1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What are Kunos next track plans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

For whatever reason most of the public servers stick to the vanilla tracks. On rare occasions I've seen Bridge Hampton and more recently Bilsterberg. In the case with Bilsterberg the server host set a decent lap. I set a faster lap and soon after that the server was shut down, haha. I guess the host got mad I bested his lap.

Most people seem to want to drive Nords , Mugello, Spa, Silverstone and Drift. Half the people on the Nords sever never complete a single lap. I have no idea what they are doing. Takes time and effort to learn a track, perhaps most people don't have the time or inclination or interest to learn anything other than these few.

Tomcul likes this.
  2. Orne

Orne Alien

I noticed it disappeared from Race Dept, what happened ?? Ahhh I had a feeling it was due to some licensing B.S.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  3. Orne

Orne Alien

Yea exactly. IMHO , build the track , release it, update it and move on. Trying to make a profit is a tricky thing and unless you are a lawyer or have a lawyer it ain't worth the drama. Or better idea might to make an original track inspired by a variety of real world turns from a variety of tracks. Or something in the same vain as pCars Sakitto, change a few turns, increase the elevation changes, call it "Moriyama speedway" base the track in Kyoto, Japan or an entirely different country.

4. Orne

Orne Alien

Gevatter and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

6. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I can't speak for anyone else but I would happily pay much more for DLC that includes a laserscanned track. Kunos DLC has always been great value for money IMO.

morpwr69 likes this.
  7. deci

deci Simracer

the dedicated grip racers will probably laugh this off and roll their eyes about it, but i kinda wish there would be a slightly more dedicated focus on drifting. all the present and upcoming sim racers focus on the super serious grip racing (or rally stuff) with super sophisticated modern race cars and supercars and all these clean and fast racetracks, but i would pay good money to get something like a "proper" japanese pack II. something like a laserscanned yamanashi Sportsland, or laserscanned Ebisu with all tracks and some more classic drift cars with like.. "stock" and maybe "amateur" and "pro" tuning stages...
    i know there are a lot of mods that do this kind of stuff and i use and enjoy them and they make me enjoy AC a lot more, but something more official (and probably more realistic) would be sweet.

i know this won'T happen, as it was said before, laser-scanned track creation is tedious and not very lucrative (also it is probably almost impossible to actually get into contract with japanese track owners?) , but AC already seems like the go to sim for the crazy drift-fanboys, why not embrace it! ha...

8. Orne

Orne Alien

I agree completely. For example if iRacing was a one time payment, sans monthly fee, I'd have no problem paying $10 to $15 per track. Same goes for Assetto Corsa. I have no problems paying more for quality tracks.

Tomcul likes this.
  9. Most all of us 'regulars' would, but even if we each bought two we still aren't but a drop in the bucket of the actual AC user base. According to SteamDB over 80000 players fired up AC in the last two weeks on PC.

10. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

And Classic Circuit Charade too (Circuit Clermont-Ferrand) :)

11. Orne

Orne Alien

There is a version of yamanashi Sportsland floating around the Net that seems pretty good to me. I think if Zandvoort can be as good as it is without laser scanning then a drift track should be that much easier to create by hand and be quite close to the real thing

deci likes this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'd be happy to find out about most desired classic circuits. If I was not so busy now, I'd probably make a poll.

Anybody can write a PM what are your favorite non-modern - classic, or historic circuits, IMO would be interesting to make a poll later.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think we know the answers... ;)

Spa
    Oesterreich Ring
    Monaco
    Watkins
    Le Mans
    Rouen
    Reims
    Fuji

An historic Nordschleife with the big jumps would be great also but an insane amount of work. The modern laser scan elevation data could make it very accurate though.

I'm excluding tracks like Monza that we already have and others like Brands and Ricard that haven't changed that much.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  14. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Historic circuits are like historic cars. Everybody wants them, nobody drives them.

15. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

who is doing The Glen? Heading there this weekend for the Six Hrs race, yeah baby!!

Justray2000 likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Historic content is just like modern content, sometimes servers gets full, sometimes not, I see no difference between classics and modern cars/tracks.

17. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I do notice a difference. I think most want to relate to something actual. It's not random that a ton of Le Mans servers pop up at mid-june. People want to watch the real stuff and see how they can do themselves in a sim.

If I was a modder I wouldn't waste resources on pieces of tarmac that don't exist anymore. Just an opinion.

Tim Meuris, Darkone55 and PhenOm like this.
  18. Orne

Orne Alien

Last I heard @LilSki was working on modern Watkins Glen although I've not seen any updates. Perhaps he is working secretively in his track building lab at an undisclosed location !! HAHA