1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your favorite cars from the new pack?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, May 18, 2016.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Yesterday I drove the Miata and the GT86 back-to-back around Mills Metro Short. This comparison video pretty much hits the nail on the head and I prefered the Miata hands down.

2. So far I only tried the stock ND (great fun online), the Cup version (quite a bit stiffer and imo waaay more fun and rewarding) and the Skyline (after driving the Miatas it was somehow shocking to feel that weight and that power and at the first corner I was like "Somebody please stop this thing, it doesn't brake!").
    Great pack so far, this weekend I'll be in Sanremo to participate with my Miata to a classic and modern car meeting on the roads that hosted the eponymous rally, but as soon as I get home I'll try the rest of the pack.
    Awesome job as usual Kunos, I'm so glad that the best sim around is entirely made in Italy!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  3. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

BenC, could you please write a few words about overall "feeling" of the car in game compared to IRL? The way it turns, the weight transfer, the traction etc.
    I know that this all might depend of tires, track surface, but anyway... Thanks.

Kristaps and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I was having fun in the 370Z until I tried the modified RX7 :). I'm more impressed with the new racing ability of the AI, such clean and fair racing as captured in a couple of quick races below (probably more a comment on the latest patch than the pack I know). The game now runs flawlessly for me in full UHD, looking and sounding fabulous.

The steering feel and feedback in Assetto remains the highlight for me, each car feels real and also unique which is a remarkable achievement. The best of the current sims by some distance for me. I'm hoping they've nailed the console version too where I know a few more people to race in multiplayer.

5. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

@Aristotelis , is the AE-86 Tuned version is based on the N2 specs?

6. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Yup, go for Ford. Best handling cars from popular manufacturers.

7. phizz

phizz Simracer

Had a corsa c and it did 150k km without major issues. Pretty reliable cars imo. Don't really know why they have so many haters.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

don`t take us seriously :) .. we have one in family and from 2 times I borrowed it it only broke once (but I blame bad italian drivers for that .. Opel just run out of patience and broke as a protest) .. all good ;) and to be fair I had 20 years old Skoda and it broke once too :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Not quite an answer but I like the GT40 best...

I skipped DP2 originally cause the GT40 and the Countach are the only parts that appealed to me, but since it went on sale I figured for $5, 2 cars is worthwhile.

The Supra and RX7 are about equally nice. Not as big on the AE86 (sounds) and 370Z (handling). The R34 is obviously just weird. It handles like the idea of a car - turn the wheel and it will run a circle of a certain radius, hit the throttle and it speeds up. Normal cars do all sorts of interacting things, like if you hit the throttle while turning they'll understeer or oversteer, the R34 just does the same thing you were already doing but faster.

Didn't spend a lot of time in the Miata yet, it's pretty much what I expected though. The cup version reminds me of the m235i (off-throttle sounds, I think)

aphidgod and AccAkut like this.
  10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

This sums up the R34 perfectly. It made me laugh not only because it was funny to read but also because it's true.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Not quite sure what you are getting at there, Marty. Isn't it obvious what I mean?

12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nope, that would need also 3D model modifications and the glorious 11000rpm engine. Although the engine parts are still available to buy from TRD, the price is so high that almost nobody in the tuning scene does it. Putting the 5valve engine on and tuning it to around 190-200bhp at around 8000rpm, is much more reliable and cost efficient so that's what we simulate

Vel, Glaurung, shaolin-g and 2 others like this.
  13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Speaking of AE86 I think it's my favourite car from the pack, I need more time in all of them but the AE86 Tuned is the only one that gave me that "oh snap it's so awesome" when I was driving it on the 'Ring. Almost 1 minute slower on SV than the GT86 (comparing with older build GT86 time) but the driving experience is not even comparable.

On the other hand the 370Z is just boring, I mean it has so much traction that I didn't even try to drive it on SM.

It took me couple laps to get the hang of the R34 steering characteristic, but man the sound. The best sounding car in the pack.

Speaking of the best sounding car it instantly got me thinking about the car that has the weakest sound from the pack, I'm sorry to say but Supra is that car.
    I was scared at first that I will have hard time with it on lower gears with full throttle, turned out I could hold some drifts without that much of a hassle.
    Tuned version... that's another story and it's crazy with 100% boost. Not crazy to the Gallardo S3 point where you spend most of the time off throttle, but crazy enough to be gentle with the throttle without actually killing the experience. It also nicely reminded me of the fact that LS Nordschleife lets you really feel all the smallest bumps and that the track knowledge and where those bumps are is crucial to remain car control.

MX-5 Cup has just unlimited amounts of grip and I had the impression that it doesn't even care about temperature, it's still grippy as hell. Probably low power is what making that big impression, because I couldn't believe where I could brake. Also when you are able to drive flat out in Mutkurve your (well at least mine) first thought is "wow so much grip", then it turns out you are just going so slow because of no powah! ;)
    I liked the standard MX-5 better, probably because no slicks.

RX-7 was cool but I didn't get any "wow" or "meh" impression, solid car and not boring like 370Z, but I still didn't get any emotions out of it that I could describe here. Haven't tried the Tuned version, yet.

Important thing is that these are still very fresh impressions, for example I did only one or two laps in the standard MX-5 or like I already said with Tuned RX-7. I definitely need much more time in all the cars to better understand them. Also need to change my playground ('Ring) at some point. ;)
    Did couple races on Silverstone National in the Supra though and it was mega fun.

Wanted to say something about AE86, ended up with wall of text. :oops:

14. Awesome. Thanks for that write up!

Kick as* man! Thanks for that writeup! Nice job on the records!

suprman likes this.
  15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Is it me or does mx5 keep exactly equal temp values across tyre (in, mid, out)? Default setup. In those few laps temps were rising but always the same on inner, mid and outer part of a tyre.
    I did clean installation after testing cause ffb and missing nose cam sounds so I'll check later.. But if somebody has that too, might be bug

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

I was actually pleasantly surprised by 370z, it's a car that never really interested me but I was pretty gobsmacked by it's performance, I wasn't expecting it to perform that good. It has got mountains of traction.

17. I have now driven all of the cars in the Japanese Pack, and I can confirm my preliminary findings. Best DLC Pack ever. All of the cars are a joy to drive (yes, even that Skyline with the rather strange AWS system). You have excelled even your own massively high standards, Kunos. I salute you all as the greatest software development team in the history of computers. There will be lots of bowing and general grovelling in front of the altar tonight :cool:

18. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Best thing in the pack by far for me is the standard RX-7. Been having a blast in that thing. Joint second would be the MX-5 (both versions), and the R34 coming in 3rd. I`ll be giving the standard Supra a good shot at some point, as I would like to like that car.

Not a fan of the others at all really, especially the drift and step versions.

19. SirJack

SirJack Racer

My beloved likes the 370Z very much...got her driving today :)

20. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

I'm pleasantly surprised by the stock Supra, thought it would handle like a boat (I know the acceleration and brake figures were superb back in the days, but cornering I did not know). Ran it for a few Nordschleife laps online this afternoon.