1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Hmm you do make a good point, i know kunos have made a gamble and from the sounds of it the lambo license was a gamble and i think it left them in debt, im not sure if the dream pack put them back in the black. Anyways from the looks of things AC will sell more then most other sims(even project cars in the long run). By gaining support of steam you have the sillinest which comes with it, the workshop which is meant to come in Q2, the crazy sales which draws a lot of people into buying the game, the decent review system which paints assetto corsa in a good light.

What AC has is the fancy foundation that the others didnt really get to use properly, yes the simbin stuff was there and rfactor is now coming but im not talking about the sim racers. Most of us will buy a sim because its a sim, the bigger factor is getting someone that isnt a sim racer, luckily many console players are tailing off consoles asking for a new racing game, assetto corsa is high on that list

[​IMG]

Hell the games above it arent out yet.

While it is possible that kunos could go bankrupt i think they are in a much better standing then some other companies, tbh im more worried about ISI. They seem to be picking up the pace but they need to get on steam asap, the amount of people they are missing out on it, its insane

2. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

How is it that you keep saying you think they will go bankrupt or were in debt because off the Lambo license. I am not saying this is true or not. Just interested where you get that info from. Are you there bookkeeper? If you are not, and all these are just wild guesses. Then I am clueless as to what is the point in that. Surpose this isn't true, then these are just bad manners! And being on the interwebs you are likely to create a negative hype on total nonsence. Thats what you want?

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

nono of course not, its from the observations from the type of language they used when they got the lambo license, how it was a massive risk for them and how they had to brute force their way into getting it, taking a risk isnt a bad thing, i and others should be happy about that as risks mean more creativity, its rare to see that these days. You interpret my words how you want to anyways, ive got a lot of education on businesses and how they work, Kunos is still a business. If you dont take a risk them most of the time your business will not strive, some win some lose. The odds as they stand are with Kunos

4. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Can't wait for this street GT-R:) I hope it drives better then alfa 155...I can't get that car to turn no metter how I setup it LOL

5. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Great to have another Nismo - but I cannot wait for the Lambos to make an appearance. Those and the LMP1 Toyota of course!

6. Buk Nekkid

Buk Nekkid Rookie

Nice....Always welcoming new content... Any news on the Toyota GT86?

7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I would take 1982 Audi Quatro A1 as AWD showcase any time .. with few hillclib tracks as a bonus ;)
    this:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

You don't have to go in debt to make a risky investment.
    They have paid big bucks for the Lambo License but I don't think they will go bankrupt by achieving it. They're a business at first, then a games developer ($$$$ > anything).
    If they wouldn't have the money or a good plan they wouldn't have gotten the license (probably also the reason why they won't get Porsche, because that would make them go bankrupt x10).

9. I hope that they get Aston Martin and Jaguar at some point. A Vantage GT3 would be a very nice addition to the GT3 races online (yes, I am enjoying them again), and that F-Type is a lovely piece of kit.

yusupov likes this.
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Mental :D

Much as I'd like to see Kunos covering this stuff I feel they have their hands full with track and road cars. Rally cars really need loose surface physics and different tyres. It'd need a second dev team to do it properly.

11. If they want test data from a Quattro, they should go ask DCI Gene Hunt. I am sure that he would be delighted to kick the sh......er, I mean help them collect valuable data :D

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep ..thats why that tarmac hillclimb ... staying on the ground with my wishes :)

13. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Btw, this never ended up in the game?

[​IMG]

"A few weeks ago a German boy, Fabian Werner, sent us a photo he took at the Nürburgring, where he (or someone else, we do not know) he wanted to testify in his own way his passion for AC. Since we have been doing everything possible to reproduce the circuit as closely as possible, we considered his picture as a hint"

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    alex72 likes this.
  14. yusupov

yusupov Alien

im guessing they moved it

15. Epocx

Epocx Alien

This is in the game, its just a bit further down the road.

16. Why would they move it? Surely it should be in the same location as the real world version?

17. insomnia

insomnia Racer

yeah, that's why they moved it. The guy posted at what point the graffiti is and they changed the location for release. Don't always assume the worst.

18. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Yep, that never looked like it was at the carousel, the real graphiti..

19. I wasn't actually assuming anything. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I was just curious.

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Keeping free content has many advantages. It keeps the main base title fresh and in the headlines (AC now with +1 new car etc), therefore hopefully more sales, it also generates goodwill amongst the current owners of the title and thirdly, makes it yet another illegal download which the pirates will have to crack and re-distribute, which costs time etc.

A lot of people still resent having to pay for every little bit of content, so if they see that there is fresh free content coming, it can often soften the blow of any incoming paid DLC etc.

Mogster and claudiopolez like this.