1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My first impressions of the Fanatec Clubsport BMW GT3 Wheel, Base, and V2 Pedals.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Shrubbo, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Thanks for this, as someone who is considering upgrading to this in the future (although with the Formula Rim) it was really useful.

+1 to that I have my CSR on the sliding desk that also contains my keyboard and mouse. Despite this when I'm using it I never find the wheel sliding forwards or backwards but when my friend did he kept sliding the wheel suggesting he was putting some weird pressure or using some weird technique which I don't think would be good for the wheel. On top of that he was really tugging at the paddles compared to my light clicking. I reckon half the people with horror stories abuse theirs in some way even if they don't think they are. Of course some do just have dud gear though.

2. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Dammit Shrubbo, when i read your last post I would order that whole Fanatec clubsport line at once
    but I really think those motors are too small for what they are designed for and will fail eventually...

3. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

I am trying to picture what would be considered abuse. For example you should see me driving the Zonda R thru Snoopies Nord' like I can't possibly die. The phrase "drive it like you stole it" comes to mind but that exactly what I bought it for.

Griffin likes this.
  4. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I don't think it would be just driving the car in a certain way. I would think using it for 6 hours straight, spilling something on it, pushing it forwards or backwards or at an angle with force, dropping it, not being careful setting it up or putting it down, kicking the pedals needlessly hard, pulling paddles needlessly hard, ripping cables out/forcing them in, using them in a dusty, hot or humid environment, not setting it up correctly.

5. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Mine is set up permanently on wheel stand I can move it around on (See OP). That being said I give it a pretty hard time when I am going nuts as I am not a small lad by any stretch of the imagination and have not been known for my gentleness shall we say. There has been more then one occasion that I have pushed the brake pedal so hard the whole unit has lifted off the angled plate and the forward and back, side to side thing with the wheel? Well lets say I can get animated but to be honest this thing would want to be able to take that abuse all day every day. My g27 did and it was made out of plastic so I would be one sad panda if this thing couldn't being made out of obviously much stronger stuff to a higher standard. It should be noted that I never noticed my G27 move on this stand. With the Fanatec it gets some serious flex up now with me driving it.

That's why I have trouble picturing what would be abuse as I really do go pretty hard tho I do admit I don't like to see others doing that to my rig. Only I can do that because I paid for it. Actually spilling crap all over it and ripping out cables I don't expect any controller to handle but driving it like I stole it for extended periods? For the price I expect this setup to drink it up without any problems.... else... sad panda ;)

6. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

It definitely should at this price. Good luck is all I can say!

Shrubbo likes this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm guessing running long stints with high forces will increase wear. My G25 casing gets warmish after an hour or so at 50% - 70%, running higher would start a cook off I'm sure.

I'm attracted to the Fanatec gear. I find the cogging feel that you get pulling against the motor forces on my Logitech and the twangy pedals less than immersive. The thought of splashing out on £1k of gear to have it replaced every 6 month isn't great though....

8. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

I wouldn't be too worried, I don't know how long I had my g27 for and yeah it got warm but never actually had a problem with it. I still have it and it works fine. I also will be somewhat annoyed if I have to replace this gear within the foreseeable future but only time will tell and I will post in this thread if I have any trouble. As I said the only drama with Fanatec I have had so far is my SQ shifter got back ordered again for 4 months :(

Tim Meuris likes this.
  9. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Reliability update.

203 hours and everything is perfect.

The only "issue" I have had is that the screw that locks the wheel on fell out again (second time) so I didn't put it back in. I can't impress nubs by ripping my wheel off with it in anyway ;)

It was also seemed to be causing a creaky noise, I thought it was the stand to start with but the noise went away with the screw. That was about 50 hours ago.

Anyway @203 hours I am still extremely happy with the purchase..... also still waiting for my shifter. Come on September!!

Tim Meuris likes this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hey,

Just wanted to report, that the the MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 has been moved to Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini.
    There's no dx11.ini any longer.
    Very crucial to set the value to 1, then save.
    FFB improvement incoming ;)

..still puzzled why I have to find out this myself after days of thinking that either last AC update went wrong or the new fanatec fw is bullocks. This fixes it!

Matty28 and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Thanks for that!! I used to have it set, but yea foiled by the patch. Now I can feel the front lose grip again, and have found my lost FPS lol ;)

Why is this figure not just 1 by default?

12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I have no idea, KS?

Anyway, it's an amazing difference, I was trying the Cobra around Castle Hill and couldn't for the love of god go through any turns with the sligthest drift without spinning. Catch it? Forget it.
    Now, I can go sideways and still predict when and where I'm going, this value should indeed just be standard. Imagine all those who doesn't know this that gets frustrated beyond believe and judge the game by it? :eek:

andrea_gi likes this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for the tip.:)

andrea_gi likes this.
  14. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

url.png
    8 months I was waiting for this...