1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza might be coming to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Specht77, Feb 16, 2016.

1. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I am fairly excited for the announcement. Forza may not be full sim, but offers interesting car customization, a large car roster, very good visual fidelity and weather effects. Car modifications are what I miss most out of sims so, this would probably fit the bill better than any other racing game of the past 4 years, providing above NFS physics.

Win 10 and especially DX12 are here to stay, we can hate on it as much as we want, it won't change the fact that sooner or later you have to give in to their marketing pressure, out of necessity or give up gaming in the next 2-4 years.

I refuse to get a console so their damn analytics and storefront are a necessary compromise. The upside is that Win10 is very quick and responsive.

2. william1141

william1141 Simracer

horizon will be a fun thing for me since i am looking for something that has a little more excitement than The crew at the moment and more fun tuning options and it is more NFS like! so if it comes to windows i will certainly be interested how it will go!

seco46 and Quffy like this.
  3. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Cool, but can you make your own tracks and cars there? No? Not interested then.

4. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Forza Motorsport I couldn't really care less about but Forza Horizon would be welcome on PC. Right now that title is the single reason I have an Xbox One, so if it were to come to PC I'll sell the X1 and put it in my new wheel fund!

BlackSeaDriver28 likes this.
  5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Well if they screw up the controllers then there will be war, well hopefully it will not be hard to crack it open and sort it out. From what ive seen a lot of guys are using playstation controllers on pc now, i personally use a ps4 controller. hope it has xinput.

6. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Well after playing forza 3 and 4 the impression I got was that they have been screwing up the controls all the time. With it being on pc there is at least hope to turn off some of the nasty stuff (speed sensitive steering among others).

7. plaid

plaid Alien

What also would be interesting, if the physics can be changed like in Shift 2. Maybe there is potential to make it more realistic.

Forza sadly lacks the same things I miss in AC (and many other sims) even they have the budget to archive it, so Im not interested. Some more cars and tracks are cool and the graphics are nice, its not better in creating the illusion of a real race, which is something I would trade for slightly worse physics. From an AAA game in 2016 and the 6th title of a series I would expect animated pitstops for example - at least for the racecars which pit in reality, too.

Edit: Need to add: The presentation before you start a race and end it is nicely done in Forza 6. Leaves a better impression that you in an actual race than earlier titles. Its amazing what a few animated people can change.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  8. dauntless

dauntless Alien

One of the strengths for forza would be the car customization. It would be kinda nice to build your own car to some spec and then race it online. Even if everybody on the grid has the same car they all can look and drive completely differently. At least for me when I had xbox that was fun. But sadly the online was so garbage and full of wreckers that it was just completely pointless. Even with its faults it can still deliver something unique.

9. Agreed. I just want to mod cars and mess around really. That's a big thing missing from PC sims.

10. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

I am skeptical.

Would be great if it they did.

I used to play test drive unlimited with controller on PC was great game for cruising and had wide range of cars to choose from.

Specht77 likes this.
  11. plaid

plaid Alien

That - to my surpise - is an activity I enjoy in AC. Trackdays on the Nordschleife and non-circuit tracks like Lake Louis (there are servers with it) and some other inspired by civil roads. No matter if with AI cars or online.
    You can cruise maybe race others and all of that with realistic physics. :) Just that the gameplay mechanics of those other titles are missing, but: you can drive.

In general it would be cool to try games like Test Drive, NFS or even Driver and GTA with realistic physics.

LeDude83 and Bugatti like this.
  12. I hope it will be released, I am somewhat disappointed with current racing sims / racing games in general - AC included.
    Forza would mix things up a bit - especially Horizon 3.

Best Regards,
    Brett Sinclair

ps:
    Forza 6 and Horizon 2 include the Jaguar XJ220, which is my favourite supercar. Which would be a reason to buy Horizon 2 / 3 alone...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  13. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

^^^
    Forza and Horizon budget/staff is massive so there is no surprise they have tons of cars/tracks compared to smaller developers like AC/rf2 etc...

Maybe @LordKunos can answer

is it easier to go from PC to XboxOne or vice versa.

edit: seems they already did it before

forza 5 was running on PC for demonstration purposes

14. the 2 platforms are very similar software-wise, the PC is missing a lot of the "magic" hardware that allows the XB1 to perform well even with inferior CPU/GPU but it has a lot more raw power.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had a PC build around since the beginning of XB1 development. The hard stuff for them will be supporting so many different hardware configs (typical problem of PC development) and FF as I've said before.. but Turn10 it's such a battleship it really won't be a problem at all for them.

15. some1pl

some1pl Alien

RawInput? Don't know...., never used it.

Or they'll outsource the porting to some unknown company that will later get the blame for the crappy port, Warner Bros style.

16. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

What is this "magic" Hardware? I'm not so much into Xbox :D

17. I am not sure if I can talk about it due to the NDAs so I won't :)

18. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Uhh I didn't expect such secret things, alright then :rolleyes:

19. Zeether

Zeether Gamer

I'm a little excited if this is actually happening, but it's going to be a while before I have a PC that would even be capable of running such a game...plus I'm not ready for Windows 10, although Microsoft is doing a good job of tempting me with this since I do like Forza (what little I have played...a friend had 4 and the fact that you could swap the Mazda Furai's loud rotary engine into an FC3S astounded me)

20. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

I dont know what is Microsoft is doing exactly but these few years had seen quite a few changes to the company. Microsoft is no longer the company that is solely focusing on exclusives like Office solely for Windows Phone and Windows 7/810 but you can find Office apps on iOS and Android now. Same goes for Outlook that you also can find them in other platforms now. Another example would be Cortana, that they are/had port it to Android and iOS which you will never see Microsoft bringing their software to other platforms back in the days of Palm OS, Nokia, Symbian and so on. Probably the only exception is Office on OSX. Then, now, you see previously Xbox One exclusive games such as Killer Instinct, Gears of War 1 Remastered and Recore had been confirmed heading to PC. If Forza is indeed coming to PC, I am really not surprised and I think I'll enjoy having it on PC too. The whole customisation aspect, the fairly flexible livery creator and sharing tool and bazillions of cars, I think I'll play it along with AC, pcars, Dirt Rally and so on.

I remember the current CEO, Satya Nadella had a quote about current Microsoft strategy where they do not mind what platform you are using, whether it is OSX, Android, iOS or Windows, as long as you are using a Microsoft product, they are happy with it. From my point of view, I think it would work well for Microsoft considering the fairly large gap between the sales of Xbox One and PS4. Leveraging their desktop, laptop and now tablets platform with Xbox exclusives does sound like a good idea to sell more copies of their exclusive games. It is the same as Kunos going to console for AC, I think we will see more benefits with better polish, more licenses, more content, longer support and so on due to increased market exposure but I do admit that I am concern that Microsoft will be shoving down GFWL 2.0 down our throats though.