1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dp3 impression

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ouvert, Dec 15, 2015.

1. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

in the name of all you consider holy..... don't race the AI.....

2. What car/track combo are you using where you are constantly getting rammed by them? (I find it almost impossible to get rammed by them, I mean they will literally drive themselves off the track to not ram you if possible)

I will go try whatever combo you have found them to be completely broken in and check for myself. Stefano says he can't hardly get them to ram him also, so a vid of them doing this will help him greatly.

I need the car/track combo, surface grip, and ai strength percentage you were using please.

aphidgod, Robin_NL and Leemstradamus like this.
  3. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

@Michael Hornbuckle ermmmmm..... Brands Indy. Not overly forgiving I grant you for the GT3 class, can't remember the rest. Grip would be new default, and I can remember adjusting the AI downward..... They were making wild mid corner sideswipes.

4. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

oh..... and divebombing into the corners, doesn't end well...... :D

5. I love Brands Indy so at least testing this will be fun. (so glad you didn't say Spa!)
    I will start with default strength and optimum track just to try and get a baseline.

6. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

having said that, the new tyre model seems credible (although I haven't looked to closely at temperatures yet). FFB seems informative. Nice track in both configs. Nice shiny new classic F1, but the sound for it is closer to a later short stroke DFY (not complaining) and the GT3 class is only missing what ? a Porsche (not happening for licensing reasons), and a Bentley to be complete I would think. Shame about the AI. Otherwise impressed

7. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I'm the same! I opened a thread, and both Aris and Luca responded and we've been tracking the problem. I replaced a lot of drivers, did a ton of scans this morning...I found one problem was that AMD Crimson driver 15.11b was out of date, not running the software properly. 15.12 arrived yesterday, seems to have solved the issue...for now.

Are there nVidia driver updates for you?

9. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Hehe, I don't have any religious affinities so that's not going to do any good and , quite frankly, the AI are a far better proposition than some of the clowns I've come across today. Anyway, getting off topic and his lordship is running a tight ship these days so I don't want to end up walking the plank :D

PulpQuango likes this.
  10. Just to keep it simple I used a full grid of only the Audi GT3, 5 laps, 98% strength, and had no issues with them at all. Lowered the strength all the way down to 80% and things got a bit more hectic since they would break so much earlier for turns which resulted in them being three wide more often; still no blatant ramming or sideswiping though. I'll have a video of the first race up soon. (I will also try with a mixed grid, this combo is really fun!)

PulpQuango likes this.
  11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I have encountered a strange issue where on the 3rd lap of a 4 lap race, all the AI cars decide to pit just before the final lap. Anyone have any ideas why?

I did Brands GP, 23 AI, 98% difficulty, 4 lap race, Abarth 500 Assetto Corse.

12. Here is the race I had earlier.

Gabriel GSX-R and CKraegel like this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's not a deal breaker but I wish it wasn't quite so obvious that the AI are driving in two lanes.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Your patience is remarkable @Michael Hornbuckle :D having repeated yourself that often within the few last pages helping guys out who obviously don't know how to race properly is somewhat new on your side :)

Please guys if you really have a problem with the ai ramming you, you should consider racing them like you were driving in a real race with real opponents. Respect them and give them space to operate. You will see they race you quite descent then.
    Cheers and have fun.

nate, Mr.Mugel, arthur666 and 5 others like this.
  15. When did the GT3 cars get so enjoyable to drive? I'm loving the R8.

In my video above I didn't treat them like they were people in MP; I made rude moves on them that I would never do against real people and they still did everything they could to not hit me. I'm sure that the people that are complaining about the ai ramming them aren't making it up, for some reason they are getting killed by the AI. In order to help Stefano improve the ai we need to figure out what is causing the problem. Is it simply clueless driving by the player? Is it a bad AI line? Is it the player using either too strong or too weak AI strength compared to their skill set?

I'm not getting rammed (much), Stefano isn't either, and it seems that many people are finding the 1.4 ai to be much improved in this way yet there are still people having the same issues. Trying to figure out why those issues are happening so that they can be reproduced will help the ai become further improved in the future.
    ------------------------

Yeah, at least half or more of my million posts are helping people yet it seems that I am only known as either a shill, fanboy, cheerleader, instigator, or worse.....I am now trying to simply help people from here on out and keeping my own opinions to myself. (I said trying, doesn't always mean succeeding)
    Also I have probably been reported more than anybody else, so I am trying to purposely not make posts that would give my 'haters' ammo. (I bet this post still gets reported at least once though)

Leemstradamus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Can you imagine the heated discussions the AI have about some humans. Im pretty sure at some point they go #$=% it next time we see that #$%= on track lets all take him out. :D

I wonder if the AI could blacklist people so they dont have to have their races ruined by them.

17. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yawn... What was the topic again?

18. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If you report the car+track+#laps in the bug report forum that sort of thing will get fixed pretty fast (I had it happen with the Mito after that was added)

Include the logs, they say why it happens (AI fuel estimations are thinking it can do 2-3 laps more than it needs, but it recalculates after a few laps and finds out it was way wrong)

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Regarding the R8 plus and the Gallardo SL: Kunos tweaked something about the AWD code IIRW and I drove both cars around the Nordschleife during Touristenfahrten. I really like them and I think they feel plausible...the predominant FWD feel seems to be gone...and that's in default setup.

When I went from the Gallardo to the R8 I felt so much faster and thought "I'm so gonna smash that Gallardo time." just to see I was 12 s slower :p Must be the weight of the Audi...but if they were the same weight I guess the Audi should win...it has way better gearing to work with. The Gallardo gears are weird...I'm usually stuck in between 2nd and 3rd through medium turns whereas in the Audi I can use third in most cases.

Leemstradamus and ears1991 like this.
  20. I honestly haven't driven against the AI since the career mode was first released and even then only did a couple of races... But for me they still look to be too careful and more worried about getting out of your way than fighting for position. That's just from looking at a couple of videos like the above. Maybe this is why some people have issues when racing in MP - they expect others to dive out of the way like the AI?

Anyway, doesn't bother me what the AI is like, that's just my opinion. Would be interested to hear from those that race off line a lot whether that's the case.

Kristaps likes this.