1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02e06

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nahkamarakatti, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

:eek: TMI! LOL

2. tabis

tabis Simracer

I miss Boris Becker there :rolleyes:

Maradona my hero, yeah ;)

3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

What!? I had really good humidifier. ;):oops:

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. A little disappointed in his thoughts on setups. Time and time again I get let down by developers that start to cater to the masses. And because I have an attention span lasting longer than 5 minutes, and don't have a need for instant gratification, I'm the one losing out. Not just in AC, but in all genres. The casual gamer doesn't want this, the casual gamer can't be bothered to study a bit, the casual gamer doesn't want to lose. Don't they have enough games to choose from?

Tim Meuris, kevje, RedLoto and 6 others like this.
  5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It's just an option.

6. esox71

esox71 Alien

So what is it that few guys have a problem with? The ability to make your server default setups?

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

If you don't want to play with setups then there are always the road cars with limited setup options. If you choose to drive a race car then expect to lose out to people that have spent time producing a setup that works for them and their driving style. Setups are part of racing.

I don't understand why people think forcing the default setup is some great equaliser. The default setup will suit some people and not others, mainly the fast guys will still be fast...

8. nonnex

nonnex Alien

I would bet if the setups would be (theroretically) simplified, then the same ppl. will rant because its simplified or will find another thing like: "Why there can be choosed different componds?", because it's too complicated... But in the same time (maybe) asking about endless visual crap like 20 different rims, wings, turbo even if the engine has a compressor ;), and and and...

Well ok, the level of personal abilities are different...

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and Hans Meier like this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Wonder why most other sims have fixed setup servers?

10. nonnex

nonnex Alien

We will get fixed setups so you can count AC to "Most" in a few days.
    PS: As far as I know.

11. mms

mms Alien

One thing I don't understand is that each time they offer a new optional feature (this time fixed setups), some guys jump on and say "we don't need it because I don't like it". I really don't get this attitude, just because you don't like something why do you want to deny it to other people who like it? :confused:

12. What i think would be good would be for kunos to offer the factory setup , the a high speed track setup a technical track setup and one half way between the 2 .I think people who cant create setups would be able to see the difference between them and learn and tweak to their desire.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  13. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Thats it. Welcome. Even if its "optional" some ppl. won't like it, just because its there, never mind if its optionally.
    Sometimes I think (mindplay) this is the type of crowd that needs to be dictated to save them from choosing an option...
    Or in other words: "Everybody has the right to be ruled". lol

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  14. I have nothing against this kind of optional features as long as you can see it before joining the server.

esox71 and Leemstradamus like this.
  15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Ruf vs F40
    with forced street 90' tires
    on green or slow grip level + low track temp
    4 or 5 laps at the Ring, so the refuel is needed

only problem - nobody wants that:(

16. Hans Meier

Hans Meier Racer

Me want this :) But refueling dosent work on the Nordschleife without the GP. You can force Street tyres allready. Just the Turbo settings stops us from puting this together correctly. And there is an option to force the RUF driver's to not use 100% Turbo. If you set the Fuelconsumtion up right they have to organize theyre Boost settings or Refuel once more then the Ferrari drivers ;) Allready had such Race's and suddenly i was in the Ruf and had to do 2 Stops Instead of 1.

17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

This isn't that often the case if they "offer" the feature, but I'm often bringing arguments against a feature while it's in wishlist-state = during the discussion before Kunosh has decided, not sure if that qualifys myself for an answer to your question.

My why #1:
    Sometimes (even optional) features smell like they aren't a good idea overall. This community tends to shout quick things without thinking too much about it.
    Examples: Forced (instead of default) mirror, forced cockpit cam, no-in-race-join, stuff like this. Didn't make anything better for a majority in my opinion.

#2:
    Every feature has the cost of another feature, given the limited time. So maybe if somebody is against feature X, he just would like to see Y done first. It's not even relevant if he likes or dislikes X here.

Both are valid expressions of a healthy, constructive discussion. Unfortunately the one side is easily misunderstood.

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

F40 is ~1sec a lap faster vs RuF on 100% boost
    tested multiple times on Minolin Nurb. GP server

19. Hans Meier

Hans Meier Racer

Whuuuuat :S But this must be the Track. I think on Tracks with longer straights the RUF is gonna ripp Ferrari Laptimes appart.

20. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Monza RSR wr's
    F40 - 1:58:229
    RUF - 1:58:412

esox71 likes this.