1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Driving Views

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Diablo_rf, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What type of camera view are you using?

1. Interior

92.5%
  2. Exterior

3.6%
  3. I use both, depending of the situation

3.9%
  1. NinjaMark15

NinjaMark15 Gamer

Imho, if a good camera view is a cheat, then so is vr, load cells, and DD wheels. We gonna make server setting kicking these people out too? Oh wait, you don't heal toe....oh snap add that too.

2. Bonnet view, since GTR, graduated from helicam in NFS Porsche Unleashed.

Never had a 3 screen set up or rig or chassis to mount anything to. So pedals and wheels sometimes move... A lot.

It really doesn't matter what view I use, this is just the most convenient for the set up I have.

Pace is not determined by the view you use, or controller for that matter.

3. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

I sometimes use chase cam because I want to see the car models in their whole glory, but I use it only against AI.

4. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Alright, I rechecked a few cars using the helmet cam as a reference, with some cars it works with other it's almost impossible to get the same view as with the helmet cam (always using the same FOV).
    It's like the view is stretched with the helmet cam.

My request or idea would be an additional eye/head position option for every view, which automatically adapts the cam (height + distance) to that view point.
    This would be a very helpful and big step in terms of realism.

It wouldn't touch the userfriendly default settings and everybody who wants realismn would have a better experience and an easy setup possibility (no more guessing games). :)

5. Unfound19

Unfound19 Rookie

Cockpit cam! I can't race external with a wheel setup. Just feels off. Like I'm not connected to the car

Mogster and romandevision like this.
  6. Many including myself would argue that one but I personally will respect your opinion, for the sake of the thread.

7. That was my take on it too. Does not feel right in a sim while cockpit does not feel right in a game like GTA.

8. Unfound19

Unfound19 Rookie

I actually use the cockpit cam in GTA but with a control pad I don't find it as disjointed

9. Midnight Club I played in cockpit.
    Think it is the GTA scale and amount of cringy stuff going on around you that landed me in external.

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Of coarse,... using an external camera gives an "off" feeling, you are not in the correct position in the car to experience how a car actually rotates.

Before I had a FFB wheel, I always tried to sit as far back in the car as possible, for that reason.

11. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Hmmm, I don’t really see advantages of external view, I only race with cockpit and correct FOV and seat position, I don’t feel any disadvantages because of it and imo, cockpit cam and correct FOV gives huge advantage, further than that I am about to switch to VR

12. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

I like your idea for a eye/head position option to set the correct height and distance values. For the cockpit view since helmet view is already correct.
    Only adjustments needed would be the fov and the tilt function to get the horizon at your preferred position. And the movement settings to play with if you want to.

HomieFFM likes this.
  13. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Thank you :) The tilt adjustment would be actually pretty easy, you enable the virtual steeringwheel, rotate it to 90° and then you just match the top part of the steeringwheel with the virtual one :)

I think this view position thing is such an underrated topic, but it can make a really big difference. I hope they think about this feature.
    Since ACC goes the full Sim route in every possible aspect, this view feature would add something fundamental to it :)

14. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

You got some issues mate.

wiigriid, MTv, JanR and 4 others like this.
  15. popo87

popo87 Simracer

Servers need a mechanism to force players ti use a type of camera. All with It. My 2 cents. I use pad with esterior cam.

wiigriid likes this.
  16. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

seriously, get a life

17. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

I tested this recently (I play with a PS4 controller BTW), I was faster when using the cockpit camera, chase cam made it harder to get a sense of how much steering input I was using. With the cockpit view I felt more confident, and was overall smoother.

SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  18. Speaking of nice things,
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/forum-rules.3/

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I find chase cam disorientating somehow, I just over correct constantly. In any title with remotely realistic handling I stick to cockpit view, even stuff like Dirt and Horizons. I can deal with 3rd person driving in Halo type games but I’m using the keyboard then.

I used to race 1/10 RC back in the day, you’d think I’d prefer external driving...

20. spaceweed10

spaceweed10 Racer

In a 'sim', only cockpit view should be allowed whilst racing - I have never seen a racing driver sitting on the bumper/bonnet/roof/boot to drive.