1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02e06

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nahkamarakatti, Sep 19, 2015.

1. mms

mms Alien

Even if it's about a feature on the wish-list, I have no problems with people expressing their opinion about it, but arguing that it shouldn't be done just because they don't like it, especially when it's an optional one that does not prevent them to enjoy the features they already have and like, I just don't get it... It's just selfish and not fair to the rest of the people that like that feature.

How would you feel if the 90% of the AC players that don't like / use MP convinced Kunos to drop the MP, just because they don't like it?

2. Hans Meier

Hans Meier Racer

Spa RSR WR's the Ruf is 0.6 seconds Faster. So im defnetly wrong with the "taking appart" but it seem to depend on the Track....

3. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Am I missing a filter option or something?
    These are the spa times:
    F40 - 2:35:323
    RUF - 2:37:071

And I double checked to make sure I didn't accidentally click the stage 3. You also have to consider the driver and small sample size, not just the car and track.

4. Hans Meier

Hans Meier Racer

Dont know what we do diffrent...

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRL...controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRL...controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

5. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Those links are only considering an outdated version of AC. To view all of the times just click rank, instead of mousing over it an clicking rankHistory in the drop down. It isn't clear that clicking on the red buttons takes you to a different page, it could use a design change.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Hans Meier likes this.
  6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Hmm, my childhood car posters were an F40 and a Pontiac Firebird. Kunos, you know what to do ....

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

You're right regarding the forced mirror option. We forced it on in the Spa server, arguably the one server that needs it most and I got a wave of complaints and took it off.

But the option to stop people from joining during race wasn't implemented well at all. It should allow you to join the server but not join the race. Or at least tell you how many laps are remaining in the lobby before clicking for 20 minutes waiting for a race.

So yes, sometimes the community gets it wrong but sometimes Kunos don't understand what the community is asking for, or they can't do it and give us what they think is the next best thing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  8. Maybe they are trying the feature to force sth by the server and didn't come up with anything else usefull than virtual mirror, but yeah, that's a bs feature

Sent using Tapatalk

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I noticed that having Virtual Mirror in Online races improves my racing vs opponent cars. Much more than a track map does, I turned that off, except in practice and qualify. But for race just virtual mirror. The red arrows are also helpful. So both of them can tell me that an opponent is on my side, and I need to keep my line without cutting him off. I occasionally also use the look left/right/back buttons.
    But all this to say, without realizing, virtual mirror forced on improves your race Online. However this doesn't prevent Monza T1 wreck fest, because the problem is deeper than that. And is about people wanting to all be 1cm from the car in front, without realizing that you need to give space and brake earlier, so you give space to those ahead to drive the chicane successfully. But all the time people bumping each other, and they don't consider the car damage will influence the car speed and handling.

TCLF and esox71 like this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

True and it's probably they nuggets that want VM off.
    You kinda need it for close racing...I know I know..." I race all the time close and don't use it"
    Single screen it's best to use it for your fellow racers safety, triples not so much.

TCLF and Hagen like this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yep I assume triple screens (or a very wide resolution) usually have clear visibility to the car's side and internal mirrors and VM is not a necessity. While single screen users with between 40 and 60 fov, only the virtual mirror can be visible because the rest is obstructed since the monitor/resolution is not wide enough.

Hagen and esox71 like this.
  12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I think a better way should be "default on" and not "forced on".
    @Quffy I also use Helicorsa radar app and it helps a lot in those close calls like Monza T1.

Hagen, Minolin, TDS and 1 other person like this.
  13. I use it, but as said, forcing it on won't guarantee you better racing

Sent using Tapatalk

Kristaps and TDS like this.
  14. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah, my helicorsa is right under my VM:)

15. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

In my opinion it's exactly as selfish as promoting a feature.

Upper management with corresponding rhetorical education, or just enough internet experience? I'd guess the latter, based on the missing adjustment to your discussion partner ;) No offense, though.
    You compare future features in discussions with a core component that is in the product for a long time. But honestly, if the community really could convince Kunos to drop the MP, I think they had really good arguments so I would probably convinced as well.

This.
    When Kunosh is convinced that a feature will improve AC big times, it's incredibly well done. 100% understood, totally thought through.
    When Kunosh just reacts to the crowd so they stop shouting "XY needs to be improved", it isn't done with the same dedication and passion. It's done so a new XY feature is there, just as they asked.

So: At least as long things aren't decided (by Kunosh), I will see it as a valid contribution to disagree from time to time. And btw often I don't really disagree, but think it's worth to note a disadvantage as well.

16. esox71

esox71 Alien

Who is Kunosh? It's Kunos, you just pronounce it "Kunosh":p

nate and Minolin like this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yeah, but not that many people know.
    Doing it wrong will draw attention to this detail ;)

esox71 likes this.
  18. /aɪ / /əˈɡriː/

Sent using Tapatalk

19. elyess

elyess Racer

Wait if kunos drop multiplayer can we get refund?

20. mms

mms Alien

In my opinion it's not the same thing to promote a feature that is planned anyways, and arguing against one.
    I'd guess either... I'm sorry if you took this personally, it was not targeting you at all, I appreciate what you're doing for the community, and don't consider you a selfish person.

And you got me wrong, I probably didn't expressed myself correctly, I was actually referring to the good old early access times when MP was not considered a core feature (by Kunos at least), and it was not confirmed whether it would actually make into the official version.

BTW, I'm a software developer like yourself and most Kunos guys, I really don't know where you came up with that upper management thing...

Seria17hri11er likes this.