brake temps or false start/engine stall since all the things making the driving experience closer to real life are welcome by me. But the False start part is not anything I am really interested if that means cars teleporting to pits, IMO what we have now is better.

ears1991 likes this.
  6. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

But you have the "are you sure" thingy for overriding the setup with the same name. If you want to save a setup with an already existing name, you have to press the save button twice and it changes from "save" to "Override?" :)

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

bloody hell it was losing by 20 before. how did it. how do so many people afford it(unless they are doing it just to **** with you)

3316V likes this.
  8. Rigel

Rigel Alien

New fake accounts to vote multiple times? :(

9. lol do I? I didn't know that :D I haven't written that part.. I'll have to see what's in there

Epistolarius, Shaddix, TDS and 7 others like this.
  10. @MAXCARS The thread is about voting for one of the choices presented in the poll, there is a suggestion section of the forum just for your last few posts. (some great suggestions though!)

I guess I am playing forum police, but I would hate to see you become a 'simulation expert'.
    -------------
    Wow, more people have voted for VR than there are people that actually own the headsets.
    A lot more people have $500+ GPU's than what the statistics show also, apparently. Odd.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Seria17hri11er, Tollolbesar and nate like this.
  11. I was assuming Reddit caught this.. but I can't see any "let's show that kunos idiot who's who" thread in there.

Don't panic... I'll edit the DB and cheat my way out of this :p

12. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

HAHAHA xD

grandepunto likes this.
  13. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I think is because all of us OR/Vive owners or future owners are voting for VR, centralizing votes. The rest of you is spread among the other 9 voices

Kyo, VRMilk and stefanoCasillo like this.
  14. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

If it makes you feel better, my previous comment aside I actually voted for brake temps. :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Seria17hri11er, ears and mantasisg 2 like this.
  15. Psit

Psit Alien

But...but... VR playerbase is 0.000001% :p

nate likes this.
  16. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

"change skin in pickup mode" wouldn't mean "no entry list", would it?
    You would still be forced to use the car that is left over, and of course not the one you have practiced with?

Go, VR, go ;)
    btw. does anyone know if things like the async timewarp is or will be supported with OpenVR, or do you need the official SDK for this?

17. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

False starts and engine stall....how fking boring is that...

pumpkineater23 likes this.
  18. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

Pick "False starts/Engine stall" even if its impossible right now, cause it's the only way to win with VR mafia!

btw nothing really important from multiplayer perspective ;(

Brownninja97 likes this.
  19. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

VR is strong in the landscape right now ... even if all can agree that Kunos makes a wonderfull job here so far.

I myself bought AC because of Dk2 support (yeah I admit I wasn't even simracing before, barely driving GT or Forza) but doing so AC opened my eyes onto the sheer pleasure of driving simulation on my regular screen. Now I still wish for VR, but i'll contiune playing AC no matter what.

Stefano is kind of a hero on the indy gaming industry, a grumpy one yes, but we deserve it :D

Nismo, Epistolarius, Sko Sko and 4 others like this.
  20. Xero

Xero Gamer

I'd imagine pickup mode would be built into the entry list selection, perhaps opening a sub-list of available skins.