1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Release 1.3.1x

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Günthar Rowe, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Is there a way to turn off the predictive lap time?

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I understand your feeling.. 1.4 is my last hope..

3. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Seems like I’m defending their use when the reality is I’ve only mapped them myself in the last couple of days and I’ve only ever seen one or two people using them on track. Maybe they’re not worth the trouble, it seems.

The point above is acknowledged, but I’d say that - along with driving predictably as a backmarker - you’d use indicators at a point on track where it’s painfully obvious what you mean. I would not, for instance, use them when approaching a corner as that’d be interpreted as if it was on the street.

But if I’m just entering a straight, hugging the left side of the track and you’re coming up behind me, I would think you’d guess that a right blinker indicates that I’m giving you the right side.

I suppose in a lapping situation, it’s also incumbent on the overtaking driver to communicate his intention as well. I know it’s customary to ride right up behind someone to catch a draft, but it does tend to force the slower car to react esp. when the closing rate is high. Most times that’s not what you want, and so maybe folks need to start peeking out earlier.

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Don't do that. If you're gonna lift, do it off the racing line. People behind you might see you turn on your blinker and think you will move over to the right but then get confused because they see they're closing in on you really fast but you don't move over.
    Never lift on the racing line on a straight. This also means you don't have to use your blinker at all, because he sees you pull off the racing line. That's more than enough notification needed.

iVG likes this.
  5. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I didn’t say a thing about lifting. If I’m being lapped I’m clearly slower already.

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Even easier, then you have to do nothing at all :p

7. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

CP servers are not working since update.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

9. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

Does anybody have any suggestions I can try to fix the uneven suspension settings in some default setups?

For example, the Huracan default aggressive setup for Hungaroring shows unevenness between the left/right front suspension and the spacing between the red/yellow lines are different.

I've tried what was suggested in the release notes " we advise to check your old setups by clicking at least once on the ride height and then controlling bumpstop window in the setup!" but nothing I do seems to change anything.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

In the setup .json, search for 'rodlength'. The first 2 numbers are for the front, second 2 for the rear.

EsxPaul likes this.
  11. Si.

Si. Simracer

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I disagree with what he says. If you're gonna lift while you're on a straight, there's no reason to stay on the racing line. This makes it completely clear to the guy behind you're letting him go. If you have someone behind you and you lift on a straight, the guy behind might not understand what's happening.

I agree there's no need for indicators, that's what I've been saying in my previous posts.

iVG and LATE4APEX like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id say never ever lift too early if on the racing line and the car behind is also on the racing line, if the car lapping you has moved inside showing that's clearly where they are going and nobody else is close and directly behind then lifting early is a good option if you want the other car to make the pass before turn in.

OldFart and After_Midnight like this.
  14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Ofcourse there's situations where it's better to lift and let the faster cars go by.
    If you're miles behind the guy in front of you and the leader (who is a lot faster than you) is 1 second behind you with p2 2 seconds behind him and you approach Maggots and Beckets in the closing stages of the race, would you stay on the racing line and prevent him from carrying his normal speed through that section, meaning p2 will be able to catch him? No, ofcourse not.

Aside from that, we were talking about situations in which some people for some reason use indicators. If you're gonna lift to let someone pass you on a straight, don't do it on the racing line.

15. since the 3.11 update has anyone else had a loss of perceived grip, what seems like by half of what was there before update. Can't get tyres hooked up, when the tyres where loaded in a corner you could steer and lean on them but now can't lean on them and just alot of slide from front and rear. Have been using the only kunos setups. Thanks.

Günthar Rowe likes this.
  16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yes people also need to consider aerodynamics which negatively impacts the chasing car and could lead to it having a slower than usual corner exit, in which case a lift on the straight by the car being lapped , off the racing line is the right thing to do.

17. Si.

Si. Simracer

Are you using saved versions of Kunos setups with your own tyre temps, fuel etc. or picking the default safe/aggressive setup each time? If the former go back to the default kunos setup and try that as changes in 3.10 affected bump stops. I don’t believe anything in 3.11 would affect setups significantly.

18. Si.

Si. Simracer

In my view it’s more predictable and safer to do a slight lift, overtaking a slower car is natural. I got wiped out a Brands the other day because someone moved too late, they were more in the middle of the track, I was on the racing line and had room to go past on the left but they moved left last minute when there was no need to move at all. I could have gone either side but was already on the left. It could have been deliberate though.

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Well, you're not supposed to move over if the car behind you is close to you, that's just inexperience.

I'll name another reason why not to lift on the racing line on a straight.
    You're in an endurance race and get a blue flag. The car behind you is approaching his pit window and is setting up his pit strategy so not closely paying attention to what you do. All of a sudden you're in an accident.
    No one expects you to slow down on the racing line while on a straight, don't do it. Pull off the racing line so to make it clear to the person ahead you're letting him go.

20. Si.

Si. Simracer

That’s not really valid though is it, if you have an accident because you’re not paying attention then you’re to blame, in the same way if you ran into the back of someone while messing with the Radio in your car. We’re also not talking a significant lift here, no different to just overtaking a slower car. We’ll just have to beg to differ on this.