1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza might be coming to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Specht77, Feb 16, 2016.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

This is what puts me off those types of games altogether. It's fine for offline play but not online, which is where I do all my racing.
    There's nothing more frustrating than a Golf GTi (which has been customized to the hilt with 4 turbos and a 20 inch exhaust with 1500bhp because the player has more XP) pissing on a McLaren P1 driven by someone who might be a better driver but lacks the XP because they're new to the game.
    I read of people complaining all the time that AC doesn't have car customization to make them go faster. IMO that's what arcade titles are for, not simulators.

2. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

If the whole car modification is done properly, like slapping a turbo on a Golf will increase performance but at the cost of drivability and maybe reliability issues or different pieces of spoiler will change how the car handles, it can be done well. The problem is, no one has done it properly till now as it requires a lot of resources. Most car customisation in games are either cosmetic or a straight up performance improvement with barely any drawbacks which is the main cause of the problem.

Judging a game to be whether a sim or not based on some arbitrary standards like whether it has car customisation or not doesnt make sense to me at all.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    plaid likes this.
  3. baliwa

baliwa Hardcore Simmer

How good is DS4 compare with XBone or X360 controller when play AC? Have been thinking changing my Logitech with DS4

4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Primarily I play racing games/sims so that I can race against other people to see where my driving/racing skill level is compared to them, which is really what racing is about. If you have 20 people on track with 20 different XP levels and potentially 20 different car classes, then who and what are you racing against?
    Sure you could split races into different car classes but you'd need thousands of people online at the same time to have any chance of a full grid of people to race with in the same class.
    Offline you can race a T72 tank vs a Humvee for all I care, but online it needs to be as even as possible otherwise it won't be a racing sim but just a track day 'sim'.

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i guess its a bit subjective depending on what layout you like. Just take in mind both DX4 & xbone now you directinput only, its not a problem unless you play rpgmaker games.

Controller itself is fantastic, having owned both current gen controllers the ps4 feels like its built better, each button presses the same amount and goes down far enough to be satisfying. It has a nice texture to it and im not sure why but during long hours of play the xbone controller gets a lot more murky due to sweat.

Down to controlling using analogue sticks, with ds4 i fine that my laptimes are better, like 0.5-1 second better, im not sure why, maybe me just feeling more comfortable does the trick. If it had remapping support natively it would imo be the best controller.

baliwa likes this.
  6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

So true. It's not like you can actually modify a car IRL to make it faster so why simulate such frivolous nonsense? (Come to think of it, someone should jump on that. Call it an "aftermarket" and sell upgraded parts to people for their cars. I bet you'd make some money.)

But seriously, that can be crazy fun if done well. Anyone else remember Motor City Online? A tuning and upgrading system like that in a game with modern sim physics would be amazing...

7. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

So just because you want to race with people, the rest of us cant have some car customisation to tune the cars? Why cant one does some track day races as if everything has to be perfectly balanced? Or a casual drive with some insane cars on Lake Louise? I fear for the future of racing games with this kind of "everything must be balanced then only it's fun" mentality as overbalancing something will eventually sucks out all the fun of playing it into something sterile. Like how SC2 had turned the RTS genre into a bunch of dull games these days because nobody wants to take risk in game design for more interesting gameplay to prevent the 5% vocal minority whining how imbalanced the game.

AC doesnt really balance their road cars so that is essentially no difference than a grid of mixed stock and tuned cars.

Specht77 likes this.
  8. If I want balanced racing I'll just go on iRacing, lol... Forza is mainly dicking around and weird car grids.

9. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I don't think car modifications are compulsory. You can pretty much setup a server with something like car vs car without any modifications, or you can run something like 500 points race without allowing any modified cars. Or you can do a free for all 600points race while excluding couple of cars that are problematic. Or that's the way it should work. Not sure if forza even offers players the chance to host your own servers though?

Live and let live. Some people like doing crazy builds so let them. Some people prefer stock cars. Give them the tools to enjoy racing those cars. Some people want to do different things. As long as the game can offer tools so people can do what they want I don't see any issues with golfs (golves? :p) beating mclaren p1s.

