1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dp3 impression

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ouvert, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Well I think I need to go have a go at this combo and see how it feels first hand. Maybe start with the 12c first since that car only wants to be driven the way it decides you should lol.

Quffy likes this.
  2. Berry

Berry Alien

Care to explain? :p

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I am doing a topspeed test @ Longford
    Wanna guess the results?
    Gallardo vs 458 vs Mp4-12c

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  4. Berry

Berry Alien

I'm quite sure the Gallardo takes the cake, I've drag raced them, the MP4-12C hangs around, but it isn't enough.The McLaren's lighter, has 30 more HP, and is turbocharged/has more torque, it should count for something...
    I still think the Gallardo's a bit OP :D.I expected it to handle a bit better in the twisties, but I suppose they've got the physics right, it does feel AWD, and doesn't act like a regular supercar, and real life reviews do describe it as such...

5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Drag no question, lambo takes the cake, because awd traction of the line and AC don't support launch control, so the rwd struggles.

6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Here are the topspeed results!
    *same tires (street), same pressures, speed trap on the fastest straight at the same spot, just before the braking point.
    *keep in mind that real speed should be ~10km/h faster, speed bug is still there, just showing wrong numbers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Berry

Berry Alien

Hmm, interesting, so it drops off after some time, still, 0-200 it's clearly the fastest out of the bunch, and that's where it matters.I'll take all 3 of them to the Nordschleife on green settings when I have the time :D.

8. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

On the move not so much, form the line it matters the most, and form very slow corners. On the Imola straight mp4 gets the fastest time, but struggles out of the Tosa and Variante Alta corners compared to Gallardo

I will do the same, love these production car comparison tests.

VenomSRT and Berry like this.
  9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

What does the speed bug do, it gives less speed in the app or is a bug with the game physics? And which ~cars it affects?

10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Shows less speed in the speedo and in the app, the faster you go the bigger the mistake, opposite how it should be in the RL, the bug came with the 1.3 update

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Well tried all three and the 458 is still my favorite. Much easier to get to terms with it. The Lambo has no TC or ABS so I struggled getting that thing slowed down. The 12c is a mess, which is just like the reviews say. Great car but has to be driven a specific way. I can't for the life of me get to terms with it yet. The 458 is the benchmark still I got my best time in the quickest and also I was smoking something to think I got it down to the 54's i was in the high 57's may be able to get it a little more down but that will be with practice. The lambo is a monster but without abs it is much more difficult. Really need to get to terms with it.

12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

It has abs and TC:confused:

Leemstradamus and Mogster like this.
  13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You guys are going to make me crazy and I'm still young :p
    Why do you say the Lambo doesn't have ABS or TC, it clearly has them both...

@Kristaps are you sure about this speed bug? have you tested with telemetry? How have you verified? Sorry to ask but I haven't heard about such a bug anywhere. Please point me to the thread if you have reported before.

Leemstradamus, Kristaps and victor86 like this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So the speed test makes sense and the Lambo being quicker around twisty tracks also makes sense. Drove it around Zandvoort earlier today against McLaren and 458 in MP. You just get your turning done on entry, manage the understeer mid corner and you floor it. Just let it travel to the outside curb and pick up speed while the other cars are burning away power on the rears. 30 more BHP and some pounds less in the 12c will not compensate for the massive advantage of the AWD.

VenomSRT and Kristaps like this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

fastest times from Zandvoort:

Gallardo SL - 1:49.174
    MP4 12C - 1:49.387
    RT12 R - 1:50.002
    458 - 1:50.074
    GT-R Nismo - 1:50.498
    SLS - 1:51.447
    R8 - 1:51.502

(not that reliable because grip varied between 95<100%)

LeDude83 and Kristaps like this.
  16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep, Gallardo is confusing .. on my first lap I feelt like I`m messing it up, like I`m way out of pace, lazy in corners and at the end of first lap I had 1 second faster time than what I set with AMG after 5 laps ...

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

18. pigsy

pigsy Racer

I agree the AI in v1.4 is much improved. From you comments it seems you are in contact with the developers.
    Have you/they viewed this video that I posted earlier in this thread.

I know it's slightly off topic and relates to crash physics and AI unawareness. But is there any comment from them about the 'rubber band' the AI seem to have to bring them back in line when almost spinning. Also at the 33 second mark on the video when the AI turns to come back on track. It looks completely unnatural some sort of weird physics that I can't explain.

19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well AI has unnatural reflexes in coutersteering .. maybe it is just that ... and than there is a conspiracy about fudged 72D suspension (JK) :)

mms likes this.
  20. That weird, not spinning out thing is a result of the ai having perfect reflex times IIRC. I doubt that 'fixing' it is very high on the priority list when it comes to further improving the AI. (But it could be, I'm not that close to the devs.)

mms likes this.