1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Release 1.3.1x

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Günthar Rowe, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Hi everyone. I've been driving the 2019 Porsche around Barcelona for the last couple of days and after the 1.3.10 patch my average times went up from 1:45 to almost 1:47 on the same setup (I've been using a default safe on this track). I noticed that values for TC and ABS have been reduced by half on the safe setup making it way less safe :)
    Are there any big setup changes besides this, or does the new bumpstop calculation make such a big difference. Can't get my head around this..

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So many updates yet the entire MP lobby is still functionally broken when using it in Australia. Fingers crossed 1.4 finally fixes this otherwise we can assume this is as good as it will ever get and its miles behind pretty much any MP lobby setup I have seen in any other game ever. Filters do SFA lobby flooded with huge latency servers, the CP server window has never worked and quick join puts you in one of those 300ms+ servers so as I say functionally broken for anyone in our part of the world where the game has been for sale since Feb 22, 2018 :oops:

Captain Barracuda and Coanda like this.
  3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

and we no longer have 1.3.10, gone :p:p:p

Maciej Balauszko likes this.
  4. True, but this is just a tiny update with no change to physics. I'll do some driving in the evening to check if anything has changed for me.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@martcerv - ... and still no word from the devs on this one.. :confused::( A few of us (yourself included) have been pretty vocal on this for a year or so now and because of the recent increase in server activity scrolling up and down is getting longer and longer.. Which is a good thing that ACC is healthy however our server options are slim in Australia and I can't tell how many times I have missed out on participating due to this, therefore my only option is to then jump on a high ping server on a track I probably did not want to race on..

I seriously do not understand why it is so difficult to sort the list of based on your user weighting preferences.. If they can not deliver on what they set out to do then at least give us some basic sorts/filters like any other server browser would have.. Come on it's not rocket science and you guys are super smart..

fingers X for 1.4..

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Günthar Rowe and martcerv like this.
  6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Could be really helpful to indicate where you want to let someone pass. Doing it via the chat while fighting with a different car can be quite messy.

Edit: And will be absolutely mandatory if we get GT3/GT4/Cup multiclass racing. Also need a new wheel at that point. My two button G25 won't cut it anymore than.

7. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

have you tried VoiceAttack? It´s supposed to help with that, assigning a voice command to execute a keystroke

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. SlowLarry

SlowLarry Gamer

Anyone else had a 4.8GB update? It was already patched up till 1.3.10...

(JoeDirt??) likes this.
  9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

yup

10. Yeah me too .Maybe 1.4 is hidden in their.

11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

What? Via chat? Mandatory for multiclass racing???? What?! :D

What I'm saying is there's no need to notify someone that you're gonna let them pass. Just pull off line and let them pass.

12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

But if you let the other driver know before, you loose maybe a second. If you don't it usually takes some time until the other driver realizes that he's supposed to pass and you loose a lot of time, effectively ruining your own and his fights. Often happens.

To me this would be very important for considerate and respectful online racing.

AndyK70 and f.e.negroni like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Indicators are quite useful if you for example when you are damaged and limping back to pit, you can use both as hazard lights. In qualy if your clearly doing your best to stay out of the way when on out laps you can pick a side and also indicate to let the guy know where you are going, if under blue flags its not really needed but can help along with basic car positioning.

Its not something you really need to do much of and in 99% of cases with slower cars especially if they simply stick to their normal line then you can make a clear easy pass assuming they aren't intending on blocking you.

I assume @Mr.Mugel meant via voice chat on discord for example (surely not txt chat, I don't see chat while in car and would never use that :eek: ) the last thing needed in a big server is lots of chatter on the voice channel about where to pass, get 50+ cars and this will be 5 times per lap at least and simple car positioning with predictable lines/moves work best. The indicator can help but its also easy to have it stuck on and not realize in some cars where its not so obvious on the dash.

14. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

In fact you don´t have to pull off line ;)

AndyK70 and eracerhead like this.
  15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Yeah, maybe if you're limping back to pits, but even then it's not necessary.

And if you lose a second by letting someone pass you, you're doing something very wrong.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  16. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I use VoiceAttack too. I used to just say “go/pass left” and a chat message to that effect popped up. But then I reasoned that someone setting me up for an overtake isn’t going to be reading the chat, and I don’t want to distract him at that point anyway.

So I’ve recently mapped my indicators to those same voice calls so that particular indicator shows instead. It’s much more noticeable (IMO) to a closing driver, and I don’t have to make any super-obvious moves* that slow me down too much.

*according to GT rules moving over isn’t required; the guy ahead needs to stay predictable and it’s up to the guy behind to find a safe gap. I’ve had many crashes and near-misses because a lapped driver decides to put his car in the same spot where I’m planning to overtake him.

AndyK70 likes this.
  17. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I can´t find a youtube clip but I´m almost certain real drivers use them.

18. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Could you elaborate a bit more, because I´m having issues with that. or private message if you like.

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Maybe on the Nordschleiffe. Other than that I've never seen them used during a race, but I could be wrong.

iRacing is well know for its multiclass racing and guess what, there are no blinkers in iRacing. Some people have a button bound to 'Pass left' and 'Pass right' but that's more distracting than helpful.

I say again, there's zero need for blinkers. I will never notify anyone of where I will go other than by placing my car in a way that lets the guy behind be able to overtake me without danger.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  20. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

yeah that could be another issue, the blinkers being hard to notice depending on graphics settings.