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

You are twisting my words. This is what I said....
    FYI (For Your Information): IMO means 'In My Opinion'.
    We're all entitled to one and we're all entitled to give reasoning's for our opinion. In the alternate way that some people think racing sims are going to die on their arse if they can't add turbos to minis to make them go at 300MPH.
    I also said....
    With the exception of iRacing, online servers of proper racing sims are sparsely populated as it is. Introducing another level of segregation (car classes) will make it worse. With pick-up-and-play arcade titles such as Forza this problem is less prominent because it's aimed at the mass market by allowing a 12 yo kid to believe he can drive like Lewis Hamilton with 'loose' physics and a joypad. For good measure, allow him to add 1000bhp and colourful bumpers, skirts and wings and they're on to a winner.
    IMO (there's that phrase again) I don't need the bells and whistles that 12 yo kids want. I need to feel like I'm in a real life environment racing real cars. The only time you'll see a 985bhp Renault 5 on a track is on a track day, not a race.

Jebus, Ace Pumpkin and bondyboy like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't see the point in adding customisation to a simulator title. They'd have to be banned for online racing, as it would in real life, and it seems like a lot of work just so someone can have a fancy car offline. When it comes to older cars like say the E30 in AC it seems even more pointless, it's great to try out these classics in AC and I feel like any alteration to the car would be borderline sacrilege. There's nothing worse than seeing a nice car in real life ruined by what a handful of people think is cool. Most car modifications I see in real life could only be making the car worse. I saw an Audi in a town close to me that was lowered to maybe 2 or 3 inches off the ground, and I know for a fact that car must be a pain to drive on Irish roads, it had to have ruined the performance of the car.

Style over substance is something about the modern world that I hate.

Ace Pumpkin and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  12. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I swapped onto PC after FM4 was released. Just needed more then the series could offer. I can't think of any reason for it to not come to PC but I can assure you it will be no sim. They make their game for gamepad and drifting and really selling DLC. The DLC is always very competative for some reason?$?$?$ funny that.

I think there is a market for the franchise on PC, I can't think of anything similar and I understand porting platforms is easier so why not. Will pull all the retards from our MP servers for sure, they will feel like driving gods.

Make no mistake they won't be getting any of my cash.

13. What exactly is ruined here ?
    [​IMG]
    >
    [​IMG]

D1visor and Specht77 like this.
  14. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Wow what interesting news.

It gets me thinking when a company goes exclusive for so many years and then out of the blue decides to then make it's software available on other platforms one can only assume Forza sales must be hurting because Forza was one reason to buy a console due to its exclusiveness .

Someone crunched the numbers and it's no longer profitable to stay exclusive.

I wanted to play Forza on PC years ago not this or next year and not now after using AC for so long.

They want to be exclusvie then stay exclusive because any other move reeks of an ulterior motive - $$$$$$.

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Don`t really care about Forza Motorsport that much but having arcade relaxing, drink and drive Forza Horizon on PC is something I could imagine enjoying (never played it though ... ) .. and wasn`t Horizon the one that was originaly confirmed to be on Win10? not Motorsport, or did they extend it to Motorsport too ?

16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Probably the same thing that's ruined in my Subaru. I mean, it does 0-60 in under 4 seconds now and holds on to the road like a cat with its claws out running on carpet. It's even more comfortable than it was stock in spite of its increased performance. It's awful. :confused:

(I'm joking of course - modified cars all suck. Jeremy Clarkson said so.)

17. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I think it is just that ms has noticed how much money steam and apple are making by selling things on their own platforms and ms wants to try to get some of that money by launching their own windows store in win 10 with some hot name. The forza series along with few others could draw enough people in to get the ball rolling. On the surface it is just a good thing. More competition should mean lower prices. As long as ms is willing to actually compete with pricing with steam. There is the possibility that ms will compete with its usual tricks... Would not surprise me if steam store suddenly would not work as well on win10 as it works on other windows oses...

18. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

If Windows starts to block Programs it would be the stupiest thing MS could do and would be their downfall.

19. How much power does it have btw ? GC8's and some other gens are very popular around here for Auto X (and lapping). Here's a couple I had a ride in;

Auto X club president's, 400+ hp, aero, race suspension, stripped out, etc:
    [​IMG]

Local guy's legit JDM "RA" edition, mostly doing lapping days (nights). Probably closer to 500hp than not. Bit less intense on the "because race car" stuff, but he's getting there:
    [​IMG]

Yohnny240 and aphidgod like this.