1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza might be coming to PC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Specht77, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

They aren't interested in making it wheel friendly as MS got out of the wheel and joystick business years ago...

They can charge licence fees on the XB but Windows is the Wild West....

2. well.. they took the easiest route then :p

I wonder what that sentence about the manufacturers means.. anyway, I wouldn't mind to see the FF system they use for the XB1 ported to the PC, it's very low level and gives full control to the devs... no more "driver magic".

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

So to sum it up:
    • ~60+ cars
    • 6 tracks
    • free
    • no wheel support
    • win 10 only
    • no detailed tuning (is it only about "sliders" or also modifications?)
    • no multiplayer
    Sounds like it can be quite successful... once it will be a mobile game. At least they do what they can to boost popularity of win 10.
    But yeah I know, it's free.

No wheel support in any racing game (even arcade) is something I don't understand. It's like making an FPS game with no keyboard+mouse support.

4. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

they will most probably make it windows store only. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Microsoft should probably tie up with Steam somehow for pc gaming.

5. D1visor

D1visor Alien

And there I thought this was sort of interesting. No wheel support, no multiplayer, have to use win 10 and their store= Nope.

mister dog and William Levesque like this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

Thats how most PC-sims appear to me.

But I read about they wanted to push Win10 with XBone games and not a demo.
    Hope the full game will be released (not free).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  7. Zrymer

Zrymer Gamer

Windows Store only? Windows 10 only? No thank you.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

It seems like Microsoft are putting a lot of effort into windows as a gaming platform. Forza is their hen that lays the golden egg. So I'm optimistic from that point of view. But it doesn't sound like it's going to be my cup of tea. No wheel support means it's just not going to compete with anything on the PC sim market but as a tech demo I might install it to see what it's like. But once that's done I don't see why I'd spend any time with it.

Specht77 likes this.
  9. Brous

Brous Racer

This game will be the perfect circuit breaker when things aren't going my way in AC.

10. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Windows 10 is ok, use it anyway, but having to use their online account system stuff for the W10 Games thing is quite crappy in my opinion.

Trailer is mediocre at best, too. GTE cars racing on a fictive city circuit? The rain effects on the car aren´t good, too in my opinion... Well, then there is no announced wheel support, no mention of damage, simplified setup stuff...

Would have tried a full version just for the fun of driving the stock VW T1 bus around Nordschleife (Did that on a friends XBox, drove him mad with those laptimes) or building LS3 swapped VW Käfers. But no multiplayer, no wheels, no Nordschleife? That looses about 150% of the game.

11. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I did hear they will add wheel support at a later time. not that it's completely extinct. Still, boldly disappointing move there...How's that going to attract people from PC?

I thought the rain looked pretty good, nothing ultra amazing, but still pretty nice. More than can be said for most PC simulations, or lack there of...

I don't use Win 10 for a few older games that have revived themselves through modding communities that I know for a fact won't work on 10. That's a hard part of it all...

Still though, a "test bed" version of Forza 6 just doesn't seem useful unless they work on PC peripherals. The point of PC gaming is customization, open ended sdk, and not being stuck with the most generic as humanely possible settings. As a graphics test, sure. but the rest, with the current information, just seems like a game engine announcement, and not a game announcement.

yeah, the trailer didn't really show much other than a nice graphics engine. I'll give it to them for having calculated exhaust upgrades with how their sound will properly change, and realistic power increase numbers, but I'm just like "whatever" if there's no peripheral support other than a controller I used 5 years ago...

Also, this is just my own issue, but I'm not happy about no drivatars. Hopefully they'll include them soon after release, just because I remember forza 1 and 2's AI system and it was really quite good if you took a REALLY REALLY long time molding them into fast drivers. (idk how current drivatars worked, but back then you'd do the driving and it would calculate your lines, braking points, accel points, shifting points, etc, and then create a difficulty based on it, and it worked quite well after many hours of doing that.)