1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #18 - Adding Lightness

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I do wonder if those that find the car dull or boring are using paddle shifters?

Neawoulf and BrainsBush like this.
  2. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Indeed GravelTrap: would be nice if besides the time we also mention if you use automatic or manual* shift (goes for all of us racers and upcoming new challenges Idea?)
    Obviously manual shifting makes it more realistic, tougher and eventually more fun :)

*manual: paddle or H shifter equals the car

paul_wev and Neawoulf like this.
  3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

So far I know: letting the throttle in the apex or before one car understeers put down to the medal car find grip (?!?). This challenges are more and more ridiculous! Ohhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Nice lap mate. Really clean and precise so far I can see it. Really nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  5. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Personally, if I found an edge using Auto.. I'd use it. Racing is racing. If the ultimate goal is to go as fast as possible, what difference does transmission make? I know we've discussed the traction control system in the game, and yes that is a different argument. But most of the high end race cars, with the paddle shifters are basically automatice anyways, just with the ability to decide if and when you shift (as far as I'm concerned).. Using a fully auto tranny is usually a negative in terms of performance.

BrainsBush likes this.
  6. Snowman38

I'm gonna really need some help on how to attack turn 4 on this one.. I've never, in over 100 laps on this track, gotten this turn even remotely correct! Such a hard corner, IMO..

Tips, please?

Lewisxbone, Boks and paul_wev like this.
  7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

1:37.362 -PS4

The car is a little unfinished on PS4, a bunch of textures are missing :(

8. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

1:37.655 - OriginalR6kid - X1 20170206_190626.jpg

9. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You mean Surtees, the up-hill tightening left hander, right?
    Here´s how I do it: Brake very lightly while already steering into the corner. Because the bend tightens up you can go in faster, but need to scrub off speed by either coasting or braking veeeeeeerrrryyy gently for a super late apex (with a probable gear shift down mid corner depending on the car you´re driving), and on the throttle you are looking for any grip you can get! It is all about carefully caressing your brake pedal here methinks.

Nice combo by the way Graveltrap! Will try to get a time on the board this week :(

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Promotion laptime
    PS4
    T300 RS the ability to thrust in the master and you've got yourself a wheel
    Promo lap : 1:38.496
    Brands Hatch GP Lotus Exige V6 Cup.jpg

12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Day 1, How fast?

Current Standings
    1. 1:36.220 - andy-riches - PC
    2. 1:37.320 - davidjohngibbons - PS4
    3. 1:37.362 - Graveltrap - PS4
    4. 1:37.655 - OriginalR6kid - X1
    5. 1:37.864 - hiphei_finland - PS4
    6. 1:37.791 - Neawoulf -PC
    7. 1:38.086 - local_man1234 - PS4
    8. 1:38.301 - kaantr - PS4
    9. 1:38.496 - svenvangent - PS4
    10. 1:38.759 - Fab85 - PC
    11. 1:39.533 - boabmatic - X1
    12. 1:40.111 - vr6mitch - PS4
    13. 1:40.237 - BrainsBush - PS4
    14. 1:40.477 - HRT WietHok NL - X1
    15. 1:40.602 - BDA - PC
    16. 1:40.932 - Kembro - PS4
    17. 1:43.857 - Larryf1951 - PS4
    18. 1:44.207 - flyingcarrot - X1

Not a bad start at all, straight in with 18 players, a little feisty in the console crew to start whilst people find there feet, andy_richies is back and setting the early pace, I did kind of expect a 1:35 from the fast guys...I am sure it will happen soon ;)

Looking back to WHC3 shows this car to be pretty darn quick around Brands, only 3 seconds slower than the RUF, and that was back when the cars were faster....

Spot a problem? Please let me know so I can fix it!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  13. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

Nice lap GT. I'm guessing the setup isn't default?

River Ruckus and paul_wev like this.
  14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Just the usual adjustments for a road car, max camber, and low fuel...Not touched anything else yet, the dampers will just make my head hurt when I get around to seeing what they do.

15. ColdzeroNL

ColdzeroNL Rookie

1.39.926 X1 Thrustmaster TX leather edition
    Screenshot-Original (4).png

16. Snowman38

Surtees, yes! Brutal corner for meon this GP config.. Thanks for the tips.

17. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

1:39,872 - River Ruckus - PS4 G29 stick shift ;D

Assetto Corsa_2.jpg

Managed to free up half an hour for some reconnaissance laps. This is going to be fun! All those seconds lying around just waiting to get picked up! :D

edit: pumped up my right front tyre quite a bit, because I cannot for the love of baby jesus get any temperature in that forsaken tyre. Maybe more camber?

18. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

I thought lowering the pressure generated more heat, but more wear? I could be completely wrong of course.

paul_wev likes this.
  19. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

20170206_222407.jpg 1.43.934 xbox 1, gained almost a second, times coming down slowly.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

20. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

1:39:857 - BrainsBush - PS4

In 1 day already a couple of tenths faster. So multiply that by seven days and we've got 3 seconds off....sweat dreams...
    Curious if one of the pro's is willing to share their best setup ;)

[​IMG]