1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza might be coming to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Specht77, Feb 16, 2016.

1. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

aphidgod_WRX [10-29-14].jpg

Admittedly it was 30F that night, cold and dry just like the turbo wants it. But that's real whp from a real log (and is corrected for temp.) There's a lot more in it, the boost is deliberately tapered for the sake of my gears and my pistons. The turbo will hold 25+ to redline...

Those GCs are sexy machines. Nice and light, too.

2. Nice ! Yeah, these things are quick. Tho for me they look too easy too drive, point and shoot, haha.

Also curious to know what a properly fast driver can do in these... Because right now my buddy went faster than all of them on my local track with 120whp, LOL
    [​IMG]

3. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

A simple points system enforced on a server can make sure cars are somewhat close to being balanced on the grid. It worked in Shift 2 fairly well and provided some fun even if it wasn't a sim. Or you can set hp limits, add weight penalties, your options are endless. I saw well built Golf GTi-s that in capable hands will destroy much more expensive stock road cars. It depends on many factors obviously like track layout vs car setup (speed vs handling) and driver skill etc but it can be done. Have a look at a Smoking Tire one take of the Golf GTI on YT and tell me how that is a difficult to drive car on normal roads or unable to beat high powered cars. The P1 comparison would obviously be an exaggeration. Man, you made me defend GTIs and I hate them... Bottom line is, it's better to have tools available and tools to customize the experience even if limiting them in MP than not having the tools available at all.

You just generalised all car builds into one class, that of squids. Building a car up to perform requires more funds than cutting springs, slapping on aftermarket taillights, and long skirts. And yeah, style over substance is disgusting. Whenever I see a stock GT86 running Rocket Bunny kits with$1800 wheels that are parking lot queens I can't help but cringe. But put people in a mildly interesting car on a decent track, teach them the basics of performance driving and laugh as their bank account are drained by go fast mods, not look good mods. At the end of the day, IF AC had car customization, even aesthetic one, everyone would win. We would still be forced to race on tightly controlled servers and leagues to avoid wreckers (just like now) but could enjoy building interesting cars that could be limited on servers, a metric ton more copies of AC would be sold which would be money for K. The pool of aesthetic mod kids hides real talent in the sea of squids. That talent never gets to shine or be built upon because sims like AC has no appeal to them. Have the product appeal to them, bring them in, filter them through leagues and MR and enjoy a bigger, better community. Hell, we would have more communities, one of which would do free advertising for AC on social media showing off their creations. Everyone would be happier. Except the haters...

You're describing spec racing, single make championships. I doubt that is all you do in sims. It's part of racing, and a great display of raw driver talent and team management hower racing is much more than that, be it amateur or pro racing. You do have multiclass racing. You do sometimes race underpowered, underdeveloped cars against much more fierce competition. Example: By your opinion VLN should not exist but I thank the car gods that it does.

To everyone that thinks a simplified physics game with car modifications available in it is a waste of time, to everyone that thinks sims should stick to appealing only to elitist pools of plastic wheel warriors, to everyone that thinks console games are for kids only, I would like to remind you that there is GT Academy. Everyone gets to have an oppinion but if you are narrow minded enough to think that a fun game with huge car roster and car modification tools is stupid to have on PC to grow our talent pool and player numbers is stupid... well, I dunno, everone has an Ahole to, doesn't mean we should show it to the world.
    Forza is an excellent car racing game, provides tons of content and hours of fun while providing the tools to set up fair racing and even leagues just like any sim. If Forza comes to PC, we have another contender in the race for the ultimate car game, it puts pressure on other developers to improve their product, it gets more people into racing. Saying meh to that is counterproductive for us all.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    snickz, witoldinho, Brous and 2 others like this.
  4. Oh I stepped in some poop,

**Lifts up foot to find Forza**

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Very exciting, hope the kinks are worked out of the Windows 10 store come release.

6. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Really looking forward to this if true.

7. SeeNoWeevil

SeeNoWeevil Gamer

As much as I love the current PC sims, I do miss having a good career mode with car collecting and progression.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This does make sense. MS marketing bods will want a killer app to introduce lots of people to Windows 10 store.

9. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

So much guff against vehicle customization/personalization.

What if Gran Turismo 7 came out this year and ended up having the most superior physics engine, without even question? With Triple screen support, VR, and up to 8 hardware inputs? what if that actually happened? would everyone still bash it for having tuning parts? I'm not saying that's true, or that that's what I believe, but what if that really happened? The amount of butthurt would explode.

Forza would be completely welcome to the PC. Even if, in my opinion, it's not quite the simulation that PC sims provide. It would still sell wildly and with lots of success. Even more so if mods eventually made it in.

Many sim racers still love TDU, and still play today. It's not a simulation, it's a game. but many sim racers specifically love it (I only say this because I've met more people who sim race as opposed to battlefield players, through TDU1). Horizon would easily have the same effect.

As for me, if I want hardcore GT3/2 racing, or DTM, or rally, or Gr A, I'll go with Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally. I already know as a simulation, AC is battling for the king spot next to rF2 and iRacing, so as pure simulation needs, that's where I'll be.

But I often prefer road cars. Not that I undermine race cars, it's just that I like the diversity in how they handle, and how that diversity can match to another road car. Similar to the old Historx. Cars so vastly different, putting in similar times.

Forza can provide that quite well. Maybe not with the most amazing physics accuracy, but it's still good enough to enjoy cars that you never see in every single PC simulation.

10. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Well its just not possible.

1. Calculating physics takes a **** load of processing power, they will eat up those cycles like its going out of style. Sure they can optimize better then kunos but to have the most superior physics engine there are mountains of calculations you would have to do which would bring the console to its knees, it might be possible at 30fps but its a racing game so that low frame rate is not acceptable regardless of how nice the physics are.

2. Triple screen support is not possible on the ps4, it just isnt. hdmi doesnt have the bandwidth if you use a splitter, if they used displayport then this wouldnt be a problem but of course then there is processing power and without a doubt it would run shamefully bad.

3. VR is possible with the sony morpheus thing going on, id go as far as to say its 100% having support, games with cockpits are very good for this sort of thing. Resolution and refresh rate will however be a major issue, various tests suggest 90hz is the sweet spot to stop a lot of people getting motion sickness. pair that with the increased pixels it has to power and its a large hurdle to deal with.

4. honestly not sure, console has four ports, maybe with splitters it will work but console games have a large history of lacking the ability to customize various things.

Sorry i just had to say that, there will always be that one guy that thinks its possible, no its not, stop being silly.

The main issue i have is that people have this weird thought process as if once i get into sim racing i cant play other racers, content is content, i agree with you there, there is a massive density of crap to do. Something these sims can never do as they dont get the mad budget.

11. plaid

plaid Alien

In this case those people will return to the "it must be hard or it isn't a sim"-stance and play a harder but actually inferior niche-sim. :D

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

With Gran Turismo though....that's still an improvement ;) lol not quite literally, just had to.

13. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Forza 6 Apex announced for Windows 10

"Microsoft has just announced Forza Motorsport 6 Apex, a free, "curated" version of Forza Motorsport 6 that will release on Windows 10 this Spring. Curated, in this instance, means 63 different cars, and "more than 20 exciting track ribbons across six world-famous locales.""

So for the time being it's a glorified tech demo. No harm in that tho'.

14. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Too bad you need that filthy windows games live... uhh I mean windows store for it.

Brownninja97 likes this.
  15. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Pretty good news to be fair.

Another racing game to enjoy on the PC and in this case, whatever capacity it comes out in initially, it's free!

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This reeks badly of "pay with your data"...

17. some1pl

some1pl Alien

And the answer is.... they won't. No wheel support at launch:
    http://worthplaying.com/article/2016/3/1/previews/98628/

"the goal behind creating Apex was so that peripheral manufacturers would have something to develop against."

[​IMG]

mister dog and LeDude83 like this.
  18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

No Xinput support as well which IS ****ING RETARDED.

Guess my ds4 will not working without a lot of faffing around.

19. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Wow no wheel support... that's errrm, pretty odd for a driving/racing game but we'll see how it turns out I guess

20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

so by no wheel support

they are masking that game physics are garbage?

what a disappointment :(:(