1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What are Kunos next track plans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think it's easy to underestimate the effort Kunos puts into getting these tracks right.

Silverstone 67 is awesome imo.

2. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Please send him to oculist.

3. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

The lack of tracks is the bigger lack in AC to me, over the missing features. This severely impacts the online racing, same few combos..
    One suggestion:
    Kunos leverages the welcome/info page in the UI to introduce a download link for a mod-tracks pack.
    Like the 10 best tracks from the mod scene. Just to give a push, for all the users who don't care/trust the mods.
    Now that AC is mature, it would be a way to acknowledge/thank the greatest modders.
    And it could populate more the online.

4. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Good idea, but I'm afraid it could only be fictional content due to licensing issues.

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Why reinvent the wheel when there is already Steam Workshop with ratings, number of subscribers, auto update, etc.
    Can handle all 3rd party content, cars, tracks, skins, apps.
    Why rF2 can utilize it and AC not?

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Just go and download from RaceDepartment, is it hard to do ?

Fat-Alfie and TheReaper GT like this.
  7. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

8. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

As much as I love this idea, that Rf2 workshop is a ticking bomb. The amount of license breaching items there is huge.

Mogster likes this.
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

How do you keep them up to date, also would be nice to have all my mods installed when I reinstall AC? Download speed on RD is not that great either.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes and no. It requires extra effort and that's the reason why many players have the option activated to not show servers featuring content they don't have.
    With Steam workshop, that becomes unnecessary, at least partly.

11. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

It doesn't take any longer to peruse RD for mods than it does the workshop. You get email alerts when mods you've downloaded are updated. Speed of the downloads is perfectly fine, I've never heard anyone complain about it once in 3 years until today.

If you're looking for reasons to justify a complaint, as with any situation in life you can find some. If you're truly interested in getting some mod content into your game, it's hard to imagine it being a whole lot more straightforward than it is. I guess it's all about priorities.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I just don't like that idea of workshops and thats it.

I don't like rF2 workshops... I feel taken away from modding because of them. I really loved to go to rfactorcentral.com, and download mods for rFactor1, it always felt really nice. Now as there are workshops, it just gets the mods to you, zero feelings, you don't even really notice what you get.

I always love to look up for AC mods in racedepartment.com, feels like you really pick an item, then bring it home (download it lol), install and launch it with zero effort anyway. Workshops would make it brainless, would take bit of soul away, too much automatic.

If people find it too hard, too complicated just to simply download the mod from centralised website, place and extract the file, then they would find how to complain about workshops anyway: "OMG" it took me 10 minutes to download all the cars and track of the server, and it turned out to be bad quality, never going to use workshops ever again"

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  13. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

I still download mods for rfactor 2 from RD. And still have to find the mods I like on workshop and subscribe to have them downloaded. The best thing about the workshop is the fact that it keeps your mods up to date without the work of deleting stuff, replacing stuff.
    The one thing I don't like about the rFactor 2 approach to workshop is the official content delivered as mods through it. Official content should come through product updates.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It is not just rFactor2, Steam Workshop is a tool put in place on the purpose, why not utilize it as everyone else. You can have in game marketplace if you have resources to develop and support it but why?

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Steam Workshop uninstalls my rFactor2 Mods if they get removed from the platform, and without notice. I don't like that.

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Because for AC most of the mods would be using IPs or content from other games without permission.

Just because you aren't charging for the stuff directly doesn't make it legal.

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

That is the way it is today? At least on Steam you can report the mod and have it removed.
    http://store.steampowered.com/about/communitymods/
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop

I bet if Kunos adds support for Steam Workshop everyone will be screaming with joy, including all naysayers here.

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes that's the way it is... welcome to 2017.

I don't really have any problem downloading tracks from RD and having it there keeps all that stuff completely separate from the official content.

19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I think one way to make mod tracks more popular on MP public servers would be to add an "info" button to each server listed, so the server admins can put the links to download tracks cars ini files etc. on that info page (which is at the moment the "welcome page" that you see after joining) plus other info. This way you can get all the stuff you need with a few clicks before joining a server, no need to search for it or try to understand what's going on. I find it a bit weird that you see the welcome page of a MP server only after joining, I'd much prefer to see it before choosing that server so I can get all the info I need before loading the whole thing and maybe get automatically kicked because i'm missing some content or stuff.

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

What do you mean... If you mean the visual quality of said mod tracks.. in fact some of them surpass that of Zandvoort. But opinions are like you know what