1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 11, 2017.

1. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Forza is a direct competitor for PCars 2 and the guy is being paid by Ian Bell, CEO of SMS, what would you expect from that relationship?
    And I did read the review. I wish his PCars 2 review was as thorough and nitpicking as this one

mms and LeDude83 like this.
  2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Some people still visit that dump?
    I own the game, for what it is (simcade racer) I love it, why should I care what PRC says.
    I have never cared about PRC opinion before and even less after he p r o s t i t u t e d himself to SMS.

martcerv, mms and LeDude83 like this.
  3. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Its not about being simcade but whatever, i dont want to continue this disscusdion anymore because people are getting triggred here by prc.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

4. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

You're not right. I'm not triggered at all and I visit it from time to time, but I don't take everything I read there as face value. You gotta get the facts straight. Austin managed to create enough noise in the past to be noticed by SMS CEO and the guy made a genius decision of buying PRC's owner *** for cheap in advance of PCars 2 release. Again, I can't blame either party, you know, money talks.

5. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I dont take everything i read there either, but specifically talking about forza 7 i think he has good valid points.

I wasent even planning on buying forza 7 because of how bad it runs on pc and seeing that they made no improvments from apex and fh3 and the same game breaking bugs are still there. Also the microsoft store is more expensive for me for some reason.

6. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I wasn't either, because I tried F6 Apex, didn't like it and I did't believe they would turn it into a game that rewards proper driving techniques . It is a game for gamepad users, everybody knows that and any kind of wheel support there is sure an afterthought as I bet 90% of their customers don't have one.

This does not change the fact that PCars 2 and Forza 7 target essentially the same user base and if you watched the famous "drunken interview" you might have noticed how often Ian Bell was saying that they will beat Forza soon. So reading a post from someone who is essentially an SMS employee reviewing a competitor's game you can be sure that any flaw would be put under microscope and properly exposed and any strong points will be left behind. Did he ever say how good graphics in Forza 7 is? No.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You must be kidding, right?
    It's the most optimized game I've seen in years, rare sight these days, look at all those AAA titles that get dumped on the market and can barely chug on the top end hardware.
    Considering the graphics it's a miracle what T10 have achieved. Yes, FH3 had issues on PC at launch, but all the problems has been sorted in a month or so. Quite impressive considering it was the first FH on PC.
    FM7 is supposed to be poster child for XB1X and they put a lot of efforts to make sure it can run at Ultra/4K (I think it's Ultra) even on that underdog, on PC it's just breathing through without even breaking a sweat.

Butter smooth fps, no stuttering of any sort, high res textures, great AA with no jaggies and superb clarity.

8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

True about that, he will probably never dig that deep with pcars2 as he did with forza 7.

There are many bugs and stuff done wrong with pcars2 but its still a better motorsport game then forza 7.

In recent years i feel that forza is targeted for 12 yearold wanna be drift gods, fans of obnoxious youtube personalis like theslaptrain. And it shows with how this game is made, i guess selling loot crates and clown suits are more important in this so called "motorsport" game.

9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

First jimmy broadband forza 7 stream i'v seen the same exact stuttering in menus and during gameplay,random crashes like i had with fh3. Maybe your lucky idk...
    And most optimized is a bit of streach concidering weather day night is not even true dynamic.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  10. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Depends on what you mean by "motorsport game". Neither drives and feels even remotely close to a real thing. I've tried myself and seen enough videos to make this conclusion. But PCars pretends it is a simulator with proper physics inside, while Forza doesn't. Watching this video: I would say graphics and sound are better in Forza.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

dont compare physics or ffb, but the core gameplay. that's what i meant by motorsport. like f1 2017 for example.

graphics sure ya (i prefer gt sport out of all the racing games because it has more natural feeling to it)
    sounds, depends on the cars because some cars sound good and some really bad and some are just copy paste because they didnt bother with getting recordings of the car (both games)

12. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

sorry for dp
    thats how you play forza now i guess

13. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Not sure what you mean by "core gameplay". Career mode? Well I'd say F1 2017 has a huge handicap here as they model just single very popular racing series. And one of the best career modes for a game with a wider spectrum of the cars represented that I've seen was in Race Driver: Grid. Would be hard to beat that one.

14. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

grid autosport? is it any good?

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Grid Autosport career was a lot like PCars2. In my book it was a big let down after Grid2 which I liked a lot.
    FM7 is different and by the way it looks after finishing Tier 1, is much more engaging and rewarding.

16. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Didnt do any improvments. Realy? Its like night and day with a decent wheel. Apex felt like ****. FM6 on xbox with a thrustmaster tx felt like ****. Its the best driving so far in FM history.

17. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

sorry maybe i wasn't clear enough, i meant performance wise that it has the same issues and bugs that were on apex and fh3 that make the game crash and stutter.

18. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

It crashes yes but FH3 was a real stutter party compared to this. I did get a refund partly becouse off that and the horrendus wheel support. Now I have a more powerfull computer so I dont know how FM7 is on lower end. On mine it works god with almost rock solid fps. Crashes usually happens browsing uppgrades paints never so far driving. I have almost 40 hours ingame now:D

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just sounds like your trying to promote PRC, giving him any credibility or even going to his horrible website is like injecting yourself with cancer on purpose. ;)

Maybe he is down on web clicks and needs a new pr guy as the sms money has possibly dried up.

20. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Iam sorry but i did have bad experience with fh3 and paying 85$ for standerd version of forza 7 just to get *** ****ed again by devs that only care about money is too much for me.