1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public beta" 1.0.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

the same advantages as you get over using your wheel on your desktop - it's a million times easier to navigate

2. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

Well I can now see my trust and BWP for each session when I hover over the graph. I couldn't do that before. I mostly use the steering wheel buttons though as I find it easier. Some people were asking for it so I guess its there as an option.

eracerhead likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

patterns are good, it's what makes the world go around :)

DiRTMark likes this.
  4. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

Spent nearly 2 hours in online races and no crashes or problems at all. 1.0.2.

kingkabong likes this.
  5. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

I updated to 1.0.2 last night...

Ive just opened Steam and another 402MB update came through... Still showing 1.0.2 though .

neddyie116 and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

same here however 373 mb update... :cool:

[​IMG]

D.Jankovic likes this.
  7. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

yes another 373mb for me too

8. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

I have build 3900858...any changes?

9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

For anyone who isn't sure how to check the build number, just right-click on the game in Steam, select "Properties" and then go to the local files tab, see pic below.

I agree that a mouse is not a great way to control a driving sim. However, I'm not super-slow with a wheel and I've been soundly beaten in my LFS days by mouse racers, who were able to drive with a mouse more quickly than I would have believed possible - almost to the point of challenging the aliens who were using wheels. As far as I recall, LFS provided no AI-type assistance for mouse steering.

Bottom line though: if ACC provides the option to use a mouse for steering, we should respect that, and of course it should work. They could have chosen to make a wheel mandatory, but they didn't.

Pic for build number:
    upload_2019-6-8_14-26-24.png

10. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Nice update thanks

11. Andy Bringolf

Andy Bringolf Rookie

Just about 1 1/2 hours ago I did report a crash with the 1.0.2 version where I have uploaded my log files. Now after some more patches I think the latest was 402.1 MB sorry can not tell you the version since I do not see it, but i would call it 1.0.2b I did the race like I did before also again at Barcelona and this time it did not crash.

not sure if it helps.

Andreas

You guys really rock to work hard on the weekend.

CPU: I7 7700K@4.9GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 | Memory: 16GB | Video: Zotac Gaming RTX 2080Ti | Nvidia Driver 430.86 | Wheel/Rims: Fanatec DD1 with F1 2019 wheel and latest software | Pedals: Fanatec V3

12. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Go to twitch or youtube and search for "real handy". I dont think you will suggest him to use the wheel. I do not need mosue steering but there are plenty who do.

13. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

sorry but clearly you never played with mouse steering so you cant know, i wont gonna waste time with you explaining this stuff when you are not a mouse driver.

Is funny that how many users with wheels always says the same stuff when they never try to play with MS, i know that the wheel is the ideal setting but not everyone have the space/money and in the case of R.handy arms to play with a wheel, I've see ppl with mouse steering doing better that many Pro/aliens

is denigrating how they see us, like we are some kind of scum for playing with MS
    This is the same on all the sim racing community's

Many sim racing games support mouse steering,netKarPro, Live For Speed, GTR, GTR2, GTR legends, BTCC the game, Assetto Corsa / Assetto competizione and any sim racing by simbin practically

Sorry for the offtopic but i'm tired of hear the same stupid thing over and over and over again...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not saying mouse steering shouldnt be included its simply not great. The mouse steering isnt the biggest issue its the keys for throttle and brake. ;)

If the game doesnt filter the inputs and provide hidden assists it would be inpossible to drive with only 100% 0% throttle and brake inputs.

DiRTMark likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Just found out, that I have Microstutter only if volumetric fog is enabled in different situations.
    build id: 3900858

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

where do you see the build id?

edit add: It's ok I found it. Steam-->ACC-->Properties-->Local Files

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

So lost sound then crash on Silverstone last night, tonight same thing but at hungaroring. Can't even get I to task manager, whole PC freezes up and I have to restart.
    On another note I noticed there is now a fanatec formula V2 profile now but you still can't map the left hand joystick. Please kunos allow us to do so. This is the only Sim I cannot do it in, is very odd.

18. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Hi @Minolin . Thanks for yours and the whole teams' efforts updating the game quickly. Regarding the matchmaking updates, there are still confusing results being generated contradicting the weights being set.

See below my weight settings and the server list results they produce. With Clean Server and Latency set at 100, all other options set at zero you can see it's the top server results are still high ping, and in some cases include servers without SA restrictions. For me I don't want to see servers above 150ms ping as they are no use to me and the high ping servers appearing in the #1 position means the quick join function drops me into servers sometimes with pings up to 500ms. As you can see in the screen grab below with Latency set to 100 5 of the 6 top servers are approaching 400ms. Would it be possible for there to be something along the lines of a slider that can be added where we can set at a ping cutoff point? Say I set the slider to 150ms it means the list won't produce any results above 150ms as an example. 1.0.2 beta is providing a better list than before (there are some relevant servers near the top of the list) but it's not there yet.

Weights.JPG
    Servers.JPG

martcerv likes this.
  19. trutya

trutya Simracer

saving options are still not perfect, but at least there is some kind of saving now
    i started a new championship

autosave is okay, in terms of that i quitted after Q1 and i could resume succesfully
    BUT the game forgot which tyre sets i used already, i had 5 new sets of tyres at the beginning of Q2

and the saving option during the event has been disappeared, which is not good. i started a 3h race too first, but i didn't see this option in any session, anytime, neither in pits nor on track.

the game runs a lot smoother indeed, however when i upset the car (for example hitting a sausage curb harder or going to lose the car, i almost everytime have small stutter which make the situation very hard to save, almost impossible :(

there could be improvements in AI too. they keep on hitting me in the braking zones, and when i follow them close they brake very hard in the last part of braking zone, for example right into T1 at Monza. sometimes i hit them in the last 10-15m in the braking zone or even in the corner because of this.

Quellkot likes this.
  20. redadeg

redadeg Racer