1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your favorite cars from the new pack?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, May 18, 2016.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

@Vel , take it as a challenge to yourself, and realize you're going to be slower than in a LHD for a while. When I tried to immediately drive at the limit, hotlaps, I ran into trouble. Start with some relaxed, "spirited motoring" until you get more comfortable with the cars' placement.

Vel and Seria17hri11er like this.
  2. Are we talking about real world cars here? There is no difference between LHD and RHD cars in AC, unless you take it to extremes by swapping the position of the gear shifter from one side of the steering wheel to the other. I guess doing that makes it super authentic, but that still leaves me to deal with the office chair on wheels, and the slippers acting as racing boots o_O

Dessu likes this.
  3. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

you know IRL the first big issue is to find the seatbelt, it took a couple of minutes of swearing before realizing i was searching it on the wrong side

Seria17hri11er and Vel like this.
  4. dr47watson

dr47watson Gamer

The things that stick out as traits of the actual car that I notice in AC are:

The steering feel - by which I mean the ratio and how the steering effort changes as you turn the wheel and also how it changes with the dynamic state of the car.
    There's a twitch to the rear end as the car settles following turn-in that shows up in AC as well as IRL.
    The power delivery and accompanying sound feel right and in AC you hear that rotary two-strokeish note under the turbo noise a little more than IRL, which is cool becuase it reminds you just how different this car is to everything else.
    Overall the car in AC feels lightweight as in IRL. You have to drive the heavier cars to really sense this, and the even lighter race cars to give you a sense of how the range of light weight and low inertia feel in AC. Try the modern GTR and the Lotus 25 to feel the extremes. The RX7 model fits right where a real one feels in these terms.
    One thing you don't get is how cramped the cockpit is for tall people with helmets on. There's a lot more headroom in my home office!

Pic of the LSx RX: [​IMG] http://imgur.com/0TsyTkl

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I bet you can fix that seating position with aftermarket bucket seat and steering wheel + spacers

6. Vel

Vel Simracer

Yeah. That's sort of the plan really. Give it time. Haven't necessarily been trying to push the limits of speed/times either. Silly issues occur when driving into the pits, or out onto the Nords tourist at the beginning.

Seria17hri11er and arthur666 like this.
  7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Another amazing combo, 370z is definatelly my favorite from the pack

ZethGAF likes this.
  8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

My first favorite on the pack was the stock RX-7. It's so nimble and balanced, for that sound, and the lack of TC that makes the car surprisingly playful, but the power still isn't enough to make me swear for TC. Both the 370Z and Supra drive really good and forgiving, but the R34, despite being my favorite poster car on this pack, was the last I to find my preference after a session with all cars in Nords (as less aggressive driving seems to highlight corner entry understeer). But after trying it in the Nurburgring Sprint Time attack I'm converted (argh, 5480 points, dang!). Given a good amount of track, it's a joy to throw it around slow corners, going to power a bit too soon and let the electronics do their magic on those long 4 wheel slides where the car keeps responding to the direction input as if it was going straight. It's completely unique in this game.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  9. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

I'm loving the 370z still, just so good to drive. Just wished we had a step version or a GT Academy race car version.

[​IMG]

10. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

seems like this car doesn't really like trailbraking, try to brake earlier and do corners on power

AlleyViper likes this.
  11. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

i was referring to the r34

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes. I can quite readily adapt from driving on the right in rl and on the left in AC it seems.

Although I'd still like the option to drive from the right but as in rl you can adapt quite quickly to lid or rhd in the sim. The wailing and gnashing of teeth over having a few rhd cars in the sim for once is quite amusing to read though I must admit ;)