1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My first impressions of the Fanatec Clubsport BMW GT3 Wheel, Base, and V2 Pedals.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Shrubbo, Apr 29, 2014.

1. plucka

plucka Racer

You shouldn't be setting wheel rotation for each car, set it to 900 degree's as the game already sets the correct degrees for each car automatically.

2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Yes the game does but Fanaleds is mean to set hard limits on my wheel to match the game if I understand this right.

Thomas Cameron likes this.
  3. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Ahhh found the problem. PEBKAC. I was changing the virtual wheel rotations.... not the actual wheel rotation... thanks for the help. This is awesome :)

4. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

I hope you now have lock to lock replication of your csw and the in game wheel.
    No problem bud it does seem crazy setting the wheel rotation to 40 but it just seems to let fanaleds do its magic ..:)

5. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Yeah mate, all seems good and pretty chuffed. I didn't know there was this functionality so bonus. Adjusted my pedals around today to suit, modified my gaming setup to handle the bigger Fanatec compared to the g27 but I am really missing a stick shifter badly. I now absolutely love to drive anything with paddles and don't like anything without it. A complete opposite of what I was before which means this gorgeous clutch is going to waste. Looking at their site it is still 30 days away until they have them in stock.

The upside of this is that I never really got into the Ferrari 458's before... but now... but now!! :D

alex bonner and Thomas Cameron like this.
  6. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

I have the CSS sq on pre order for 30/5 can't wait ..:)
    I mainly use the cars with paddles too at the moment McLaren is my GOTO car at the minute..
    Glad to have hopefully helped you out ..:):):cool:
    Happy racing bud hope to see you on track come the weekend..;)

Shrubbo likes this.
  7. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

That's the same day that have for here in Aus as well. Hmmmmm must have :D

8. rycil

rycil Simracer

Thanks for the review. Very valuable for us, poor guys still on g25 things :)

Did you already put the screw on the QR so that the wheel doesn't come loose? (As reported many times in the reviews)

Shrubbo likes this.
  9. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Yes I did mate thank you :)

10. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Great 1st impression write Shrubbo, very funny and informative at the same time. :)

By the way setting the wheel rotation in game to 40 works for every wheel as far as I know. I have mine set to that, and all I do is change in Logitech profiler manually. I suppose yours does this automatically now or how? I have no idea how that Fanaleds work.

And another question: how many of the wheel's buttons can you reach with your fingers while gripping the wheel (driving) without taking the hand off the wheel? Because that's important to me, I don't like to take one had off the wheel just to reach a button. That's one of the few pluses the DFGT has, I can push almost all it's buttons without letting off the wheel.

Old Geezer likes this.
  11. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Thanks, this is the first time I have heard of that 40 thing but I have never got into a racing sim like this before either so no surprise and yes thanks to the help of everybody here it now automatically sets the rotation limits up for each individual car.
    [​IMG]

Ok what can I reach?

Of the top 5 I can reach 4 easy with my thumb with no grip change and would clearly be the ones I assigned race critical stuff. That center one requires a stretch but no real drama and consider a grip change for most of the following but not so much as you let go so to speak, just a grip adjustment.

The joysticks on both sides are usable. The joystick on the right is actually a 4 way switch plus rotary. The 4 way is ok to use with a reasonable grip, the rotary requires a big grip alteration because obviously you need your thumb and forefinger but that function is very usable while keeping a reasonable feel of the wheel so all good there. I would suggest avoiding that one on a chicane but overall usable on a straight.

The next 2 buttons on both sides require slight grip adjustments but usable with no issue.

The 2 under that I can use but is beginning to stretch the friendship.

The last 2 at the very bottom would require me to release my grip to get to them.

Old Geezer and PAKFA like this.
  12. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

nice writeup!

I have been looking at that clubsport shifter and desk adapter (I don't have a game rig) after the review posted by Sim Racing Review. Let us know how the shifter works for you.

Speaking of FanaLEDs...nm, I will start a new thread.
    :rolleyes:

13. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I'm on my 4th CSW base in 2 years. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Backmarker and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  14. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

So let me get this straight. The wheel FFB was completely dull and underwhelming, leaving you extremely disappointed, until you installed the fanaled software which had absolutely nothing to do with the wheel ffb, and then suddenly you love the wheel? What a joke. lol

15. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Maybe you could get your mother to explain it to you?

16. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

So you broke 3 x 500 euros each CSW bases, or if you want I'll put it nicer - they broke? Were they replaced with warranty each time?

No matter what your answer is, I think that just shows how bad quality they are, no matter how good the performance is on them.

I'm curious how long it will last for Shrubbo.

17. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

lol me too :D

PAKFA likes this.
  18. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

Nothing to explain. Your whole post made no sense.

19. I think I'm on my third base. And changed motor block 2 or 3 times... 2 times optical sensor was failing..

So its amazing when it works but a few times I've almost smashed it with a sledge hammer. :)

20. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Did you do that on your own expenses or with warranty?